• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bahamas smash scene thread

abcool

Smash Ace
Das a wibe. Well now when u see we don't do ntn for weeks on end this is the reason why. It's also a power rank tourney. The reason i push so hard for ppl to show up is because i know stuff like this don't happen often, but i guess that family function super important so aight. The tourney monday maybe bigger, all those that can't make it will have to drop until the next ranking. Which may or maynot be in march.

Happy holidays bahamas!!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
its whatever, i may or may not be able to dip out later and drop by but i doubt it.

good luck with it.

abcool

Smash Ace
its whatever, i may or may not be able to dip out later and drop by but i doubt it.

good luck with it.
If you can make it. I een saying it ga happen, but if u do. The doubles will be ran first. So if u come for like 3-4 it may be possible to fit you in. Once the new smashers like the tourney and wanna get into smash is the real goal though. That way we won't have to worry about not getting better and stuff because of lack of a scene.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
exactly. Ine too worried about the rankings and all that, thats just extra incentive.

i just hope the new guys like it and get interested in learning and stuff.

abcool

Smash Ace
New power ranking in the original post. I don't judge by who i think it is, only by results, if u think it is unfair, make an effort to show up to tourneys, no johns!! As for new players, we'll have to wait, but u can see a new name. I'll remove the old list by the end of the week, so please review it one more time.

I am not being mean, but tourneys take time and planning and should not be treated like something u can disregard. Please try and make an effort next time. Also no vids were recorded, am sorry, but waiting and randomness force a new bracket late noticed. All those that made it thank you very much and i appreciate it all. Shouts out to my crew for never letting me down and being there through thick and thin. Much love for ya'll

Rudra

Smash Ace
Congrats to Abcool on winning the tournament!
Also to Shin/Kye for making the top three. I'm gonna have to train harder it seems...but at least I have an idea of what I need to work on...

Also, Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
=3

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to Abcool on winning the tournament!
Also to Shin/Kye for making the top three. I'm gonna have to train harder it seems...but at least I have an idea of what I need to work on...

Also, Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
=3
U i thouagh you was going to win this, and also who did you team with, i was thingin about coming only to team with you buddy :) =D... who kicked you out? shin hun?

Rudra

Smash Ace
I teamed with Kye. It worked out pretty well actually. Ironically it was him and harry (the latter I sent to losers and lost to after dropping into that bracket) who knocked me out of the tournament.
:005:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
why am i in the Ranking if i didnt attend the tourny? and also, why 10th?
I certainly am not 10th best. I understand that I missed the tourny so i technically don't have "proof" of being better than anyone, but I'd rather just not be listed than have some arbitrary placing.

Don't take this the wrong way, this isn't meant to be a hateful message, just speaking my mind.

also congrats alex.

abcool

Smash Ace
why am i in the Ranking if i didnt attend the tourny? and also, why 10th?
I certainly am not 10th best. I understand that I missed the tourny so i technically don't have "proof" of being better than anyone, but I'd rather just not be listed than have some arbitrary placing.

Don't take this the wrong way, this isn't meant to be a hateful message, just speaking my mind.

also congrats alex.
Originally i was planning on removing everyone else, but no. I just placed all the ones that showed up and put everyone else under them. If i removed you, you'll be gone for the next 6months and it makes no sense, because you are still active. Only inactive players are removed for good.

Nothing was unfair to anyone, i am the only TO here, an everyone knew about it. 6 months later it'll be changed. Anyother questions?

roboid21

Smash Rookie
oookei doke here is my post. bookmarked this page so i'll always be updated with it

abcool

Smash Ace
oookei doke here is my post. bookmarked this page so i'll always be updated with it
I'll introduce you to everyone. This is Craig aka roboid. You main marth correct? If you need help i will link u to the marth boards and you can have discussion on that character. This is the bahamas board. Everything you need help with post here

roboid21

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone.
Yep i main marth and sheik. yea i could use some links. thanks

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Originally i was planning on removing everyone else, but no. I just placed all the ones that showed up and put everyone else under them. If i removed you, you'll be gone for the next 6months and it makes no sense, because you are still active. Only inactive players are removed for good.

Nothing was unfair to anyone, i am the only TO here, an everyone knew about it. 6 months later it'll be changed. Anyother questions?
why not just list the people who were at the tourny, and everyone else place in another list like "other active players" or "non ranked" or something?

i dont know, it just seems silly to have "ranking" list that isnt really faithful due to the fact that well...half the list cant be ranked for various reasons lol.

abcool

Smash Ace
why not just list the people who were at the tourny, and everyone else place in another list like "other active players" or "non ranked" or something?

i dont know, it just seems silly to have "ranking" list that isnt really faithful due to the fact that well...half the list cant be ranked for various reasons lol.
Let me see, you're suggesting i remove you from the list and just not inculde you an some of the players from the bahamas? Aight.

Anyone else? I am not gonna be around for smash forever and no one is gonna pick up the slack, so take the time to show up to events. Those that need the training for tournaments, you are going off and need the experience, therefore you are spending alot of money just to lose and say u played pros. This is more important to you than to me. Next time make the effort. Jpobs has canada, so he doesn't count...what about everyone else? Exactly.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Im not gonna be in canada forever, and I was just saying that if we're going to bother to have a rankings list it should atleast be as taylored to the result we have, and not just include people (like me+kel) in random places just for the sake of having us listed.

And its not just spending money "just to lose and say you played pros". If you really love the game enough to travel to a tourny, then going to tournaments isnt about worrying about losing and playing pros.
Its about the fun, experience, and friendships you make along the way. Yea I understand that smash isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, but money isn't everything either. If anyone is worried about spending a lot of money and not seeing results then smash isn't for them to start with. But don't tell people who WANT to invest time+money to go to a american tourny that they are "just going to lose and say you played pros".

abcool

Smash Ace
Im not gonna be in canada forever, and I was just saying that if we're going to bother to have a rankings list it should atleast be as taylored to the result we have, and not just include people (like me+kel) in random places just for the sake of having us listed.

And its not just spending money "just to lose and say you played pros". If you really love the game enough to travel to a tourny, then going to tournaments isnt about worrying about losing and playing pros.
Its about the fun, experience, and friendships you make along the way. Yea I understand that smash isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, but money isn't everything either. If anyone is worried about spending a lot of money and not seeing results then smash isn't for them to start with. But don't tell people who WANT to invest time+money to go to a american tourny that they are "just going to lose and say you played pros".
This is how i did it. I didn't place anyone randomly. Those that showed up where placed accordingly. Ex. You were first and kel was i think 3rd. You nor him showed up. So you were placed under everyone that participated and so on. Now u get it? No was was randomly placed anywhere.

Secondly, if the tourney or playing is so IMPORTANT, why not make the time to show up?! I was actually holding this to benefit those traveling. I understand the exp and so on, but i don't believe in the friendship stuff unless, you see ppl on the constant, but that is just me i don't trust no one. That's my opinion, but as a person that worked for himself and made money, it's your hardwork and money do as u wish.

Another thing is i made the power ranking because Shin asked me awhile ago to make one. I just as of late did it to keep the board active and alive. Removing ppl for the sake of them not showing up once is not the plan. You miss 2 tourneys you are removed, you missed one and u are dropped in the rank. That is how i have it setup, but hey we can remove the whole thing. Doesn't matter to me much anymore.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman

damn son you said, i was saying this **** like all year, dasy feels the same way, thats why i wont miss P5... also just take the people off the List who wasnt there so take me off an list the people who were there an dont be a d*ck about it dude, its nothing really, i always haven fun playing melee :)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
This is how i did it. I didn't place anyone randomly. Those that showed up where placed accordingly. Ex. You were first and kel was i think 3rd. You nor him showed up. So you were placed under everyone that participated and so on. Now u get it? No was was randomly placed anywhere.

Secondly, if the tourney or playing is so IMPORTANT, why not make the time to show up?! I was actually holding this to benefit those traveling. I understand the exp and so on, but i don't believe in the friendship stuff unless, you see ppl on the constant, but that is just me i don't trust no one. That's my opinion, but as a person that worked for himself and made money, it's your hardwork and money do as u wish.

Another thing is i made the power ranking because Shin asked me awhile ago to make one. I just as of late did it to keep the board active and alive. Removing ppl for the sake of them not showing up once is not the plan. You miss 2 tourneys you are removed, you missed one and u are dropped in the rank. That is how i have it setup, but hey we can remove the whole thing. Doesn't matter to me much anymore.
I understand how you decided to rank the list, I just disagree with it. Isn't the whole point of a power ranking to list the players in order of skill? It therefore doesnt make any sense to put me and kel at 10th and 11th, we didnt suddenly drop 10 places in skill because we missed one tournament. Which is why I was saying to simply remove us, having a list thats flat out inaccurate doesn't seem useful to me. If you want, you could make a list based on both the tourny results combined with speculation/discussion on how to order people. Hell, we could even do it as a group in this thread, its not like we have anything better to do, and it would be a nice activity to keep the board active.

Second, we both already know why i didnt show up. its not like i just blew it off, I had other obligations. unfortunate but it happens.
if you don't believe in making friends through this game thats fine. i've made tons through playing melee. including you all.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yeah u can definitely meet friends through smash ive met loads of people because of fighting games and jus games in general and a few are my best friends now

anyways ive been reading the convo and i agree with jpobs. he isnt the 10th best player he is the 1st so putting him at 10 just because he didnt go to the tournament makes the list inaccurate as far as power rankings go

an idea is to make each tourney placing have points so like 1st place is 10 points 2nd is 7 or w/e u want and then rank the players based on their points. if they miss 1 tournament they dont get any points so they drop on the list.

abcool

Smash Ace
Notice i removed you guys from the list. I'll just wait another 6 months to change it. End of discussion. Moving on. New players need help and will post in this thread. It's now the help thread.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i jus tbeen busy all week between xmas stuff and babysitting and stuff

sunday might be possible if u guys are down.

roboid21

Smash Rookie
once COB opens i need to hunt for more smashers and try to get a community together hopefully

Rudra

Smash Ace
Where would one even begin to look there? Unless you've got a lot of connections to others who can ask their friends or know of any gaming clubs about the place it'd be pretty difficult to find people who are interested.... =/
:157:

abcool

Smash Ace
Where would one even begin to look there? Unless you've got a lot of connections to others who can ask their friends or know of any gaming clubs about the place it'd be pretty difficult to find people who are interested.... =/
:157:
At this point we can't question his motives. We'll just have to see how it works out. We are kinda limited with options to reaching ppl

JPOBS

Smash Hero
school is one of the best ways to find people =/

just see if theres a gaming club or something

JPOBS

Smash Hero
sorry i wasn't able to play guys, i was really busy all week and was only here for a very short period of time. i wanted to come to sunday but i had a family lunch/dinner.

anyway, i really wish I could have played, from the videos everyone looks like they got a way better. good ****

if anyone wants advice/critique, i'll give some. so if ayone is interested i'll mention a couple things i noticed

abcool

Smash Ace
Post them on the vids. It's why we got the vids up. Looks like we won't be seeing u for another holiday.

abcool

Smash Ace
Time to check original post. Doubles awards. if anyone else is interested in being ranked for teams let me know

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
ShounenKel(MVTP) - He is being awarded for being the most supportive doubles partner in Tournament and out.

His character is Peach. Unique offensive style and smooth turnip game. Also a mad cool guy. He'll be here until the ranking changes. Congrats Kel. Keep on Smashing.... yeah boy :) thanks guys

Top Bottom