• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Can you remind me whether all of the standard or special moves have been decided for K. Rool, and what they are? I remember the swipe for F-Tilt, the bite for D-Tilt, the punch for U-Tilt, and the slamming F-Smash.
Outside of what Kazooie said, there's uppercut USmash and Blunderbuss freezing gas DSmash (which already has animations, but no GFX, so, can't show it yet). Not everything is 100% final right now.
Just wanted to say that this is beyond awesome, Bagan. I really loved your Ridley mod, and I'm super excited to see K. Rool being made. I would donate to this **** if I could.

I can't wait to see the finished product! Godspeed, dude.

Also, because I'm curious, what voice will you be using for K. Rool? 64 voice would be perfect to use, but if you have another in mind, that's cool too.
Thanks and i'll use all of his voices. Kinda like with Ridley before i decided to mix Prime, Other M and Sm4sh voices.
His sfx are over ROB, and even if they were over a boss (which I'm planning to TRY to do at some point), there is no ROB rel file.
...ok then. And good luck with MF SFX porting - he has a lot of lines and you can't really remove most of them.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros After you finish all 4 of these characters, what will you do after?
...i guess Ganon? I'd have a lot more freedom with that guy than with other characters because you can get very creative with magic and even if i'll run out of source material, Dissidia Final Fantasy has more than enough attacks to use (i'd probably get half of his moveset from single character and it will fit Ganon). There's also classic Ridley, but its not something completly unique. I also wanted to do Zant because idunno, but now i know how much of a pain in the...head some of his parts would be and i wouldn't be able to just port cloth physics, so, im not sure.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
...i guess Ganon? I'd have a lot more freedom with that guy than with other characters because you can get very creative with magic and even if i'll run out of source material, Dissidia Final Fantasy has more than enough attacks to use (i'd probably get half of his moveset from single character and it will fit Ganon). There's also classic Ridley, but its not something completly unique. I also wanted to do Zant because idunno, but now i know how much of a pain in the...head some of his parts would be and i wouldn't be able to just port cloth physics, so, im not sure.
You and these bulky characters hahaha! Love it. Thank you for all your hard work.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
If you do decide to go with Ganon, I'll gladly go back and fix up the model I made when the time comes.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Thanks and i'll use all of his voices. Kinda like with Ridley before i decided to mix Prime, Other M and Sm4sh voices.
Nice! Does that include the DK Country tv show K. Rool?

ps, I saw that the OP said that you weren't taking any more beta testers, but now that you're making more progress on him, would you be open to having any more beta testers for King K. Rool?

To answer the questions for being a tester:

-I can definitely handle large and heavy characters with fast falling speed. I main Falco in Melee (not exactly a heavy, but a fastfaller) and Mewtwo in Project M, and I know he's floaty, but he is a large, heavy character. I also like to use Bowser in Project M for funsies.

-I know basic AT's like wavedashing and l-cancelling. Proof being, I am active in my state's competitive Melee and PM scene. I am Ranked the 9th best Melee player and the 4th best Project M player in my state.
Example videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLE4hlBLbF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2p2sC5ruok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTrDXbwgfS8

-I have a Wii that I currently play Project M on, as well as a WiiU.

-I would prefer testing K. Rool. If you're in need of testers for Kraid in the future, I would be happy to test for that as well, but if there are already testers for that character, I understand.

If you already have all the testers you need, I totally understand, no worries.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Might as well throw out some ideas for the currently non-filled moves while I've got some time.

--If Down Smash is the freezing gas, you could use the green shockwaves as Down Special...though some have argued there are too many butt stomps as Down Specials as is. Perhaps a raining cannonball that falls from the sky in front of K. Rool? Other options could be a blunderbuss suction move, an electric pod trap, a Klaptrap, a rolling barrel or steel keg, maybe even some sort of command grab?

EDIT: Crossed out a move I saw you called impossible earlier in the thread. Holding out the Klaptrap to chomp/block projectiles could be cool. Another option is to incorporate K. Rool's massive jumps from DKC...like, hitting Down Special causes him to perform a massive horizontal leap a little ways up in the air, being slow to land but dealing a ton of damage/knockback to whoever it hits. You'd have to space it well/freeze a foe to land it, or could maybe repeat the input to cancel the move early (or end the leap early for less damage/knockback).

--Since F-Tilt is a big slash, jab could be either a flurry of punches, or maybe a belly bump (I'd say a big chomp, but that's also D-Tilt)

--N-Air could be K. Rool tucking into a ball and whipping his cape around his body, or maybe him flailing his claws cartoonishly like he's about to plummet

--F-Air could be a forward-facing chomp, a belly smash, double claw-swipe, maybe a short-legged kick

--For B-Air, how about K. Rool whips off his crown and smacks behind himself? Or maybe he just leans his butt backward to sit on foes for a close-range spike?

--U-Air ought to be a leaping chomp, real-life crocodile style

--D-Air can be a plummeting butt smash that creates the shockwaves when K. Rool lands onstage, or maybe the belly flop from Donkey Kong Land

--Grab could take on any number of unique animations...K. Rool could grab the opponent in his jaws, pin them to the ground, snag them with his cape, or even pull out his blunderbuss and use its suction to draw them into his claws.

EDIT: removed NSpec, throws and Final Smash after reading OP. Those should work great!

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
No R.O.B. .rel for PM+BX, and a hard to manage soundbank. Welp, looks like I'm replacing R.O.B.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
No R.O.B. .rel for PM+BX, and a hard to manage soundbank. Welp, looks like I'm replacing R.O.B.
I dunno where you guys are getting this idea that there isn't a R.O.B. module, because there is one in the latest version of PM+BeX.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
If you do decide to go with Ganon, I'll gladly go back and fix up the model I made when the time comes.
Im sure i'll go with Ganon. And if you'll go back to this model, could you keep just one cape/loincloth (unless its possible to have 2 objects like that with physics)?
Nice! Does that include the DK Country tv show K. Rool?

ps, I saw that the OP said that you weren't taking any more beta testers, but now that you're making more progress on him, would you be open to having any more beta testers for King K. Rool?

To answer the questions for being a tester:

-I can definitely handle large and heavy characters with fast falling speed. I main Falco in Melee (not exactly a heavy, but a fastfaller) and Mewtwo in Project M, and I know he's floaty, but he is a large, heavy character. I also like to use Bowser in Project M for funsies.

-I know basic AT's like wavedashing and l-cancelling. Proof being, I am active in my state's competitive Melee and PM scene. I am Ranked the 9th best Melee player and the 4th best Project M player in my state.
Example videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLE4hlBLbF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2p2sC5ruok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTrDXbwgfS8

-I have a Wii that I currently play Project M on, as well as a WiiU.

-I would prefer testing K. Rool. If you're in need of testers for Kraid in the future, I would be happy to test for that as well, but if there are already testers for that character, I understand.

If you already have all the testers you need, I totally understand, no worries.
Most likely unless its too similar or Kamineigh gets lost in Banana Slama madness.

Im making progress on him, but he still isn't "playable". But i'll keep this in mind.
Might as well throw out some ideas for the currently non-filled moves while I've got some time.
I'll put it all in a spoiler then.
--If Down Smash is the freezing gas, you could use the green shockwaves as Down Special...though some have argued there are too many butt stomps as Down Specials as is. Perhaps a raining cannonball that falls from the sky in front of K. Rool? Other options could be a blunderbuss suction move, an electric pod trap, a Klaptrap, a rolling barrel or steel keg, maybe even some sort of command grab?
Butt stomp is his DAir, but its not even touched yet. But its better to keep it like this because he has pretty long jumps and DAir won't reset his momentum. If there is something im sure i won't use for Down Special, its barrels/steel keg (just don't like the idea), blunderbuss (using it for 2 specials isn't right when he has other things) and command grab (already had enough problems with Ridley's and it won't work in vBrawl). Electric pod trap could work if i'll be able to change enough stuff on TLink's bombs and it would work well for K. Rool (he already has problems moving around, so, he'll need some help to handle characters like Captain Falcon and just to help him attack), but we'll see.

EDIT: Crossed out a move I saw you called impossible earlier in the thread. Holding out the Klaptrap to chomp/block projectiles could be cool. Another option is to incorporate K. Rool's massive jumps from DKC...like, hitting Down Special causes him to perform a massive horizontal leap a little ways up in the air, being slow to land but dealing a ton of damage/knockback to whoever it hits. You'd have to space it well/freeze a foe to land it, or could maybe repeat the input to cancel the move early (or end the leap early for less damage/knockback).
That could work too.
--Since F-Tilt is a big slash, jab could be either a flurry of punches, or maybe a belly bump (I'd say a big chomp, but that's also D-Tilt)
F-Tilt is not a slash. Its something like this:
Punch.gif

And jab is already done. Forgot to mention it. Its something like Bowser's from Sm4sh, but faster and he doesn't moves around as much.
--N-Air could be K. Rool tucking into a ball and whipping his cape around his body, or maybe him flailing his claws cartoonishly like he's about to plummet
I think 2nd idea would work better.
--F-Air could be a forward-facing chomp, a belly smash, double claw-swipe, maybe a short-legged kick
Out of those , double claw swipe sounds better, but im probably going to use something else.
--For B-Air, how about K. Rool whips off his crown and smacks behind himself? Or maybe he just leans his butt backward to sit on foes for a close-range spike?
I like the Blunderbuss idea more. It doesn't sounds effective unless he like thrusts it (thats the word for it?).
--U-Air ought to be a leaping chomp, real-life crocodile style
That could work as long as it doesn't reveals any ugly parts of the model rig.
--D-Air can be a plummeting butt smash that creates the shockwaves when K. Rool lands onstage, or maybe the belly flop from Donkey Kong Land
Thats exactly what i want it to be.
--Grab could take on any number of unique animations...K. Rool could grab the opponent in his jaws, pin them to the ground, snag them with his cape, or even pull out his blunderbuss and use its suction to draw them into his claws.
Grabing with hands or using Blunderbuss will be better. I'll chose one of those 2 depending on what kind of throws he will use.
Damn, Bagan, you've been getting around! Excellent work, mate!
Thanks.
I dunno where you guys are getting this idea that there isn't a R.O.B. module, because there is one in the latest version of PM+BeX.
If THIS is the real answer, then thank god.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Im sure i'll go with Ganon. And if you'll go back to this model, could you keep just one cape/loincloth (unless its possible to have 2 objects like that with physics)?
I'm really hoping that Ganon will look a bit more like his classic iterations myself, but it's up to you of course.

Or something closer to his Hyrule Warriors look which I think combines the best of both worlds:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
This may be a bit early to ask but for alt costumes is there going to be reference attires or just recolors?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm really hoping that Ganon will look a bit more like his classic iterations myself, but it's up to you of course.

Or something closer to his Hyrule Warriors look which I think combines the best of both worlds:

I think HW Ganon is a bit too bestial (thats the word for it?) for that.
This may be a bit early to ask but for alt costumes is there going to be reference attires or just recolors?
Probably just recolors, but i don't know. I haven't through much about Ganon yet. And we still have Ridley (fully functional, but needs to get a lot of animations updated and that throw bug needs to be fixed), K. Rool (barely playable), Metal Face (just needs item animations, 1 more victory animation and 2 taunts) and Kraid (not even started properly outside of the model which i don't have yet) to worry about.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Since you mentioned him and I remember him not being a big importance and there seeming to be alot of trouble getting him to work, why is he still a project? I'm just curious because it seems there is no hype for him and seems that people would rather have other projects then him.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, forgot about the blunderbuss B-Air, that'd be brilliant. Maybe the electric pods could function like Toon Link's bombs to save some trouble, just with the stun of ZSS' paralyzer when they connect.

Also, do you have any taunts or victory animations nailed down yet?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since you mentioned him and I remember him not being a big importance, what are plans with kraid once you get the model? I'm just curious because it seems there is no hype for him and seems that people would rather have other projects then him.
..i'll be honest - i don't have anything speciffic for him. The only thing im sure about is him being the "slow, but strong" type with projectiles (which is rare among those) and that you'll remember Godzilla from those 3d fighting games when seeing/playing as him. And im not surprised with poll results on Kraid. Ridley "is too big" is subjective, but Kraid "is too big" is not and can you really imagine moveset for someone like him? Its hard and requires a lot of stuff being made up or taken from others.
Yeah, forgot about the blunderbuss B-Air, that'd be brilliant. Maybe the electric pods could function like Toon Link's bombs to save some trouble, just with the stun of ZSS' paralyzer when they connect.

Also, do you have any taunts or victory animations nailed down yet?
That could also be done, but its kinda lazy.

Not really.
I wouldn't lie about this kind of thing.

Faek Good to know then.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That could also be done, but its kinda lazy.
Yeah, it's just helpful at least that TL has a item move for Down Special so the same template can be used for K. Rool. A better way to use the pods would be for him to place them on the ground and be able to connect the ground between two pods with a line of electricity, or to place one pod and be able to trigger an electric shockwave from it with a press of his remote.

Here are some taunt/pose suggestions as well:

--Waving his arms and using the "YEEEEAH, THANK YOUUU" sound effect from DK64
--Playing dead
--A maniacal laugh, using the sound effect from DK64's Game Over screen
--Jumping around while spinning in circles, ala his dancing from the cartoon's hit single "One of Us"
--Firing his blunderbuss in different directions, then aiming it at the screen
--Shooting flopping fish out of his blunderbuss, then making a face
--Pulling out a Klaptrap and stroking it evilly
--Taking a lot of goofy bows to the camera while going "THANK YOUUUU"
--Turning around and scratching his head, as if wondering where his tail went

Gaster

Smash Rookie
Some other villains that I would recommend: King Boo from Luigi's Mansion, Black Shadow from F-zero, and Porky from Earthbound

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Some other villains that I would recommend: King Boo from Luigi's Mansion, Black Shadow from F-zero, and Porky from Earthbound
I think the guys behind Waluigi are already doing Black Shadow, and his moveset seems very... Unvarried.

King Boo on the other hand... If you pull that off, I'll pee my pants.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I can do that no problem. I'll probably do some other changes for the better while I'm at it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's just helpful at least that TL has a item move for Down Special so the same template can be used for K. Rool. A better way to use the pods would be for him to place them on the ground and be able to connect the ground between two pods with a line of electricity, or to place one pod and be able to trigger an electric shockwave from it with a press of his remote.

Here are some taunt/pose suggestions as well:

--Waving his arms and using the "YEEEEAH, THANK YOUUU" sound effect from DK64
--Playing dead
--A maniacal laugh, using the sound effect from DK64's Game Over screen
--Jumping around while spinning in circles, ala his dancing from the cartoon's hit single "One of Us"
--Firing his blunderbuss in different directions, then aiming it at the screen
--Shooting flopping fish out of his blunderbuss, then making a face
--Pulling out a Klaptrap and stroking it evilly
--Taking a lot of goofy bows to the camera while going "THANK YOUUUU"
--Turning around and scratching his head, as if wondering where his tail went
I don't think i could make them have a line of electricity between each other, but im sure i can make them create electric shockwaves when K. Rool does whats needed to trigger those or at least make them act like mines.

I'll keep those in mind.
Black Shadow is being handled by Marioking64DS, Porky would be painful to animate (and he really isn't a guy who fights even as a final boss - he just "mechanically" wastes turn and attacks whenever he feels like doing it) and King Boo would be boring to animate.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

i wonder if anyone can finally extract models from ALBW

there's a really good Classic Ganon model Bagan can also use as well

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I don't think i could make them have a line of electricity between each other, but im sure i can make them create electric shockwaves when K. Rool does whats needed to trigger those or at least make them act like mines.

I'll keep those in mind.

Black Shadow is being handled by Marioking64DS, Porky would be painful to animate (and he really isn't a guy who fights even as a final boss - he just "mechanically" wastes turn and attacks whenever he feels like doing it) and King Boo would be boring to animate.
i like to add

someone at KC-MM is handling a M3/Brawl Porky PSA. he's going to be nearly based on his Crusade fan incarnation.

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
Did you ever see that Ganon mod by TheGreekBronzeGod or whatever his name is? Good stuff.

Also, did you ever want to try Midna/Princess Midna, Demise or Dixie? Just asking in general

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm excited to hear that Bagan is considering Ganon as his next project. I should say that he really shouldn't overwhelm himself too much though. More heavies always makes me happy, but don't go juggling things and adding more as you go along, or you'll get nothing done in the end.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Yeah mine were not requests either? Just giving input on how I think Ganon should look which is what people have been doing since the beginning with all these mods.
Not talking about you, but lots of other peoples were requesting lots of characters... I'm all for Ganon, but I agree with Raxxel Raxxel that focus should stay on K. Rool and the elusive Kraid. In related news, have you recieved the Kraid model yet?

Top Bottom