• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters
Want a new screenshot? Ok then.
View attachment 102139 View attachment 102140 View attachment 102141
This is just a test to see how K. Rool would look like with a tail (which is why it has low-res textures and why it's just Brug Mass' left tentacle arm and not something with less than 18 bones). Personally, i like him with a tail because other Kremlings have one and it hides his butt. Big. Green. Scaly. Butt. And good news: it doesn't clips through stuff as much as i expected it to do. Ganon' cape physics (and maybe physics for few other things of that kind) actually don't obey gravity. They just try to get the cape into certain position once cape isn't affected by wind or movement. This is why it's not posed properly on screenshots.
yes!! tail for the win,thank you bagan it looks great even in its testing form!

and now my fanart of your k.rool is more closer to the real thing minus the hands of course http://i.imgur.com/xg4PH2o.png

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Awww yeah!

Now he can have his tail swish back and forth with greater accuracy for this cool slow walk animation (if you're using its suggestion from earlier).

Keep up the great work!
I'll use that. I have no other ideas for slow walk anyway.
K Rool always seemed goofy and somewhat oblivious to me (look at him throw the crown). He looks far too deliberate and menacing in this artwork.

Is there any way he can get a claptrap and or a kremling in his moveset? I thought maybe Dedede's Waddle Dees could be a source.
Don't know. He treats his crew badly, shot DK with cannonballs while he was tied up, attempted to blow up Kongs' island, polluted his own island and more. Him looking menacing doesn't sounds wrong even if he can be goofy.

Claptrap? Yes (not as something separate of course). Kremling? No. I can't simply take other characters' articles and TLink has articles i need for other things.
yes!! tail for the win,thank you bagan it looks great even in its testing form!

and now my fanart of your k.rool is more closer to the real thing minus the hands of course http://i.imgur.com/xg4PH2o.png
That and head. Mouth and rest of his head aren't separated by a line or something like that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, in the cartoon, the Kremlings have firearms that shoot out miniature Klaptraps. If you're looking to keep Down Special open for something else, you could have K. Rool fire a single Klaptrap out of the blunderbuss instead of a cannonball once it's been charged to a certain point. That could help to get it away from K. Rool as a separate item while also making it disappear when it lands so as to not require any complicated AI. The Klaptrap could deal more damage and knockback than the cannonballs, but less than the explosion that happens if you overcharge.

IROX568

Smash Cadet
Want a new screenshot? Ok then.
View attachment 102139 View attachment 102140 View attachment 102141
This is just a test to see how K. Rool would look like with a tail (which is why it has low-res textures and why it's just Brug Mass' left tentacle arm and not something with less than 18 bones). Personally, i like him with a tail because other Kremlings have one and it hides his butt. Big. Green. Scaly. Butt. And good news: it doesn't clips through stuff as much as i expected it to do. Ganon' cape physics (and maybe physics for few other things of that kind) actually don't obey gravity. They just try to get the cape into certain position once cape isn't affected by wind or movement. This is why it's not posed properly on screenshots.
He looks better with a tail tbh. He just feels a little bit more complete.

Rip butt tho

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I just wanted to come here and congratulate/thank the creators for the fantastic work they are doing. I am especially excited for the K.Rool mod (I voted for him in the ballot). I can't wait to see this complete. Keep up the great work!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know, in the cartoon, the Kremlings have firearms that shoot out miniature Klaptraps. If you're looking to keep Down Special open for something else, you could have K. Rool fire a single Klaptrap out of the blunderbuss instead of a cannonball once it's been charged to a certain point. That could help to get it away from K. Rool as a separate item while also making it disappear when it lands so as to not require any complicated AI. The Klaptrap could deal more damage and knockback than the cannonballs, but less than the explosion that happens if you overcharge.
If i'll be able to change arrow's model depending on it's charge level, then i'll do it. I don't think it should do more damage and knockback than cannonballs, but having either higher damage or higher knockback could work.
I just wanted to come here and congratulate/thank the creators for the fantastic work they are doing. I am especially excited for the K.Rool mod (I voted for him in the ballot). I can't wait to see this complete. Keep up the great work!
Thanks and i hope this will satisfy those who voted for him.
View attachment 102245
*gasp*
also this is the coolest k.rool ever
...um...forget about this. Yeah. Remember that April is tomorrow.
And i hope it will be the coolest when both mods are out or at the very least a 2nd option for those who likes old design more.

IROX568

Smash Cadet
...um...forget about this. Yeah. Remember that April is tomorrow.
And i hope it will be the coolest when both mods are out or at the very least a 2nd option for those who likes old design more.
April is in two days...(for me at least)

But please...don't do me like this...if this is some kind of sick joke...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*Bagan releases a Metal Face and K. Rool ZIP file on April 1*

We open it...

It's a lone .brstm of the John Cena theme.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

We open it...

Or it's just an image of a crocodile with metal mask crudely put on it's face with MS Paint. And it will happen when it's technically April 1st, but only in like one part of the world while it's April 2nd everywhere else.

Last edited:

IROX568

Smash Cadet
Jeez, Bagan
Ridley,
Metal Face,
K Rool,
Kraid,
Possibly Ganon and Zant.

Who's next, Hades from Kid Icarus, Porky?

*Hint Hint* ;)

We open it...

Also, does anyone have a .brstm of that?

I need it...for reasons....

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Jeez, Bagan
Ridley,
Metal Face,
K Rool,
Kraid,
Possibly Ganon and Zant.

*Hint Hint* ;)
No. It's Slippy that either gets hit by various stuff or barely misses it while trying to be Fox clone, 1:1 size Dark Beast Ganon, n64 Andross, King Harkinian, Goron Golem and Orne.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
No. It's Slippy that either gets hit by various stuff or barely misses it while trying to be Fox clone, 1:1 size Dark Beast Ganon, n64 Andross, King Harkinian, Goron Golem and Orne.
Link: Sure is boring around here.

The King: Link, Smash is what all true warriors strive for!

King Harkinian fires the Dinner Blaster at Link knocking him off the stage.

~THE KING PINCHES BACK!~

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Bomberman (since he's the only all star not properly finished by one of the PMDev members who quit regular brawl modding) or Ristar would be game changing by you.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Jeez, Bagan
Ridley,
Metal Face,
K Rool,
Kraid,
Possibly Ganon and Zant.

*Hint Hint* ;)
You happen to be missing one. :p

The full list of stuff the team's doing (on and off) is:
  • Metal Face (nearly complete), ETA of Q2 or Q3 of 2016
  • King K.Rool (W.I.P, currently in the process of early testing), ETA of Q3 or Q4 of 2016
  • Tyrantrum (Early W.I.P, cosmetics and skins done), ETA of Q3 or Q4 of 2016/Q1 of 2017
  • Kraid (Very Early W.I.P, not much done at all), ETA currently unknown
Ganon and Zant will probably come after we finish off at least two of the remaining characters in the backlog, if at all. As for other ideas...those will come in time. Right now we're focusing on clearing out some of the backlogged development.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You happen to be missing one. :p

The full list of stuff the team's doing (on and off) is:
  • Metal Face (nearly complete), ETA of Q2 or Q3 of 2016
  • King K.Rool (W.I.P, currently in the process of early testing), ETA of Q3 or Q4 of 2016
  • Tyrantrum (Early W.I.P, cosmetics and skins done), ETA of Q3 or Q4 of 2016/Q1 of 2017
  • Kraid (Very Early W.I.P, not much done at all), ETA currently unknown
Ganon and Zant will probably come after we finish off at least two of the remaining characters in the backlog, if at all. As for other ideas...those will come in time. Right now we're focusing on clearing out some of the backlogged development.
And then there's classic Ridley...and i have to finish 2.2 update for old Ridley...urgh...should have kept my mouth shut.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
And then there's classic Ridley...and i have to finish 2.2 update for old Ridley...urgh...should have kept my mouth shut.
Those two will probably end up being either closer to the end of this year or early next year, honestly. Right now, we should prioritize getting most all of the new stuff we're working on into a releasable state before going back to Ridley.

I mean, Metal Face is pretty close to done, and K.Rool is already in the earliest phases of testing. Really, the only large amount work left is on Tyrantrum and Kraid, and I think putting Kraid on the backburner for now will benefit us a lot in the long run, simply so that we can push out all of the hyped releases first.

Not that I'm fond of backburning projects, but we'll have to space them out to avoid overworking ourselves.

QuantumJitter

Smash Rookie
when this project is finished will they have their own slots on the menu? thinking about adding this to my friend groups matches

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Those two will probably end up being either closer to the end of this year or early next year, honestly. Right now, we should prioritize getting most all of the new stuff we're working on into a releasable state before going back to Ridley.

I mean, Metal Face is pretty close to done, and K.Rool is already in the earliest phases of testing. Really, the only large amount work left is on Tyrantrum and Kraid, and I think putting Kraid on the backburner for now will benefit us a lot in the long run, simply so that we can push out all of the hyped releases first.

Not that I'm fond of backburning projects, but we'll have to space them out to avoid overworking ourselves.
True. Ridley already got his chance and K. Rool really needs to appear in...anything as more than just cameo or something like that. And Kraid might as well be on the backburner already. Never got to work on him.
when this project is finished will they have their own slots on the menu? thinking about adding this to my friend groups matches
No, but it would be possible to do with PyotrLuzhin's BrawlEx+PM thing. I certainly won't be one who makes these mods compatible with it.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
That wireframe Ridley I've shown in the Pirate's abode wasn't the only thing I've been doing for the Pirate Commander today, though;

Made a whole new render for every Ridley alt I could have possibly found; either ones I had on my computer or ones I downloaded off of Brawl Vault. The only ones I couldn't manage to do was the Mother Brain-colored Ridley, and that's only because the files for that one seem to have gone down, as well as the oft-neglected Super Metroid alt. :p

In fact, here's all of them (in a pair of spoilers so that this post is not ridiculously long)

But not only have I made new renders for every Ridley alt I could find...

...I made them for Meta Ridley, too.

Last edited:

IROX568

Smash Cadet
That wireframe Ridley I've shown in the Pirate's abode wasn't the only thing I've been doing for the Pirate Commander today, though;

Made a whole new render for every Ridley alt I could have possibly found; either ones I had on my computer or ones I downloaded off of Brawl Vault. The only one I couldn't manage to do was the Mother Brain-colored Ridley, and that's only because the files for that one seem to have gone down. :p

In fact, here's all of them (in a pair of spoilers so that this post is not ridiculously long)

Whoa. They look amazing! You have a download link for the Meta Ridley Alts coming any time soon?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Whoa. They look amazing! You have a download link for the Meta Ridley Alts coming any time soon?
Don't worry, I will. ;)

I didn't even go over all the CSP's I did in case someone wants to use this CSP in conjunction with SSBMR, either;

And even Meta Ridley gets the Melee conversion, to boot!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Made a whole new render for every Ridley alt I could have possibly found; either ones I had on my computer or ones I downloaded off of Brawl Vault. The only ones I couldn't manage to do was the Mother Brain-colored Ridley, and that's only because the files for that one seem to have gone down, as well as the oft-neglected Super Metroid alt. :p

There's a separate thread for Ridley. This would fit better in that thread.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
F*** you Smashboards. As if i didn't have enough problems with SSB4 having so many FE characters, with all of them using swords. And why i get THAT character of all thi-...wait...it could be worse...

...Y'know what? I'm tired of Metal Face's...face and K. Rool's butt that even a tail can't hide. Not tired of Kraid because i never got to work on him. Anyway, i'm putting them on backburner. I decided to work on different characters for now. Here is a screenshot of them:
00000000-143.png

If you're wondering why Beast Ganon is here of all things, he is not meant for serious matches. He is like PM Giga Bowser and HW Ganon when you play as him. Just all-powerful tank that can teleport. Uses Ganondorf as a base because he isn't really using articles and has no counters, command grabs or projectiles, so, it doesn't matters who he is using and porting him should be easy. Right now, i'm trying to make background stay normal when he is present. I'm probably missing something.

Zant is a mix of TP and HW versions in terms of skill (doesn't just swings his arms randomly, but it still isn't how you're supposed to use scimitars) and can teleport in any direction during start up of attacks at the cost of increasing endlag. I already dislike having to recreate all of those animations where he twists his body while talking. They obviously were not meant to be seen from more than just one side. But animating his helmet collapsing and then having each piece simply teleport out was fun. Uses Falco as a base (projectiles and possibly FS), but that might change.

Ghirahim is le fast swordbruh, but he is fabulous. That and he has projectiles. Can't really say more than that. He is here mostly because i can't do one one-shot villain of 3d games without another. I'm not really happy with having to manually animate his cape and hair (which hides his normal human ear...huh). Uses Lucario as a base (projectiles and counter).

I might post more screenshots today. Depends on how i feel. I'll need to update OP and poll too, but not now.

...f*** Ghirahim's cape. May it burn in Demise's hair.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
F*** you Smashboards. As if i didn't have enough problems with SSB4 having so many FE characters, with all of them using swords. And why i get THAT character of all thi-...wait...it could be worse...

...Y'know what? I'm tired of Metal Face's...face and K. Rool's butt that even a tail can't hide. Not tired of Kraid because i never got to work on him. Anyway, i'm putting them on backburner. I decided to work on different characters for now. Here is a screenshot of them:
View attachment 102448
If you're wondering why Beast Ganon is here of all things, he is not meant for serious matches. He is like PM Giga Bowser and HW Ganon when you play as him. Just all-powerful tank that can teleport. Uses Ganondorf as a base because he isn't really using articles and has no counters, command grabs or projectiles, so, it doesn't matters who he is using and porting him should be easy. Right now, i'm trying to make background stay normal when he is present. I'm probably missing something.

Zant is a mix of TP and HW versions in terms of skill (doesn't just swings his arms randomly, but it still isn't how you're supposed to use scimitars) and can teleport in any direction during start up of attacks at the cost of increasing endlag. I already dislike having to recreate all of those animations where he twists his body while talking. They obviously were not meant to be seen from more than just one side. But animating his helmet collapsing and then having each piece simply teleport out was fun. Uses Falco as a base (projectiles and possibly FS), but that might change.

Ghirahim is le fast swordbruh, but he is fabulous. That and he has projectiles. Can't really say more than that. He is here mostly because i can't do one one-shot villain of 3d games without another. I'm not really happy with having to manually animate his cape and hair (which hides his normal human ear...huh). Uses Lucario as a base (projectiles and counter).

I might post more screenshots today. Depends on how i feel. I'll need to update OP and poll too, but not now.

...f*** Ghirahim's cape. May it burn in Demise's hair.
OK that's great in all but what about the face rubbing mini game?

SoupBalloon

Smash Rookie
Ghirahim is very close to being correct, but he needs more anime, a japanese voice, and more counters.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I'm still mad that i got green-hared guy as my avatar. Those three characters revealed though, got the anger right outta me. They look great!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wow, rude. >:/
Not in my opinion!
OK that's great in all but what about the face rubbing mini game?
Ganon does that.
But where's FE Rep?
Ghirahim isn't from FE, but he is le swordbruh, so, he counts.
Ghirahim is very close to being correct, but he needs more anime, a japanese voice, and more counters.
Ghirahim already has japanese voice (Anri Katsu) and technically has 5 counters in SS (and i think i can repllicate most of those in the mod). And his design is anime enough for me.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
I'm still mad that i got green-hared guy as my avatar. Those three characters revealed though, got the anger right outta me. They look great!
oh Boo Hoo who the fudge am i? i look like a brown haired ike if he was a failure at everything

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just remember that it could be worse and it will be gone soon.

Some stuff:
00000000-146.png

Down B. Just a counter. Has 1.2 damage multiplier on counter, but opponent must hit his hand for this counter to activate. However, you can angle it during start up to be either low, high or right in front of him. Still uses black sword trails.
00000000-145.png

Up B. Single hit deals low damage, but you're most likely going to hit more than once since it doesn't launches his opponent. If you hold B, he'll continue spinning. If you hold it for too long on the ground, he gets dizzy. GFX on the screenshot needs to be reversed and he needs to be slowed down. I'm not sure if it should work like in TP or HW. Right now, he looks like a helicopter's propeller thing. I'm serious.
Animation17.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom