• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but is there going to be any way to get Ridley/Metal Face/K. Rool to occupy their own spots on the CSS eventually instead of replacing other characters?
Well with BrawlEX + PM being a thing I would like to think so

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but is there going to be any way to get Ridley/Metal Face/K. Rool to occupy their own spots on the CSS eventually instead of replacing other characters?
PM + BrawlEX will do the trick! The default build comes with Ridley, too!

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Yes. Ridley already works for this. Using the new PM+BEX characters like Ridley, Waluigi, K. Rool and Metal Face can all join without replacing anybody. It's just like DLC but free and complicated to install!

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I love your honesty.
I gave up when I got everything on the CCS to work and then the game doesn't start when I select Ridley or Waluigi. Double checked everything and everything seemed fine. So I gave up. I'll just wait until somebody inevitably makes the ultimate mega build of PM with the best characters and stages.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I just want to ask this, Will Metal Face and K Rool need a Module like Ridley does? Making them not compatible with vBrawl? Having Metal Face + K Rool in my vBrawl Build will only make it better.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I just want to ask this, Will Metal Face and K Rool need a Module like Ridley does? Making them not compatible with vBrawl? Having Metal Face + K Rool in my vBrawl Build will only make it better.
I don't think so. Im using PM ROB's module, but only because i didn't bother deleting it on sd card.

God, April is approaching and i still haven't finished something as simple as item animations...Well, at least i have something mind-blowing(ly lame) for that one day. Maybe even 3 things like that. Maybe even more.
...I wonder what's for dinner? And Will it Blend?

...pointless stuff aside, what exactly should i use for K.Rool's CSP poses? I doubt he will give as much problems as Metal Face (too many details on small parts that can't be simply cropped or left as it is), but he certainly isn't Kirby or Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so. Im using PM ROB's module, but only because i didn't bother deleting it on sd card.

God, April is approaching and i still haven't finished something as simple as item animations...Well, at least i have something mind-blowing(ly lame) for that one day. Maybe even 3 things like that. Maybe even more.

...pointless stuff aside, what exactly should i use for K.Rool's CSP poses? I doubt he will give as much problems as Metal Face (too many details on small parts that can't be simply cropped or left as it is), but he certainly isn't Kirby or Jigglypuff.
In terms of poses, I think any of these may be good options.

im assuming that "CSP" means character portrait or something of sorts if so then i like the ones as posted above by PrinceGal3n PrinceGal3n here are a few more poses....sorry i dont know how to do a spoiler tag.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If you want, I could always try and make some custom CSP's in BrawlBox. I'd just need the model and all the alt textures we're planning on using first, though.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Him lifting his hands up into the air, as if waving "yeah, thank you!" Or perhaps pointing his blunderbuss at the camera.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dunno if this has been brought up before, but eventually, once all of the mods are taken care of, it'd be cool to have a new .sawnd file where their Wiimote sounds belong to them instead of their base characters.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Gotta go fast, so, can't reply to all posts.
With all of the poses out, I decided I'd make a poll.
http://strawpoll.me/7109603
Options are labeled in the spoiler.

1:
2:
3:

4:

5:

6:

7:
This is a good idea. BUT someone will need to tell me the results one it's all over because i can't even vote in that poll. Buttons don't work.

I'm getting really close to finishing MF. Finally. Just gotta finish few things and then i should be back to working on K. Rool in next month or earlier...if those mechon feet won't get me killed before that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Will Metal Face/K. Rool be compatible with the latest version of Project M? From what I can tell, the latest Ridley download was for the 3.6 beta, which seems to make the game not load some stages (Competitive Bowser's Castle and the classic 64 stages) and crashes some of the single player modes.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
i dont think 7 would work with the model
It will work. It won't be 100% same, but very close.
Will Metal Face/K. Rool be compatible with the latest version of Project M? From what I can tell, the latest Ridley download was for the 3.6 beta, which seems to make the game not load some stages (Competitive Bowser's Castle and the classic 64 stages) and crashes some of the single player modes.
Yes. I'm testing them with latest version. And i'm pretty sure i updated Ridley to work in full 3.6.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841

Did you say CSPs? (I make them)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Poll results from 30 people so far.
Kinda expected it to look like this.

Decided to do something different for MF's battering item animations. Those who played Sm4sh will notice similarities between them and another character's normal attacks and those who played XBC will know why it's done like this.
00000000-130.png

Other than that, expect to see recolors for K. Rool soon.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Since it's been brought up over on KC:MM...

Apparently, BraveDragonWolf's been having issues exporting his rigged Smash4 Ridley model after ridding of the overlapping vertices. I've given him a reply stating that we'd be open to trying to salvage what he has, so we might be getting back into Ridley a little sooner than anticipated. :p

Last edited:

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Since it's been brought up over on KC:MM...

Apparently, BraveDragonWolf's been having issues exporting his rigged Smash4 Ridley model after ridding of the overlapping vertices. I've given him a reply stating that we'd be open to trying to salvage what he has, so we might be getting back into Ridley a little sooner than anticipated. :p
:yeahboi:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
can i have another picture of k.rool
Want a new screenshot? Ok then.
00000000-132.png
00000000-134.png
00000000-136.png

This is just a test to see how K. Rool would look like with a tail (which is why it has low-res textures and why it's just Brug Mass' left tentacle arm and not something with less than 18 bones). Personally, i like him with a tail because other Kremlings have one and it hides his butt. Big. Green. Scaly. Butt. And good news: it doesn't clips through stuff as much as i expected it to do. Ganon' cape physics (and maybe physics for few other things of that kind) actually don't obey gravity. They just try to get the cape into certain position once cape isn't affected by wind or movement. This is why it's not posed properly on screenshots.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Awww yeah!

Now he can have his tail swish back and forth with greater accuracy for this cool slow walk animation (if you're using its suggestion from earlier).

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

SmashGibson

Smash Rookie

Maybe this?
K Rool always seemed goofy and somewhat oblivious to me (look at him throw the crown). He looks far too deliberate and menacing in this artwork.

Is there any way he can get a claptrap and or a kremling in his moveset? I thought maybe Dedede's Waddle Dees could be a source.

Last edited:
Top Bottom