• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bahamas smash scene thread

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Is every thing all right in the bahamas? things settled down in Jamaica since the dudus problem.

abcool

Smash Ace
Yeah. It's just gangs probably having revenge killings and so on. Nothing to serious, but robbery crimes went up by alot.

abcool

Smash Ace
Hows the tournament going?
Unfortunately, it got cancelled because scott house aka the venue. Isn't gonna be available, because i had already push it to happen sunday. Now i might just end the scene without it, but i gave everyone an option, either next week or never. I got 2 messages staying to try for next week and that isn't enough to be honest. I'll keep u guys updated still.

abcool

Smash Ace
Only 6 of us showed up, but we had a nice tourney. Check the OP for results. I am uploading the vids on the bahamas smash channel as is now.

abcool

Smash Ace
so harry still the best out of yall who there still. interesting.
We didn't get to finish, we were kicked out of the venue on the second set, 3rd match, so i declared him a winner, when it was an actual tie to be honest.

wunray

Smash Rookie
Hmmmmmmmmm wish i knew about this tourney......... oh im new and from the 242( even though nobody asked me that) anyways just lookin around for tourney's in the 242 just to lay down some butt kicking can any1 let me know if anymore are commin???

abcool

Smash Ace
Hmmmmmmmmm wish i knew about this tourney......... oh im new and from the 242( even though nobody asked me that) anyways just lookin around for tourney's in the 242 just to lay down some butt kicking can any1 let me know if anymore are commin???
Who told you about the smash scene and what game do u play? Melee or brawl

If you can invite friends, then a next tourney will be on the way. I was gonna have a all veterens tourney for my crew mates at my house, but umm, i can see to extend it.

abcool

Smash Ace
oh i forgot most of my family plays mele exept my friend who showed me this he is a brawler
I'll see what i can do for this weekend if you free, it won't be a tourney, but usually more smashers meet up. We can test to see how good your falco is

rikukanu

Smash Cadet
Who told you about the smash scene and what game do u play? Melee or brawl

If you can invite friends, then a next tourney will be on the way. I was gonna have a all veterens tourney for my crew mates at my house, but umm, i can see to extend it.
I told him about this place he thinks hes the best in melee so i showed him this place so he can play skilled people |: he plays melee and i play brawl and im just learning melee.... and im kinda a friend of Fresh

abcool

Smash Ace
I told him about this place he thinks hes the best in melee so i showed him this place so he can play skilled people |: he plays melee and i play brawl and im just learning melee.... and im kinda a friend of Fresh
Ahhm, you're the guy i talked with over the phone. Yeah, this is me Alex; like i said whenever you guys wanna meetup, just give me a shout. I only slowed down on melee because the scene wasn't getting anywhere, but if more ppl are interested, I have no problems. Make sure to get as many ppl into it as possible, so tourney attendance would be bigger and better.

Also, take a look around smashboards to help hone your skills in melee or brawl. This site is simply amazing when it comes to smash information and techniques.

rikukanu

Smash Cadet
Ahhm, you're the guy i talked with over the phone. Yeah, this is me Alex; like i said whenever you guys wanna meetup, just give me a shout. I only slowed down on melee because the scene wasn't getting anywhere, but if more ppl are interested, I have no problems. Make sure to get as many ppl into it as possible, so tourney attendance would be bigger and better.

Also, take a look around smashboards to help hone your skills in melee or brawl. This site is simply amazing when it comes to smash information and techniques.
Yeah i am, and friday fresh can prob drive me to your hosue ot buy the melee and maybe wunray will come to if its ok with him

abcool

Smash Ace
Yeah i am, and friday fresh can prob drive me to your hosue ot buy the melee and maybe wunray will come to if its ok with him
Now to ask some questions for you guys. Do you know the advanced techniques? Do you know about wavedashing and L-Canceling? If you guys got a copy of melee and need to train and prepare to meetup let me know.

2)Do you guys know about the legal stages to play on? Just let me know. Also items are off in competitive play.

wunray

Smash Rookie
i know wave dashing but not L-canceling :s and i do need time to repare for the meet up

and since im new to the tourney scene i dont have a good idea about the legal stages unless u mean nutral stages then ya

rikukanu

Smash Cadet
yeah i know about advance tech in brawl and melee i can do the advance stuff in brawl but not melee never tried in melee and yeah i know about the stages

abcool

Smash Ace
yeah i know about advance tech in brawl and melee i can do the advance stuff in brawl but not melee never tried in melee and yeah i know about the stages
Ok guys i will explain something to you all in detail about smash and communities. Brawl and Melee are not the same game. Even though they carry the title smash bros, they aren't played by the same ppl. The difference in physics was enough to rip the community in half. I am the half that supports melee and anthing melee related (Project M) As for brawl...i am sorry, but the community died awhile ago. Anyone that plays it only plays it for casual fun.

Question would be *Why is brawl and melee so different*? The answer to the is like i stated "The games physics" Melee had alot of hidden techniques, which required alot more practice and button input to execute, but it made the game faster pace and alot more offensive. The creator sakurai knew of melee's advanced tech and decided that he hated the split between casuals and competitive players and thus took out alot of options players were used to for so many yrs, so players either adjusted to brawl's defensive play or continued with melee's depth of equal offense and defense, not to mention alot more entertaining matches. (To watch)

Information for melee players. Here is a tutorial you can use to pratice and hone your skills, depending on your main, you'll either be using all of these or some of these techniques. It'll be hard, but please don't give up. I am only back on the scene, because you guys look promising, but if i see any bit of doubt. I will put the smash scene behind me again.(Only Tournament Organizer in the bahamas) if you are serious about getting better and being apart of the scene you have to show me.

Click this link for the tutorial http://youtu.be/4n4s5yB7ZkE

rikukanu

Smash Cadet
yeah i knew those stuff i read that at the site i play brawl on its called All is brawl but i got tired of the lag and wanted ot try melee now i know there are people in the bahamas to play i realy wana get good at it and play skilled people i put so many hours in brawl and all other competitive games i had that had wi-fi (pokemon digimon and other games) so i look forward to mastering melee liek i did brawl i try to bed the best at everygame i play so melee will be the next game i become the best in, in the bahams so i wont quit :D

abcool

Smash Ace
yeah i knew those stuff i read that at the site i play brawl on its called All is brawl but i got tired of the lag and wanted ot try melee now i know there are people in the bahamas to play i realy wana get good at it and play skilled people i put so many hours in brawl and all other competitive games i had that had wi-fi (pokemon digimon and other games) so i look forward to mastering melee liek i did brawl i try to bed the best at everygame i play so melee will be the next game i become the best in, in the bahams so i wont quit :D
Ohh, so you are knowledgable about alot of things. Aight, that is the spirit once i know you guys have the fighting spirit. I know some good brawl players, but they quit so long ago, i wouldn't count them as amazing anymore. Scott(The guy we play by) is willing to meetup on saturday. Are you guys interested in coming? We play melee singles and doubles, so bring ya crew. That way we can have a crew battle.

rikukanu

Smash Cadet
crew? ugh i dont have a crew im just a solo smasher cuz i didn;t know there was people in the bahamas who play smash but im sure me and wunray can team up and maybe his brothers can come as well....we have graduation exams next week so wunray might not be able to come so it might just be me |: and if he is able to come what time should we be there?

abcool

Smash Ace
crew? ugh i dont have a crew im just a solo smasher cuz i didn;t know there was people in the bahamas who play smash but im sure me and wunray can team up and maybe his brothers can come as well....we have graduation exams next week so wunray might not be able to come so it might just be me |: and if he is able to come what time should we be there?
We usually head by scott around 1. Umm, i think i need to add u guys on facebook or msn; send me a private message. Click my profile and u can hit me up with ya email there. Also, other smashers wanted to know how old each of u are...

wunray

Smash Rookie
Srry guys but i wont be able to go cause of exams i did watch the vid though and im like having alittle trouble doing wavedashing for falco......... oh did u know edge hogging can be counterd easily? (with ro anyways)

abcool

Smash Ace
Srry guys but i wont be able to go cause of exams i did watch the vid though and im like having alittle trouble doing wavedashing for falco......... oh did u know edge hogging can be counterd easily? (with ro anyways)
Edgehogging can not be countered because it is situational, just like all the rest of the advanced tech, save a few. Also, wavedashing with falco is hard because you have to learn when u can airdodge after you jump, so make sure you are in your first frames of your jump animation before you u airdodge. I am telling you guys, if you play us as you are, you'll be really upset at the results. Aight, most of us are over 18, so that is nice everyone is pretty mature, save the laughs we have and stupid jokes we make.

I'm about to add you now.

Add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/profile.php?id=714875256

wunray

Smash Rookie
Edgehogging can not be countered because it is situational, just like all the rest of the advanced tech, save a few. Also, wavedashing with falco is hard because you have to learn when u can airdodge after you jump, so make sure you are in your first frames of your jump animation before you u airdodge. I am telling you guys, if you play us as you are, you'll be really upset at the results. Aight, most of us are over 18, so that is nice everyone is pretty mature, save the laughs we have and stupid jokes we make.

I'm about to add you now.

Add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/profile.php?id=714875256
well what i saw on the vid which u gave edge hogging looks like it could be countered it must have been the way he was doing it, but what im worried about is falco's slowness even though my newly mastered L-Canceling will help it but im worried about that graple straight out of wavedash i hate that........

abcool

Smash Ace
ah ok then i need to buy the melee from you fast then cant have wunray past me...which we wont do 8)
Funny story about that. I had 3 copies of melee and i sold 2 of them and well the only one i have left is mines. I am sorry, but my friend begged me to sell it to him, even though i was saving it to sell to you. You may have to buy one from games and things for a higher price. I am out of melee discs now.

@ Wunray the vid i sent you was explaining the uses of edgehogging and the amount of frames you have that you are invincible on the ledge, which means no one can touch you during those frames. Edgehogging is situational, meaning you need to use it at a precise moment for it to be useful, but trust me, it's better to ledgehog than to let opponents back on stage. Also, you can do anything out of a wavedash, not just grab. You can attack,shield,roll,jump, dash,walk..anything. When you are done with those advance tech i'll send u tutorials, but you need to master part 1,2, and 3 of the advanced how to play steps first.

Also, i am gonna take a wild guess and say both you guys play falco. Listen to me, falco is NOT slow, he is like 2 best on the melee tier list, so trust me falco is everything BUT slow. Here is a vid of a high level falco just for you guys to understand his potential

http://youtu.be/U2WOwI7U2mk This is an international tourney in the states called Pound, this is the 5 event.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
haha I like the spirit.

when/if you guys play alex (abcool), don't let it discourage you. He's been playing for years and has a lot of practice, you can also get there eventually if you stick with it.

Top Bottom