• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ballin4life's YouTube Channel

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i still use fox utilt in combos. i just don't like it after a fair/dair approach because i always mess it up and miss - it doesn't seem to have that big of a hitbox. and it sucks on shield too haha.

also SK you hadn't seen that combo before? wtf

not to mention that this combo was my 6th video ever way back in 2009.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You don't use them after fair/dair approaches, you use them after uairs/dtilts (dtilt -> pivot utilt) or to beat approaches itself

I've probably seen it but I forgot about it by the time you started hating on Fox's utilt

ballin4life

Smash Hero
well, yes, i use utilt for those purposes (although I don't do the "beat approaches" one nearly enough). My criticism was limited to using them after fair/dair approaches. (I don't even remember my criticism being as severe as you seem to be implying)

Sangoku

Smash Master
I thought I remembered ballin saying utilt was the worst move in the game. Maybe he didn't though. But I agree that it's terrible after a fair/dair, the hitbox is so strange it will miss most of the time.

Dtilt, pivot utilt seems nice, too bad I can't pivot utilt correctly.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Eh I'm not saying you said that. If you say you don't remember it, then you probably didn't lol. Also Mario>Fox and Jigglypuff>Fox.

Edit: here are the quotes:
fox's utilt is such garbage.

the hitbox on fox's utilt is just horrible
the hitbox is horizontally tiny.

nothing combos into the move well

Maybe my confusion was due to these being posted in the Best/worst move in the game thread.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm uploading stuff from my livestreams.

There's a LOT to get through (like 12.5 hours) so I guess I will try to cherry pick the entertaining matches to upload first.

B Link

Smash Lord
Those matches were sick. It's tough for me to rewatch them when they're not on youtube (cuz I forget about them) so that would def be a good idea

Top Bottom