• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia Redux! GAME OVER!

Ronike

Smash Ace
OS, I know I have a fair point, so just trying to rile me up isn't gonna work all that well. And do you really think that that is the best course of action in a game where I can shoot you at any time? You're just failing at logic all over the place this game...

Vote Overswarm

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Er, we're not being serious with votes are we? :p

Regarding OS's attempts at breaking the game. They're fair, he's just playing like Uruguay did in the World Cup. If he can break it, so be it, but it looks like he failed.

Let me preface this by saying I was not in the previous bad idea mafia, and even reading the rules I remain rather lost through it all, so it will be you guys who are crucial in influencing how I work things. I understand the gravitas of bombs and rewirings and godfathers and the general holy **** state of town. Let's try and keep the days as long as possible before we daykill anyone, as I'm sure the longer days = better for town rule holds up in bad idea mafia as well.

Gah, I was going to write more, but beer and fourth of july calls. Even though I'm in Paris and the best I'm doing is frozen pizza and beer.

Me gusta.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Doc beat us to it!... @Rockin, specifically @how the day should be planned:- wii actually thought "Daykilling" is effectively 1/2 the standard lynching system, in that it's laying down the hammer on a said player. Wii should fill the other half and simulate as close to a standard voting system as possible. Voting or showing a declaration of suspicion leading up to a Daykill [lynch] is necessary IOO to forcibly visualise players' commitments on other players. Don't you agree?
_
I agree...somewhat. The only thing I disagree is the need of a voting system. I'm sure we can do fine without it by just conversing with one another and blantly tell who we feel is suspicious. Normally, a vote would mean we have a choice, and that we have to majority agree to lynch said person. Since everyone is packing heat, we all just gotta agree on who we want to shoot. XD

Mentos, Rockin?

I don't like you.
and why is that I wonder

OS, I know I have a fair point, so just trying to rile me up isn't gonna work all that well. And do you really think that that is the best course of action in a game where I can shoot you at any time? You're just failing at logic all over the place this game...

Vote Overswarm
You should REALLY let go of that incident, Ronike. The more you think on it, the more it'll cloud your judgement. Just saying.

McCloud, I suggest you look at the last B.I.M. game and read up so you can get a fair understanding of how the game is handled.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Vote Overswarm
The fact that you haven't daykilled me makes me think you can't :p

ligolski

Smash Rookie
hey guys, unfortunately I'm out of town so I'll be limited for the holiday weekend, but here are my initial thoughts, and mind you I haven't play in oh 2 or 3 years...lol

(Sorry guys, the apartment complex that I'm stealing this wireless signal from at the beach is filled to the brim with powerhungry crackers, so I keep getting blocked from the network. I'm on, but with limited access)

So far, OS trying to break the game = not surprising at this point. Also, I don't agree with the "shoot-on-claim" idea for the bombs. That just seems incredibly risky at this point. Although, I want people to realize that if we come to an "agreed consensus" at this point in the game, it'll be *that* much easier for Mafia members to use it against us. Bomb claims should be dealt with as they come, reviewing the individual's in question actions in days past and reevaluating the situation. A generalized "contract" of sorts is such a sketchy idea.
Sorry if this seems like issues of the past, trying to catch up as I read along. ^_^
NEVER get lulled into a sense of security with people "being themselves" I recall a player named camo-man who played like a complete ****** and one time he was mafia...it was too easy for him to hide if I remember correctly. OS trying to break the game now and making a big mistake that significantly hurts the town is in my opinion kind of suspicious

when it comes to the shoot the bomb claimer idea, i can see the logic in it, I would not put it past the GF to sacrifice himself towards endgame to destroy a rewired claimed bomb (if he actually was bomb) to take out a crap load of townies, I recall Lost Mafia where I was mafia and claimed the pregnant women to get the real one to claim, it worked like a charm and the sacrifice helped lead to the mafia winning. However, idk what should be done if one were to claim, I think for now I'd take the approach of assuming no specific course of action and rather look at the persons actions rather than their claim and decide if they acted scummy

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Although Overswarm missing that rule was a bit of a *facepalm*, I think it was a legit mistake. After all, in a game this large it's near-guaranteed that someone would catch it (which then makes OS looks suspicious), so there would be little motive for either Town-OS or scum-OS to release the flawed plan on purpose. All in all, I think it's a null tell.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I like how everyone here thinks I'm either a klutz or an evil genius.

eauxlune

Smash Rookie
Wow, lots to catch up and so little time to post.

I'll try and cover more of what I want to say later, but for now excuse the fact that I'm posting in a rush.

I want to side more with safety, as flinging around bullets could possibly result in day 2 starting with 10 townies, but I have to waggle my finger of suspicion in the direction of OS solely due to the fact that he waited until role pms were announced to unveil is "game-breaking logic." I haven't played with you before, but (as I'm sure has been pointed out) if I read through your post, nitpicking the rules and then conveniently missing rules in such a way that puts town at an extreme disadvantage with your situation seems rather contradictory.

The voting system seems unnecessary in terms of pressure, since a decent number of people have insta-lynches, but I like it solely on the note that it gives bombs and townies a bit of leverage.

I'd put a vote on OS solely for pressuring purposes, but since I may not be able to post until later tonight, I don't want us jumping straight into a 3 hit gatling so early without a bit more scumhunting.

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
Day 1 - Bad Idea Mafia - Votecount
Overswarm - (3) Omni, Chaco, Ronike
Chuckie - (1) Chibo
Chacotaco (1) - Gheb

Not Voting: Rockin, Mentosman8, KevinM, Teemo, Nicholas1024, Xonar, Adumbrodeus, Overswarm, Thedocsalive, Chuckie, Meta-Kirby, McCloud, Ligolski, EaxLune

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

fyi, this is no way in an attempt for me to look like im contributing but not rly contributing. july the 4th weekend shizznicks and whatnot.

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
The voting system seems unnecessary in terms of pressure, since a decent number of people have insta-lynches, but I like it solely on the note that it gives bombs and townies a bit of leverage.

I'd put a vote on OS solely for pressuring purposes, but since I may not be able to post until later tonight, I don't want us jumping straight into a 3 hit gatling so early without a bit more scumhunting.
uh

dislike

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
That's a good point Omni, I'd missed that.

Vote: Eauxlune until we get an explanation.

Teemo

Smash Rookie
walking to Canada for delicious cheesecake

Selective reading will do that to you, Omni and Nicholas. Did you two read this part: "but I like it solely on the note that it gives bombs and townies a bit of leverage?"

He wasn't disavowing the vote process. That was a bad point against him, and an even worse parrot and vote by Nicholas.

M.K

Level 55
Nich sure does seem eager to be on the offensive at a weirdly early stage in the game. First claiming that claimed bombs should be shot-on-claim (cuz they're OBVIOUSLY mafia in disguise, amirite) and now this very quick mis-read parrot. (dyslexic parrot?) I don't likeeeeee.

Vote: Nich!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nich sure does seem eager to be on the offensive at a weirdly early stage in the game. First claiming that claimed bombs should be shot-on-claim (cuz they're OBVIOUSLY mafia in disguise, amirite) and now this very quick mis-read parrot. (dyslexic parrot?) I don't likeeeeee.

Vote: Nich!
What's wrong with being on the offensive? Pressuring people makes scum slip up. And it's not like we're in the RVS or anything. Admittedly, I made a mistake with the quick-vote, but I defy you to point out anything wrong with pressuring people.

M.K

Level 55
Meh, you really aren't "pressuring" as much as your just all over the place. You tried to impose a very risky heuristic earlier that I'm still not convinced that you are ready to give up. I'll forgive you for the quote above, but it DOES show that you're not reading carefully.

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
Selective reading will do that to you, Omni and Nicholas. Did you two read this part: "but I like it solely on the note that it gives bombs and townies a bit of leverage?"

He wasn't disavowing the vote process. That was a bad point against him, and an even worse parrot and vote by Nicholas.
you don't understand why i voted him then. lets read again:

unnecessary in terms of PRESSURE
I'd put a vote on OS SOLELY for PRESSURING purposes
so i didn't make that point because he was disvowing the voting process. it was the fact that he completely contradicted himself in less than two lines

Teemo

Smash Rookie
It's not a complete contradiction. He said it seems unnecessary because a decent number of people have insta-lynches, and then said he would do it to apply pressure but doesn't want an insta-lynch. I can see why it would catch your eye, but its easily explainable and not actually scummy. Its not the kind of contradiction that warrants any investigation. In fact, his explanation would probably just have you take off your 'vote' and go somewhere else.

Teemo

Smash Rookie
It doesn't change that all you're doing is talking about how you are overwhelmed by the rules and confused by the setup and you are going to let other people determine how you play.

Also, you mad? Yup, you pretty mad.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Meh, you really aren't "pressuring" as much as your just all over the place. You tried to impose a very risky heuristic earlier that I'm still not convinced that you are ready to give up. I'll forgive you for the quote above, but it DOES show that you're not reading carefully.
*shrug*
I'm usually a little scattered early-game until something catches my eye. Then I tunnel somewhat. It's how I play

ligolski

Smash Rookie
@Nicholas

personally I find jumpy suspicious, especially early game, now I've never played with you, but jumping to me reminds me of bandwagoning and then as soon as you're questioned you jump ship, like you just showed. You went on board a decent argument and as soon as one person said something you jumped off that to avoid pressure, to me that's a bit scummy

I'd like eaux to explain what he meant a bit more as well b/c at an initial read it is contradictory what he said, but as teemo said it is explainable, so lets her him explain

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nicholas, you deliberately tunnel? You do know that tunneling means you are going after someone at the expense of other information, including info that would clear them... right?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nicholas, you deliberately tunnel? You do know that tunneling means you are going after someone at the expense of other information, including info that would clear them... right?
Tunnel in that I mainly go after one or two players (not to say I ignore all other information). Just think of what I did with you and TPK in DBZ mafia, and you've got it.

eauxlune

Smash Rookie
While you are picking at what I said, I did have some pretty awful word choice since I was in a rush. Basically, what I should have said is that because we can insta-lynch, we could technically pressure by saying "Oh, I think you're scum, talk or I shoot," so voting really adds little extra in terms of pressure other than a bit of order and solidifying in lovely staunch bold text that "we're on to you."

Basically, sure, voting can pressure, but if you really want someone to talk, you probably have a gun. Much more effective way of getting someone to slip up, since the votes really don't amount to anything except pinpointing opinions.

The reason I said that I mentioned that I may, but didn't vote to "pressure" OS is simply making my opinion known that he seems fishy. I'd like if he actually spoke up about something other than his early game shenanigans and relatively low quality troll/flame posts, but I don't want a 3 kill wombo combo on day one.

I really don't see anyone else poking out as suspicious to this point, though. Nich seems to be a bit bandwagon-esque, but in my opinion it's a bit early in the game for one bandwagon/tunnelvision player to really be too much of a detriment to the flow of logic. That is, unless they get trigger happy, of course.

If any of this post can be nitpicked for my terrible use of the language and turned against me, then I'll just tip my hat and try to proof read better on an iPhone.

Nah, not mad
Obligatory Response:

Teemo

Smash Rookie
I thought about shooting Ronike. My hesitation comes from : a) its really early in the day b) sometimes i find Ronike scummy when he is town (Batmafia, Barhouse).

I haven't seriously thought about shooting anyone else.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Mostly an attitude problem. It reminds me of someone in a relationship getting defensive because they got caught.

That's just my perspective though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
How about this Gheb:

I shoot you before you shoot me, so that way toucan see if mine works and if it doesn't Im dead. But if you're wrong, you're dead. Sound good, cause Im sure as hell down.

Ronike

Smash Ace
As for why I haven't shot you (just gone back reading in depth, my birthday was yesterday so I've been busy), it may surprise you, but I do respect and value having you around. Your ability to break the game shows you have some intellect, obviously understand the game, and bring a different look at the game to the table. More than can be said of some.

But the doesn't mean I am willing to overlook such huge mistake that I don't think you would make.

Nor does it mean I have to enjoy your attempts to turn the game into a random number system.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
chaco you kinda got hella defensive just now

ronike i dont think you are defensive. i got weird vibes from you during the (legit but) pre-game discussion. ill elaborate on it later tonight, im taking a break from writing now.

**** im not on Teemo. oh well.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
I'm (Vanderzant) re reading the thread right now. I'll start by answering this question.

Everyone - What do you feel would be the best method to approching this day?
It's been beaten to death, but basically we play it like a normal mafia game. We treat random daykills as quick hammers (in that, they shouldn't happen) and try to eliminate them from occurring. We should decide on a daykill as a group. I think the use of a voting system is a good way to keep it organised.

Top Bottom