• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Ridley 2.1 looks the same as Ridley 2.2 but his moveset and animations are a bit more polished than 2.1's. However Ridley 2.2's development is on hold right now which is why the beta of 2.2 is publicly available.

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
Metal Face has a complete moveset. He has alternate colors and portraits as well. He just needs item animations, misc animations (like swimming and stuff), and taunts. He need two more victory animations. Probably some balancing as well.

Source: I test him right now. Here he is with Ridley 2.2.
We are truly in the golden age of brawl character mods.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Seen a fair share of less-than-pleasing character mods, but these are definitely some high-quality works. Can't wait!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Bagan's time is likely being eaten up by school, just like the rest of the team's time has been. We're trying to do what we can, but school comes before these mods for us, and so we're sort of putting our mods on the backburner for now; we're still working on them, don't worry.

But expect big things to start happening once we get to summer vacation. We might be able to get a bunch of stuff done during the March Break, too; but no promises there.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Bagan's time is likely being eaten up by school, just like the rest of the team's time has been. We're trying to do what we can, but school comes before these mods for us, and so we're sort of putting our mods on the backburner for now; we're still working on them, don't worry.

But expect big things to start happening once we get to summer vacation. We might be able to get a bunch of stuff done during the March Break, too; but no promises there.
Gosh darn you, education!

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
We're trying to do what we can, but school comes before these mods for us.
"I agree. Education always comes first."

is something I'd say if I had an actual work ethic. :(

Many things to look forward to in these upcoming months! Can't wait to play Metal Face on Mega-sized mode with Super Mushrooms. Maybe along with three other Metal Faces.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Its been a while...

Christmas, New Year's and Reality 64 have been eating up my time, but I've been chipping away at Donkey Kong Country. The show is utter garbage but I think I'm suffering from Stockholm Syndrome now, because I actually kind of like it.

K. Rool doesn't make all that many grunts and such(Because the animators were too lazy to animate any actual fighting), so you might need to cut up some of his sounds to get smaller soundbites for those actions.
Just make sure to quit when you start rewatching episodes on your own.

Im fine with that.
Just curious, where were the colour samples for K. Rool retrieved from? They don't seem to suit Brawl's visual style very much, though that may just be me... Art styles are hard, maaaan.
...i don't know. It should be easy to fix.
I don't mean to police, and I ask for forgiveness from either Bagan or Edwguard Flows if they don't mind, but it's a bit frustrating seeing this and some other threads updated with this indirect requesting.
I don't mind it as long as its not pointless.
Uh, Bagan... just thought of this. Is someone else making Shulk if you're making Metal Face? Seems kinda necessary lol
I don't think so, but since its possible to rip Sm4sh animations, it shouldn't be hard to do. Some Monado Arts would need to be changed though. At least he could get his frame data fixed this way and i could make a different version of Metal Face's moveset file to change his taunts to whatever he says when Shulk is present in the match in 4. Unless he is over Samus.
i personally think his dk 64 voice is the best one to use there is also plenty of sounds that he makes so thats a plus,also like the original grunt"ohg" he makes in dkc 1 for snes(but his paon and cartoon voices would be fine too :)...its really up to how you want him to sound.
I can make different soundbanks instead of deciding to use one speciffic voice, but that original grunt will be present in all of them.
Modding is in the legal gray area, but wait until TPP where modding is illegal due to circumventing digital locks (DRM) and "exposing trade secrets".

a Brawl Minus dev confirmed the whole team are more worried about that than Nintendo finding ways (if they actually care) to shutting down the modding/fangame community.
Yeah, that would suck. Why is TPP a thing again?
Metal Face has a complete moveset. He has alternate colors and portraits as well. He just needs item animations, misc animations (like swimming and stuff), and taunts. He need two more victory animations. Probably some balancing as well.

Source: I test him right now. Here he is with Ridley 2.2.
Correction: 2 more taunts. 1 is already done. Just needs to have few things fixed here and there.

I wonder how K. Rool is coming along.
No idea.But judging by how Bagan has been rather silent; I'm pretty sure he's doing some dedicated work on K. Rool.
He's...being worked on. Thats all i can really say. Im testing coding more than making animations and i've been busy with real work (didn't get paid for that, but still), so, only jab, dash attack and ftilt are really done. And im sure their animations need work.

This is dash attack. It can hit twice (when he jumps and when he lands), but knockback on first hit is too high for that to happen without use of super armor. Has knockback-based armor while he jumps. Meteor smashes on 2nd hit as seen on the image.
i dont know if i should put this in the ridley thread or this one but whatever, i can chaingrab ridley with dededes down throw to about 30% i think, it isnt that much of a problem but it might be with k.rool kraid and metal face because there supposed to be alot heavier. can you even fix this problem?
Not without changing attributes and chain grabbing is fine as long as it doesn't goes far enough to KO in one hit or beyond that.
New ridley looks nice! Release date for both of them??
None.
We are truly in the golden age of brawl character mods.
True.
I don't even know what to say...
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Any updates?
Yea, we haven't heard from bagan for sometime. I assume he's occupied with the other characters?

Wonder how he's doing

Had no internet as usual. Didn't really do much outside of what i mentioned above and its not because of school (i don't have to go there on January). I had real work for some time.

Hopefully we will get something done by that time.
Fixed that for you, bud.
Nothing to eat there.

Y'know, i made event match for Ridley to replace one with Pit and Dark Pit, so, should i do something like this with ROB/Metal Face, Toon Link/K. Rool and Lucas/Kraid? Like have mini-Ike, mini-Marth, mini-Captain Falcon VS giant Metal Face on some really big stage or DK and Diddy Kong with 1 stock each vs K. Rools with 5 stocks?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
A Brawl- dev made a code that allows one to change the attributes of a character in the middle of a match through the use of new PSA events, so all the Monado modes should be possible to make.

KJP has a thread in forums.kc-mm about this matter.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
A Brawl- dev made a code that allows one to change the attributes of a character in the middle of a match through the use of new PSA events, so all the Monado modes should be possible to make.

KJP has a thread in forums.kc-mm about this matter.
Now thats interesting. After looking at it, it's not something i'd like to touch, but now i really want to see a proper SSB4 Shulk PSA. FS will be a problem though.

...Maybe one day, article porting will be possible too.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Now thats interesting. After looking at it, it's not something i'd like to touch, but now i really want to see a proper SSB4 Shulk PSA. FS will be a problem though.

...Maybe one day, article porting will be possible too.
I'm sure that Shulk's FS would be modified from Captain Falcons Final Smash because of the similar execution and just make it do multi-hit damage once ensnared. (Although I have no clue if that's actually possible since I've never attempted something like character modding in Brawl, let alone make a decent character model that looks like it would actually belong in the game.)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm sure that Shulk's FS would be modified from Captain Falcons Final Smash because of the similar execution and just make it do multi-hit damage once ensnared. (Although I have no clue if that's actually possible since I've never attempted something like character modding in Brawl, let alone make a decent character model that looks like it would actually belong in the game.)
You can't just port Final Smashes, with or without changes. Then again, he can be made over Captain Falcon, solving that problem.
...but enough about that.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
that dash attack looks nice, also i have a trophy description for dr. phil if anyone needs it

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Yeah, that would suck. Why is TPP a thing again?
clearly not to empower the corporate interests (it doesn't) and f**king over the public, govt, and smaller countries. also the "china takeover" boogeyman/fear-monger. God, i really hate this.

also, Bagan, check my post right here

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
clearly not to empower the corporate interests (it doesn't) and f**king over the public, govt, and smaller countries. also the "china takeover" boogeyman/fear-monger. God, i really hate this.

that link is dead

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

...totally not that.

I read it and here's a problem - i don't know how big Shulk or Corn Corrin in the House is. Is there a size comparison for them or at least for muhnado boi?
that link is dead
Its not. Its just that its a social group or whatever its called.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i should have said this like three weeks ago but the back air as a kick like dks could work, just make his leg grow or something
if wario can use his finger as an attack, k.rool should be able to use his leg

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
i should have said this like three weeks ago but the back air as a kick like dks could work, just make his leg grow or something
That would require making his legs a lot bigger than they usually are. That would be weird when most of the time, they are a lot smaller than anything else. Wario is just weird in general (for example, his head grows during his Up Smash and its not even for few frames like with others).

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That would require making his legs a lot bigger than they usually are. That would be weird when most of the time, they are a lot smaller than anything else. Wario is just weird in general (for example, his head grows during his Up Smash and its not even for few frames like with others).
USE HIS BIG BUTT

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
tumblr_mcina1UvrU1qarvch.jpg

This is where I would say that K. Rool should use his tail.
hqdefault.jpg

IF HE HAD ONE

latinking

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea for K.Rool's Back Air attack
KAPTAIN.png

What if he pulls out his Blunderbuss, positions it behind his back to shoot a close-range burst of flames? And throughout the attack's animation, K. Rool would have a similar pose to the image above, while staring at the screen as well.

Or this idea could be used for something else.

Top Bottom