• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Im back at least until i get distracted again with other interesting programs.
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros yes I'd love to see them!
Here they are:
Walk:

Run:

Jump:

Running jump:

All 15-20FPS. Didn't bother doing gifs for slow and medium walking speed because animations aren't done here and he barely moves. Running animation is still old one, but i'll keep its speed if i'll replace it. Maybe i should have used normal stage, but its easier to record stuff like this.
So with the K. Rool release, will you be adding a BrawlEx soundbank?
Probably.
Real talk, how much does K.rools belly move when attacking?
It doesn't.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration

Here they are:
Walk:

Run:

Jump:

Running jump:

All 15-20FPS. Didn't bother doing gifs for slow and medium walking speed because animations aren't done here and he barely moves. Running animation is still old one, but i'll keep its speed if i'll replace it. Maybe i should have used normal stage, but its easier to record stuff like this.

Probably.

It doesn't.
Wat? No Belly physics? But why?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Here they are:
Walk:

Run:

Jump:

Running jump:

Probably.

It doesn't.
I love his beefs, and that jump looks beautiful, but it seems like his walking isn't very smooth... Most characters, when they walk, don't slow or stop at each individual step, even Bowser. Ridley also has this, but I thought that was just because you encouraged air-combat.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
how he lands when he jumps looks like ridleys aerial down b, it probably doesnt last as long though right

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I love his beefs, and that jump looks beautiful, but it seems like his walking isn't very smooth... Most characters, when they walk, don't slow or stop at each individual step, even Bowser. Ridley also has this, but I thought that was just because you encouraged air-combat.
Bowser stops for 6-7 frames on each step:
Animation0.gif

BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Looking great! Where'd you get the black stage from?
Edited WarioWare to have only one model (some sprite from the background) and walk-off ledges. Something like this might be on Brawl Vault.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Bowser stops for 6-7 frames on each step:
View attachment 96375

Edited WarioWare to have only one model (some sprite from the background) and walk-off ledges. Something like this might be on Brawl Vault.
It never feels that way in-game for Bowser though, which is the most important: it's a continuous fluid motion. When he takes a step, his weight keeps going forward, while, compared to the K. Rool animation, our great king stops after each step, almost reversing at the end. You can even see it in the camera.
It could just be me though, I haven't heard anyone else say this, so it's possible that I've lost my sanity. I've always struggled with Ridley for that reason though.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
It never feels that way in-game for Bowser though, which is the most important: it's a continuous fluid motion. When he takes a step, his weight keeps going forward, while, compared to the K. Rool animation, our great king stops after each step, almost reversing at the end. You can even see it in the camera.
It could just be me though, I haven't heard anyone else say this, so it's possible that I've lost my sanity. I've always struggled with Ridley for that reason though.
Yeah I feel like his walk cycle is a gif that's like super choppy. It needs to have some more... fluidity? Is that a word?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
If the walk animation were to ever change; then it would have to be K. Rool's waddle from DK64.

The run looks fantastic. I definitely reminds me of K. Rool's running animation from DKC1.

The jump looks great as well. Good work Bagan, especially with a custom model.

Last edited:

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally liking the walk animation. He's kind of a big, slow guy so I feel it fits him well. Reminds me of Bowser in SSE (tried to find a gif but no dice). It's walking with power which makes you think "This guy is a heavy powerhouse, better keep my distance."

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Just seeing this whole thing for the first time right now, great animations... Though I don't like the model. The snout/mouth looks off, like it's sewn shut with teeth poking out. Would've preferred that area of him to be based on the PAON model.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I wouldn't really judge it by a gif thats like less than 20FPS in terms of framerate. He does stops, but it fits such heavy guy and unlike Bowser, he isn't hunched over. He doesn't looks like someone who knows what "workout" is either, even with such arms.
If the walk animation were to ever change; then it would have to be K. Rool's waddle from DK64.

The run looks fantastic. I definitely reminds me of K. Rool's running animation from DKC1.

The jump looks great as well. Good work Bagan, especially with a custom model.
I'll make sure that waddle is present when i'll get to slow and medium walking animations (they really need to be changed).
"This guy is a heavy powerhouse, better keep my distance."
ScreenCapture129.png

Just seeing this whole thing for the first time right now, great animations... Though I don't like the model. The snout/mouth looks off, like it's sewn shut with teeth poking out. Would've preferred that area of him to be based on the PAON model.
...I don't see it, but its better to have him with original design because @Marioking64DS's K. Rool uses PAON design.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't really judge it by a gif thats like less than 20FPS in terms of framerate. He does stops, but it fits such heavy guy and unlike Bowser, he isn't hunched over. He doesn't looks like someone who knows what "workout" is either, even with such arms.

I'll make sure that waddle is present when i'll get to slow and medium walking animations (they really need to be changed).

View attachment 96435

...I don't see it, but its better to have him with original design because @Marioking64DS's K. Rool uses PAON design.
Lol that picture is gold... Like that model too. The bloodshot eye is spot on.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Played with Ridley for the first time last night as I was choosing which PSAs will got in my PM/BEX build! He's great!

Weird though, he is REALLY difficult to wave dash with for some reason. Anybody have any guesses as to why? I have trouble wave dashing with Samus too sometimes so maybe it's his floatiness?

really loving the progress keep it up! :)

the more the merrier is the way i see it!
2 k.rools one rare and one paon so k.rool fans who prefer his old or new look get the best of both worlds.

i personally prefer your k.rool to marioking's k.rool (because i prefer his original RARE design).

the only minor nitpick i can point out on your k.rool is the long kraid like monster fingers other than that yours is perfect!

as for marioking's k.rool....the body is spot on and is perfect in that regard it,the fingers are more natural and akin to his dk 64 appearance and i actually like it alot...there is nothing wrong with the body, but the head and face look off...i cant put my finger on it but it just doesnt look right.

but i cant complain because im glad that King K.Rool is getting these mods in the first place and i am gratefull for all the hard work that you and marioking have put into them and cant wait to see them in action :)

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Played with Ridley for the first time last night as I was choosing which PSAs will got in my PM/BEX build! He's great!

Weird though, he is REALLY difficult to wave dash with for some reason. Anybody have any guesses as to why? I have trouble wave dashing with Samus too sometimes so maybe it's his floatiness?
Ridley is not only floaty but he has a high friction which makes him stop really fast while he is on the ground.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's moonwalk needs to be buffed; I'm talking Falcon or Sonic's level. I need me some sliding Ridley's!

please

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
really loving the progress keep it up! :)

the more the merrier is the way i see it!
2 k.rools one rare and one paon so k.rool fans who prefer his old or new look get the best of both worlds.

i personally prefer your k.rool to marioking's k.rool (because i prefer his original RARE design).

the only minor nitpick i can point out on your k.rool is the long kraid like monster fingers other than that yours is perfect!

as for marioking's k.rool....the body is spot on and is perfect in that regard it,the fingers are more natural and akin to his dk 64 appearance and i actually like it alot...there is nothing wrong with the body, but the head and face look off...i cant put my finger on it but it just doesnt look right.

but i cant complain because im glad that King K.Rool is getting these mods in the first place and i am gratefull for all the hard work that you and marioking have put into them and cant wait to see them in action :)
That and his K. Rool will have different moveset and probably better animations.
Ridley's moonwalk needs to be buffed; I'm talking Falcon or Sonic's level. I need me some sliding Ridley's!

please
Then he'll be able to moonwalk like Michael Jackson in next update.
Shamone!
Did you make a GnW animation for KRool?
A what?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Can you remind me whether all of the standard or special moves have been decided for K. Rool, and what they are? I remember the swipe for F-Tilt, the bite for D-Tilt, the punch for U-Tilt, and the slamming F-Smash.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Can you remind me whether all of the standard or special moves have been decided for K. Rool, and what they are? I remember the swipe for F-Tilt, the bite for D-Tilt, the punch for U-Tilt, and the slamming F-Smash.
side b is crown toss, up b has to be the jetpack, blunder buss is neutral b and the down b i think is a shocking move (im pretty sure thats what they are)

Last edited:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Just wanted to say that this is beyond awesome, Bagan. I really loved your Ridley mod, and I'm super excited to see K. Rool being made. I would donate to this **** if I could.

I can't wait to see the finished product! Godspeed, dude.

Also, because I'm curious, what voice will you be using for K. Rool? 64 voice would be perfect to use, but if you have another in mind, that's cool too.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Just wanted to say that this is beyond awesome, Bagan. I really loved your Ridley mod, and I'm super excited to see K. Rool being made. I would donate to this **** if I could.

I can't wait to see the finished product! Godspeed, dude.
(Off Topic) Thanks for the Spoiler. :\

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Yea, I know, I just never saw it.
Back to the Topic, Is Metal Face's SFX Suitable for BrawlEx? (SFX over a Boss) or is his SFX over R.O.B's

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I know, I just never saw it.
Back to the Topic, Is Metal Face's SFX Suitable for BrawlEx? (SFX over a Boss) or is his SFX over R.O.B's
His sfx are over ROB, and even if they were over a boss (which I'm planning to TRY to do at some point), there is no ROB rel file.

Top Bottom