• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ballin4life's YouTube Channel

SSBPete

Smash Lord
all your vids are great, i get so excited when you release new ones.
i especially like that fox on fox combo, definatelly one of my favorite combos ever.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
awesome fox ballin...however...that mario...

but i know darth is good with samus so it's all good. :)

also, how do you shine so fast? my shines are kinda slow. =/

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
yeah, a slow shine, i'm probably doing it wrong, i do a double jump then buffer it with a shine.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Double?

You're supposed to shorthop then press down b like immediatly after, so theres no jumping animation whatsoever. Then youll shine your way towards wisdom

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Or be born with an abnormally fat thumb like me and have half of it cover left c and the other half cover B :D

rpotts

Smash Lord
Slide your thumb from left c to b (while pressing down on the stick) for the fastest shines.
I use this method as well. It's nice because it's also applicable for short hop aerials, like marios SH dair uair. Slide you thumb from C-down to A whilst holding a direction/neutral for nair. The timing is the same for shine, though you don't have to short hop the shine cancel, so you can push it harder. I kind of clip the bottom left portion of C-down when doing shorthops, then slide to A. Thats the ingenious thing about something seemingly useless such as 4 C buttons. It's also why the 64 controller's buttons are better for smash than the gc troller's, imo. Proximity to other key buttons, like distance from A/B -> any C button versus A/B -> y/x, specifically the B placement, even more so if you use x to jump.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
So I was Falcon dittoing ballin the other day and I used upsmash more than I normally would have solely because in his commentary he talked about how effective it was against him

Watching game tapes for the win heh

The Star King

Smash Hero
Try baiting the upsmash and punishing the lag instead of getting hit everytime he uses it when you're close by >_>

He did it everytime to escape pressured situations, like if you were right next to him after he teched in place.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
The Fox vs Samus match UPs are lame. lol
Also you seemed to be just playing arround in those matches...
ggs

Sangoku

Smash Master
Both really fun and entertaining! Good job!
Like everybody else, I liked those ftilts in the first match ^^.
And your ness is **** too.

DMoogle

A$
For the videos with commentary, could you start uploading commentary-less versions? Maybe you could number them, like 123 and 123c (c for "with commentary).

I mean, it's awesome that you upload videos at all, it's just that most of the time I don't want to listen to commentary.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
For the videos with commentary, could you start uploading commentary-less versions? Maybe you could number them, like 123 and 123c (c for "with commentary).

I mean, it's awesome that you upload videos at all, it's just that most of the time I don't want to listen to commentary.
I mean, I have them in both formats on my computer, but uploading duplicate videos seems like it would get confusing.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^ yes.
It's better if you take people advices to see which one they chose with C or w/o C.

Top Bottom