• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ballin4life's YouTube Channel

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
o really enjoy the commentary...dont care if there's a non comment version ...
if you dont mind the trouble,is not a bad idea tho

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It's not that it's trouble, it's just that it seems like it would be really confusing to have duplicates of everything uploaded.

A$ why do you dislike commentary? Just curious. Personally even if the commentary sucks I would rather hear that than game sounds which I have heard a million times before. It makes it a bit more unpredictable.

DMoogle

A$
No real reason. It's definitely not you. I just don't care hearing someone else's voiceover when I'm watching SSB. The fact that I've heard the game sounds millions of times before oddly doesn't stop me from wanting to hear them more. :p

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
why not make some demo videos of commentary with like a leason or a common factor or something. Like..... "how the **** tent works, volume 1". lol.

Volume 2 could be about short hopping. lol.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Also, for your commentary vids, you could make a merge of the two, letting the game's sound in a background in a low volume, giving priority to the commentaries.

HellxBound

Smash Cadet
Yeah I wanna make some tutorial videos for like Falcon and Fox comboing. But I can't do that until mid March when I get back from studying abroad.
I would definitely appreciate the fox tuts if you end up doing them, I've been trying so hard to learn to combo with him, lots of improvement with uair/dair/jab/usmash/shine shenanigans, almost no improvement with fair and bair, I just can't seem to learn how to chain them.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Whenever you are fighting a floaty who is at mid percents you should be thinking fair usmash.

Try watching that Fox vs Jigglypuff video I just posted for a few fair chains -> usmash.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
If you make tutoring videos, you should hit me up, and I can make some leet graphics. AE, final cut, I know all those and more.

The Star King

Smash Hero
We Fly High (Ballin') is pretty much mandatory for your combo vid. It'd be like 2006 all over again.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
sure, I am down to help with a combo video all the same. just pm with footage or ideas, and I can help out.

I graduate on the 24th, so wait like 10 days kk.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Thanks for the offer, but don't worry about it. I'm making the final videos right now and it would be a big hassle to transfer like 100 video clips anyway. For my video, there won't be much fancy editing or anything, but whatever the footage itself is what matters.

If I make a tutorial video then I'll definitely send it to you though.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
there should be a tutorial on spacing.... I think that is really lacking. Like different ways to move in order to dodge attacks. Dashing backwards, or through instead of rolling. Stuff like that should be shown. food for thought or w/e, cuz I haven't found a video that gives a good example besides live matches.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Should I post this under the Melee - Combo Videos section as well?

It can't hurt right? They don't have much traffic over there anyway, so it's not like I would be burying any Melee combo videos...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Great video, one of the best application ones I've seen. Combine this with a short one about each move's use in combos and you have a Falcon tutorial right there.

The one nitpick I have is that there weren't many combos on light characters, but honestly, your use of B-Air and reverse F-Airs more than made up for it. Great work.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yeah Falcon dittos have a tendency to get recorded lol.

Looking at my videos, I have 20 falcon dittos and only 7 of falcon vs other characters ... and then 2 of those are against Fox, 1 is against Yoshi, and 1 is against DK.

I have 1 each against Pika/Samus/Jiggs/Kirby.

So that's the main reason.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Ballin i cant view that falcon vid on my iPhone, and this happens alot.
What format is that vid?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Ballin i cant view that falcon vid on my iPhone, and this happens alot.
What format is that vid?
MPEG2.

I don't know if that's the best format to upload in, because the quality isn't great at some points. I don't know what would be good though since I'm uploading a video that splices together a bunch of different video types anyway for the clips.

If anyone has any advice on what format to upload in for better quality then let me know.

And wow I uploaded part2 but the audio got instantly taken down. Gonna have to redo the audio later. It's annoying because I see that someone else posted the song in its entirety on YouTube, with the lyrics and nothing else, but my audio gets taken down due to a 1 minute clip of the song ...

Dsc

Smash Ace
Well, in whatever program you're using to edit the vids, cant you just render the complete video as an AVI? Coz then i can watch ze epic ballin vids on iPhone

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Love the video.

Didn't like the Nair finisher at 1:02. I can see you maybe not wanting to do Fsmash (lol) but i dunno...Nair just doesn't seem coll too me.

Great work either way

You have some crazy applications for Bair man.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Well, in whatever program you're using to edit the vids, cant you just render the complete video as an AVI? Coz then i can watch ze epic ballin vids on iPhone
New video of part 2 with changed soundtrack that I'm uploading is an AVI. If it looks better I'll change the other parts to AVI as well.

The problem is that AVIs are way bigger. Like 5 times the size of an MPEG2, even with AVI compression.

Love the video.

Didn't like the Nair finisher at 1:02. I can see you maybe not wanting to do Fsmash (lol) but i dunno...Nair just doesn't seem coll too me.

Great work either way

You have some crazy applications for Bair man.
What should I have done besides nair? Fsmash doesn't work unless it's at slightly lower percent.

Or for a "better" finisher just watch this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_pybtqi_g

edit: nevermind audio got instantly disabled again

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
What should I have done besides nair? Fsmash doesn't work unless it's at slightly lower percent.

Or for a "better" finisher just watch this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_pybtqi_g

edit: nevermind audio got instantly disabled again

Your the combo guy, you tell me whats better? :p

All i mean was Nair doesn't seem "fluid" with the rest of the combo...

I know im wierd xD

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
That's a good combo vid, I haven't been able to watch the first one since it says it's not available for movil devices.

Top Bottom