• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Not to my knowledge; Bagan's been pretty hush on Kraid, likely because we're focusing on K.Rool and Metal Face ATM, with Bagan helping me along with Tyrantrum on the side.

Ganon likely won't start development untill one of the others are at least out into the public world for use. That said...I'd be up for testing the porcine once that time comes.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Not to my knowledge; Bagan's been pretty hush on Kraid, likely because we're focusing on K.Rool and Metal Face ATM, with Bagan helping me along with Tyrantrum on the side.

Ganon likely won't start development untill one of the others are at least out into the public world for use. That said...I'd be up for testing the porcine once that time comes.
I'd test too! Always willing to help :)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ganon sounds fun. I'd love to test him when the time comes.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since you like to make heavy characters would you ever consider Petey Pirhana or would he be like King boo, boring to animate?
No because what would he even do?

And yeah, no requests or suggestions, people. I do what needs to be done + Kraid (he really needs some love after his last appearance in 2005) and Metal Face (why not?).
I'm excited to hear that Bagan is considering Ganon as his next project. I should say that he really shouldn't overwhelm himself too much though. More heavies always makes me happy, but don't go juggling things and adding more as you go along, or you'll get nothing done in the end.
I won't start working on that guy until current projects are done. I know when i need to stop.
Not talking about you, but lots of other peoples were requesting lots of characters... I'm all for Ganon, but I agree with Raxxel Raxxel that focus should stay on K. Rool and the elusive Kraid. In related news, have you recieved the Kraid model yet?
No. Still waiting.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
You people are all silly. Asking about these characters knowing Bagan has work to do.

I'm here to ask a real question:

When's Bagan gonna do his first Five Nights at Freddy's PSA?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You people are all silly. Asking about these characters knowing Bagan has work to do.

I'm here to ask a real question:

When's Bagan gonna do his first Five Nights at Freddy's PSA?
Bagan! When are you going to make Brash the Bear!!!

F*** that. FNAFb's cast + Chipper (without sons) as the stage. Project M needs someone who is actually gud.
(•_• )
( •_•)>⌐□-□
(⌐□_□)

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Bagan, how may one make it so that Ridley's sfx file is not sawnd10? With BrawlEX + PM being released recently, it's now possible to have Pit and Ridley together. However, with them sharing the same audio file, well... It's a problem, to say the least. Let's just say that Ridley sounds like he hasn't hit puberty yet.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Bagan, how may one make it so that Ridley's sfx file is not sawnd10? With BrawlEX + PM being released recently, it's now possible to have Pit and Ridley together. However, with them sharing the same audio file, well... It's a problem, to say the least. Let's just say that Ridley sounds like he hasn't hit puberty yet.
ds22 made a ported version of Ridley with his own soundbank. However, this port has gfx conflicts with a certain leaked FE character, but that doesn't bother me. I may edit it to use a different GFX bank eventually though. Anyway, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6yqpspzuwnt9j1/Ridley_SFX_Port_V1.1.zip?dl=0

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I believe he has said that cartoon references will be kept to a minimum, partly because of the shoddy sound quality and partly because the games should take priority.

The one exception I hope he makes is to have a taunt or victory pose where K. Rool bounces around in circles, as in the infamous "One of Us" video.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I believe he has said that cartoon references will be kept to a minimum, partly because of the shoddy sound quality and partly because the games should take priority.

The one exception I hope he makes is to have a taunt or victory pose where K. Rool bounces around in circles, as in the infamous "One of Us" video.

100% agree

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Some other villains that I would recommend: King Boo from Luigi's Mansion, Black Shadow from F-zero, and Porky from Earthbound
not to get off toic again, but why is Black Shadow even a thing being worked on? Why not just give hiM Ganon's Brawl moveset, and then Relave old ganon with BronzeGreekGod's Ganon? #EverySmashCharacterUnique #Clonesthatactuallymakesense

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
not to get off toic again, but why is Black Shadow even a thing being worked on? Why not just give hiM Ganon's Brawl moveset, and then Relave old ganon with BronzeGreekGod's Ganon? #EverySmashCharacterUnique #Clonesthatactuallymakesense
That would be kinda stupid, Black Shadow is from a RACING game so he has no Dark Powers like Ganondorf. MK64DS and his team is working on a LEGIT Moveset for Black Shadow, Not a Clone that isn't even Canon.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Nah, original movesets are better anyway. It's being worked on because someone wanted to work on it.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
That would be kinda stupid, Black Shadow is from a RACING game so he has no Dark Powers like Ganondorf. MK64DS and his team is working on a LEGIT Moveset for Black Shadow, Not a Clone that isn't even Canon.
wouldn't hurt to take a couple of notes from the anime at least

also, Black Shadow does use Dark Magic if you read his bio.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
wouldn't hurt to take a couple of notes from the anime at least

also, Black Shadow does use Dark Magic if you read his bio.
Well what HypnotizeOverdrive said, I agree with. I never actually watched the Anime to begin with sorry if I did cause any trouble

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
i was more so saying that Black shadow with ganon's moveset makes more sense than ganon's smash moveset. As far as origina, what material can you work off of? Falcon's moveset is 95% made up. Basically what I was saying is that BS's moveset fits the dark (black) shadow (evil) type feel, while still being slightly different than falcon. It makes the most sense to me, but I digress.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
As far as origina, what material can you work off of? Falcon's moveset is 95% made up.
Exactly. It's original. You don't need material to make something up for Black Shadow, you can make an original moveset.

In your case, since you want him to have Ganon's, there's little stopping you from getting a model and fixing it to work with the moveset.

If you don't want the one that's being made, it's okay! You don't have to download it, but it won't stop the developer from working on it.

Now lemme drop this before it becomes a discussion about a project unrelated to Bagan's work.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
:O
I've never seen Bagan so angry-savage.

I LOVE IT. Get mad more often!
What that even means?

This is mentioned so many times that i must add it somehow.
I'm not gonna lie, I like that two different K. Rool projects are going on right now, its so freaking exciting!

https://twitter.com/Marioking64DS/status/701681786200305664
Yeah, if you won't like one version, then you can try the other version.
...but i still wish i wasn't so impatient.

Finally found right GFX for Down Smash. It works in a weird way though - most characters are launched at 45* while Charizard (and possibly few others) stay on the ground until its enough to KO him.
00000000-119.png

...Chill, dude.

Rage83

Smash Ace
What that even means?

This is mentioned so many times that i must add it somehow.

Yeah, if you won't like one version, then you can try the other version.
...but i still wish i wasn't so impatient.

Finally found right GFX for Down Smash. It works in a weird way though - most characters are launched at 45* while Charizard (and possibly few others) stay on the ground until its enough to KO him.
View attachment 98240
...Chill, dude.
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros That's unfortunately because of the way Brawl/PM handles actual freezing hitboxes(weight dependent IIRC). If you want it to launch in a consistent way, you'd have to use the PM Ice Climbers solution. Freeze GFX, no freezing into a block(possibly done by using a normal on hit effect with freeze sound and attack graphic).

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
That model has really grown on me. It surprisingly fits with Brawl's realistic look.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
View attachment 98240
...Chill, dude.
Every screenshot of K. Rool makes me want him more. Keep it up, Bagan!

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Hmm, you're gonna need an actual model and texture for K. Rool's heli-pack and remote unless you can manage to make youre own.

Top Bottom