• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Experiment with it. See if you end up liking it or not.

If you want you can show the people how it ends up looking (like a compare and contrast) and ya'll could discuss more on what ya'll would like.

Provided it doesn't take away from you

Last edited:

(M)

Smash Cadet
How does KKR look atm? are you almost done animating his moveseet? if so, will a video be made?

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
He has plenty of moveset potential too. The majority of his regular attacks can have him thrust/slap enemies with his stretchy limbs, and his neutral B can have him shoot a grape using his Grape shooter. And of course, his Up-B would have him inflate himself, just like a balloon. He can be the middleweight among the kong gang, weighing more than Diddy but being lighter than Donkey. I could even help animate Lanky too if you want (probably not as good of an animator as you, but I'm pretty decent).
HE would probably be much easier to make compared to ridley but somewhat more pointless, and if you have lankey, you need to add tiny and chunky, which wouldnt be worth it

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Experiment with it. See if you end up liking it or not.

If you want you can show the people how it ends up looking (like a compare and contrast) and ya'll could discuss more on what ya'll would like.

Provided it doesn't take away from you
I could try.
How does KKR look atm? are you almost done animating his moveseet? if so, will a video be made?
No, i still haven't even reached aerial attacks, most of specials, grab, throws and many other things. It's less than 30%. But i will make video on him when he is ready to be shown (after he'll be given to beta testers of course - don't want it to look like that Project M Ridley trailer with NAir meteor smashes).
HE would probably be much easier to make compared to ridley but somewhat more pointless, and if you have lankey, you need to add tiny and chunky, which wouldnt be worth it
I'd say he would be harder to make because wings and tail all going "whoosh" can distract from issues with other parts and HE has nothing to distract eyes.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
I'd say he would be harder to make because wings and tail all going "whoosh" can distract from issues with other parts and HE has nothing to distract eyes.
i meant lanky kong would be easier to make than ridley but hes definitely less necessary and we would need chunky and tiny for lankys inclusion to make sence.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
On the idea of K.Rool with a tail; he had a tail in DK64, and I think it could work with the cape. The tail would be far down the body and would most likely be on the ground, well below a non-billowing and massive K.Rool cape.

I think it could work, honestly; we'd just need to animate the tail with his moveset in mind.

On another note, should we make his default alt costume (like Plumber Wario to Biker Wario) an outfit based on his concept art for DKC?

You know, this one;

The one named Krudd, of course, since that's the prototypic K.Rool. I just think this costume would be super cool to have included in the mod. The armored shoulders, boots and cowl all make him look really cool, IMO. It's certainly an alt more befitting of King K.Rool, King of the Kremlings, after all.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
nice new icon, Bagan!
Thank.

And i'll say right now that Ridley is here because he is one of the upcoming PSAs that can be done right now, but i haven't touched him for a month or two.
On the idea of K.Rool with a tail; he had a tail in DK64, and I think it could work with the cape. The tail would be far down the body and would most likely be on the ground, well below a non-billowing and massive K.Rool cape.

I think it could work, honestly; we'd just need to animate the tail with his moveset in mind.
It will be harder to do, but good idea. Strong wind will make it clip through anyway, but clipping through capes and hair because of wind isn't anything new.
On another note, should we make his default alt costume (like Plumber Wario to Biker Wario) an outfit based on his concept art for DKC?

You know, this one;

The one named Krudd, of course, since that's the prototypic K.Rool. I just think this costume would be super cool to have included in the mod. The armored shoulders, boots and cowl all make him look really cool, IMO. It's certainly an alt more befitting of King K.Rool, King of the Kremlings, after all.
That could work and would be cool as separate alt model, but we need someone who can model stuff first. And K. Rool's costumes from DKC games need to be done first.

Rilldatem

Smash Rookie
I would Love to Beta Test!
  • Can you handle large and heavy character with high falling speed (like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon)? This is to make sure you understand how things go. = I main Ganon.
  • Do you know all of the basic ATs like l-cancelling and wavedashing? = Yes, ive been practicing really hard. i think ive got it down.
  • Wii/WiiU or Dolphin? = Wii, SDHC Compatible?
  • Also, i would like to test metal face if he's ready for testing. im ready for BEEP. like, really ready.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Out of curiosity, are the mods specifically designed to go over certain characters (Pit, ROB, Toon Link) or can they be added by placing their files over those of any character? And also, are there any limitations in terms of what modes they can be used in? (Classic, All-Star, Subspace, etc.)

I'm about to boot up Project M and take Ridley for a decade-overdue spin. Here's to hoping he's as fun as he looks!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Out of curiosity, are the mods specifically designed to go over certain characters (Pit, ROB, Toon Link) or can they be added by placing their files over those of any character?

I'm about to boot up Project M and take Ridley for a decade-overdue spin. Here's to hoping he's as fun as he looks!
They're designed to go over certain characters. @PyotrLuzhin could certainly tell you the struggles he had when trying to make a chargeable bomb when working over Luigi for Bomberman. :laugh:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ridley plays like a charm. I remember someone referred to him as "Bowser with a sword," and I can certainly see why the comparison came up. Learning the spacing for Ridley's various tail attacks and lunges has been more fun for me than playing as almost all of the SSB4 characters. Many, many kudos to you, BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros for your work on him!

Anyhow, wasn't there some guy in here who said he'd be recording new announcer files to account for Ridley, K. Rool and the like? Is he still around?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Quick question, is Ridley not supposed to go into his helpless state when he uses his recovery?
Also, which .pac can I find the code for Ridley's sound file selection in?

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Ridley plays like a charm. I remember someone referred to him as "Bowser with a sword," and I can certainly see why the comparison came up. Learning the spacing for Ridley's various tail attacks and lunges has been more fun for me than playing as almost all of the SSB4 characters. Many, many kudos to you, BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros for your work on him!

Anyhow, wasn't there some guy in here who said he'd be recording new announcer files to account for Ridley, K. Rool and the like? Is he still around?
You also gotta try and keep your foe in the air. On the ground Ridley is slow and easy to punish but once you get somebody in the air they're yours for a while.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I would Love to Beta Test!
  • Can you handle large and heavy character with high falling speed (like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon)? This is to make sure you understand how things go. = I main Ganon.
  • Do you know all of the basic ATs like l-cancelling and wavedashing? = Yes, ive been practicing really hard. i think ive got it down.
  • Wii/WiiU or Dolphin? = Wii, SDHC Compatible?
  • Also, i would like to test metal face if he's ready for testing. im ready for BEEP. like, really ready.
Oh, and maybe K.Rool. Cause hes K.Kool!
I'll keep that in mind and we don't need beta testers for Metal Face anymore. But K. Rool will need those...when he is ready for it.

Thanks and i think he is still around.
Quick question, is Ridley not supposed to go into his helpless state when he uses his recovery?
Also, which .pac can I find the code for Ridley's sound file selection in?
No, he isn't.
If you mean file that sets which soundbank is used for character, i don't think it's in .pac files. But if you mean code that makes character play speciffic sound, then it's in FitPit.pac.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If you mean file that sets which soundbank is used for character, i don't think it's in .pac files. But if you mean code that makes character play speciffic sound, then it's in FitPit.pac.
To expand on this, each character has a soundbank (a .sawnd) they draw in-game sounds from. To change which sounds a character uses, you can either swap the names of two pre-installed soundbanks (so that you can have Pit using, say, Bowser's soundbank) or replace a soundbank outright with another soundbank (so I could make Pit have Waluigi's voice with the appropriate .sawnd files).

To change which .sawnd a character uses, you'd need to have a Project M+BEX build and a complete set of Brawl characters in BrawlEX files, allowing you to edit .sawnd file assignments with the BrawlEX Module Editor. But that requires a detailed knowledge of which characters have which soundbanks, so it's something I wouldn't reccomend untill you're accustomed to the structure of Brawl's soundbanks.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
I bet I already know the answer but I want to be sure,will Ridley ever be compatible with 3.6cc?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright, so I'm using the memory viewer to go through Ridley's module. However, I'm looking at a bunch of hexidecimals. How can I tell which lines of code are deciding on what .sawnd Ridley is using?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Alright, so I'm using the memory viewer to go through Ridley's module. However, I'm looking at a bunch of hexidecimals. How can I tell which lines of code are deciding on what .sawnd Ridley is using?
Ridley uses Pits's .sawnd (03)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
No need for beta testers anymore? That means he's almost done, right? Right?
Yes. MF just needs few things done...and one of them is swimming animations. I have no idea how he could even swim and i don't know which value in attributes should be changed to make him swim for very short amount of time.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Yes. MF just needs few things done...and one of them is swimming animations. I have no idea how he could even swim and i don't know which value in attributes should be changed to make him swim for very short amount of time.
Does he have any spinning parts? You could just have him swim ROB style.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
By the same token, if you find out how to adjust swimming times, you could have K. Rool swim for longer than average based on his crocodile status.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Does he have any spinning parts? You could just have him swim ROB style.
Only few gears on his arms, legs and jet engine thing. And how ROB swims?
I was thinking that, but I don't know Metal Face well enough.

Doesn't he have jets? He could use them.
He has one big jet engine thing somehow attached to him (it just kinda floats above one of his body parts), but im not sure how to use it for swimming animation.
By the same token, if you find out how to adjust swimming times, you could have K. Rool swim for longer than average based on his crocodile status.
Sure. Can't have it any other way.

Last edited:
i drew this in ms paint ,its king k.rool based on the model that you are using for the mod, i grew fond of the model and decided to draw it but i couldnt draw his claws like fingers/hands so i gave him normal ones and i also added a tail so this is probably how your model would look with a tail. click the pic to zoom in for more details.

keep up the good work BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros :)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Only few gears on his arms, legs and jet engine thing. And how ROB swims?

He has one big jet engine thing somehow attached to him (it just kinda floats above one of his body parts), but im not sure how to use it for swimming animation.
ROB is super cute, he just floats in the water, his arms facing backwards, and his hands rotate like propellers.

Last edited:

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Isn't there a way to nullify (contextual usage) the water so that certain characters go right through it?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but is there going to be any way to get Ridley/Metal Face/K. Rool to occupy their own spots on the CSS eventually instead of replacing other characters?

Top Bottom