• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Who's next, Hades from Kid Icarus, Porky?
funny, somebody is doing a Porky PSA

if i could get a model of Hades trophy from the 3DS version of Smash 4 (and a new freaking laptop), i'd work on a Hades PSA in a heart beat.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
funny, somebody is doing a Porky PSA

if i could get a model of Hades trophy from the 3DS version of Smash 4 (and a new freaking laptop), i'd work on a Hades PSA in a heart beat.
Yeah, good lu-
Ok, can't keep a straight face. Using trophy models is a very bad idea because not only are they not rigged, but they also are pre-posed. You'll have to manually T-pose it and then rig it. And model quality in sm4sh for 3ds is lower than in Brawl or even Melee. But i can easily export Hades' trophy model.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
You'll have to manually T-pose it and then rig it. And model quality in sm4sh for 3ds is lower than in Brawl or even Melee. But i can easily export Hades' trophy model.
you can do that? i hear (N)3DS models are pretty complicated to rip.

also, i could give less of a damn about the model quality, i'm pretty sure Hades' trophy model is just as the same as his KI:U Idol model. both are on the same system.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
you can do that? i hear (N)3DS models are pretty complicated to rip.

also, i could give less of a damn about the model quality, i'm pretty sure Hades' trophy model is just as the same as his KI:U Idol model. both are on the same system.
It already was ripped for everyone to use on KC-MM, so, i don't know how complicated it is to rip them.

Model is from that game, but like other trophies (ported or one of the only original models), it has no rig. It's removed when trophies are made. He has only one expression and it's the most fitting one.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
It already was ripped for everyone to use on KC-MM, so, i don't know how complicated it is to rip them.

Model is from that game, but like other trophies (ported or one of the only original models), it has no rig. It's removed when trophies are made. He has only one expression and it's the most fitting one.
link to the model at KC-MM/B.V., at least?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
link to the model at KC-MM/B.V., at least?
Here: https://mega.nz/#!bhpkXBLb!iWblaC06CfpRf2CokH1vzg6BsJFgHNelB0bu8wqhAhU It's located in model>figure>Hades.

Ok, April Fools day thing is done. Was pretty lame, i know. Would have been better if it was a video (which was my original goal until i hit the wall called lazyness) or something. Anyway, i'm not working on any of those characters. I didn't even animate them (except for Zant's helmet animations and the Blender King animation). I just posed them in the way i needed and added GFX when required. Ganon will still happen, but not like this and can't say anything about other 2. They aren't completely out of question, but i'm not thinking of them right now. Back to those item animations i guess...urgh...

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Here: https://mega.nz/#!bhpkXBLb!iWblaC06CfpRf2CokH1vzg6BsJFgHNelB0bu8wqhAhU It's located in model>figure>Hades.

Ok, April Fools day thing is done. Was pretty lame, i know. Would have been better if it was a video (which was my original goal until i hit the wall called lazyness) or something. Anyway, i'm not working on any of those characters. I didn't even animate them (except for Zant's helmet animations and the Blender King animation). I just posed them in the way i needed and added GFX when required. Ganon will still happen, but not like this and can't say anything about other 2. They aren't completely out of question, but i'm not thinking of them right now. Back to those item animations i guess...urgh...
thanks bruh

honestly, i think they should've embedded the #FIIA EMBUREM song to the entire site to spark out a bigger wave of april foolz reactions. also get Smashified team to do a render of Mirage #Chrom and make a fake news post about a secret DLC announcement.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

hold up, wait a minute Bagan

I've extracted and checked inside the flie at the exact file location (/home/*/*/data/model/figure/Hades/body/c00), now i don't see the model file of Hades at all.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
It's called normal.bch. You'll need Ohana3DS to view and convert it.
hmmm, i've also notice the folder says it has one file held inside.
EDIT: wrong folder T_T

should've known, thx again Bagan.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
It's called normal.bch. You'll need Ohana3DS to view and convert it.
nonono, wait, nvm. i still don't see it even in Ohana3DS.

i can view the normal.bch trophy file of Cereza/Bayonetta and others normally and through Ohana3DS, but Hades' file seem to be nowhere to be spotted. also did a normal mass search of "normal.bch", still not in the /Hades/body/c00 folder path

i'm going to recheck once again, but Bagan, i need you to double check the MEGA file you've sent me and screencap to make sure it's there

and sorry for bothering you again, i really REALLY need Hades.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
nonono, wait, nvm. i still don't see it even in Ohana3DS.

i can view the normal.bch trophy file of Cereza/Bayonetta and others normally and through Ohana3DS, but Hades' file seem to be nowhere to be spotted. also did a normal mass search of "normal.bch", still not in the /Hades/body/c00 folder path

i'm going to recheck once again, but Bagan, i need you to double check the MEGA file you've sent me and screencap to make sure it's there

and sorry for bothering you again, i really REALLY need Hades.
I checked it and it's here (model\figure\Hades\body\c00).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In memory of yesterday's goodness:

I'll miss muh waifus and FE Reps, but am excited to get back to Metal Face and K. Rool's upcoming palette swaps just the same.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just a test to see how K. Rool would look like on CSP with pose 7:
CSP.png

ScreenCapture222.png

ScreenCapture223.png
Eyebrows/eyelids/whatever aren't rigged yet, so, it looks kinda goofy. And that pose is either incompatible with model's proportions or i'm a failure. I'll try other poses as well.
EDIT: two more poses:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
When you've made all of the CSPs you want to, Bagan, I can make a poll on the BringBackKRool account to get a larger number of responses.

Personally, I like the third one of those included above. It captures his character the best IMO.

IROX568

Smash Cadet
Just a test to see how K. Rool would look like on CSP with pose 7:
View attachment 102706
View attachment 102704
Eyebrows/eyelids/whatever aren't rigged yet, so, it looks kinda goofy. And that pose is either incompatible with model's proportions or i'm a failure. I'll try other poses as well.
EDIT: two more poses:

I like the third one the best but I think the eyes could use a bit more....expression....he seems dead inside right now

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
When you've made all of the CSPs you want to, Bagan, I can make a poll on the BringBackKRool account to get a larger number of responses.

Personally, I like the third one of those included above. It captures his character the best IMO.
Good idea. And i like that one too. There's more stuff visible.
I like the third one the best but I think the eyes could use a bit more....expression....he seems dead inside right now
That's all they can do right now. I need to wake him up inside. But he can't wake up.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Second looks the best to me so far. The others are missing something.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
third one looks better but second one fits in more with the other dk characters

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Third one looks a lot better with the current model. When the eyes are rigged it'll be spot on.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm in love with the second one. As a CSP, it's a bit more simple, less over-the-top flashy. Though I think as a CSP, it should be cropped to include the arm.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Out of 51 Twitter voters:

--37% prefer Option #3
--33% prefer Option #2
--16% prefer something different
--14% prefer Option #1

It's interesting, the render that Option #1 is meant to emulate won that other strawpoll that someone made, but didn't perform as well here. Different strokes, I guess.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Out of 51 Twitter voters:

--37% prefer Option #3
--33% prefer Option #2
--16% prefer something different
--14% prefer Option #1

It's interesting, the render that Option #1 is meant to emulate won that other strawpoll that someone made, but didn't perform as well here. Different strokes, I guess.
I'm thinking they performed so differently because the pose just doesn't really work with this model... The eyes and mouth aren't expressive enough and his legs are too short...

Last edited:
Top Bottom