• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back to school, Back to Melee: Melee Tournament (Sept. 20th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I was going to make a post with just a smiley face for that... but I thought it would be excessive considering my avatar... so...

10avatar

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Corey's is slightly better. It's a marginal difference, but I can tell.
Than Omar? There is no margin or any question in my mind that Omar was the better Samus at least when Melee was still being played. Maybe Corey got better, who knows? Omar beat Butters more often and more decisively then Corey ever could. I saw the match. Corey barely beat Butters even though he was high as balls and was taken to Corneria. What a joke. Even Lucky commented that Omar was the best Samus at the tournament. Not to mention he placed higher.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120608&highlight=SAST

I could definitely be wrong, however. But I had never played a serious Samus player as easy to beat as Corey. Even when Omar sandbags, which is often, I struggle to take him to two stocks, and I remember three stocking Corey to a match he challenged me to. Then again, I did use Marth. No johns, right?

All Coreygames does is CC downsmash; just because you can't get past that doesn't mean that he is the best, Kosuke.

Although I am not sure why I'm arguing. We barely play Smash anymore, anyway. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse, but I know that this horse was never better than Toro.

btw, I admire what you're doing for the AZ Melee scene, Corey.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
... <_< Hm.

Well, I'll edit my testimony.
---
At the time of when I played both in a short time frame, Corey played better. I beat Omar's Samus consistently.

...You do provide evidence though, G-mo...Can't beat that...Unless Corey can prove that he has bettered his game since then?

We will all see at this tourney.

*ahem* *slams desk* *flash* bang*

The defense would like to suggest that both Corey and Omar MM in Samus dittos! 3 out of 5 set! Tourney stage selections!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
When was this time? If it was any time near or after Brawls release, your data is corrupted. Omar stopped playing Melee like a week before Brawl. He got really into Brawl.

10barlws

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hm, from the tourney Corey last held to some few weeks ago.
---
(Hey...He editted something else.)

I see. So wouldn't that make Corey the better player right now? Not that I don't have any disrepect for Omar. He's a really nice person in my eyes.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hm, from the tourney Corey last held to some few weeks ago.
---
(Hey...He editted something else.)

I see. So wouldn't that make Corey the better player right now? Not that I don't have any disrepect for Omar. He's a really nice person in my eyes.
My argument takes place when Melee mattered. Like I said Corey might have gotten better.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well, this is quite a mix-up. Of course, I won't deny what you said since you provided evidence to when Melee was more popular. Omar indeed played better.

But as of now, according to your testimony, it seems Corey is better.

Sorry about that, G-mo.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Than Omar? There is no margin or any question in my mind that Omar was the better Samus at least when Melee was still being played. Maybe Corey got better, who knows? Omar beat Butters more often and more decisively then Corey ever could. I saw the match. Corey barely beat Butters even though he was high as balls and was taken to Corneria.
Exaggerating much there *** hat?

I could definitely be wrong, however. But I had never played a serious Samus player as easy to beat as Corey.
Oh, and that's why I'm runner up on the power rankings? There are a lot of people that say I'm good over several other people that are there. Yeah, the PR are kinda a joke, but that shows that people that play me without trying to promote their friends say I'm good. Stop acting ridiculous. It makes you look like an *** and I also don't appreciate you putting me down in my own tournament thread that you are coming to.

Even when Omar sandbags, which is often, I struggle to take him to two stocks, and I remember three stocking Corey to a match he challenged me to. Then again, I did use Marth. No johns, right?
I got Forwards Marth down to 1 stock as my first friendly that day. But he doesn't play Marth does he? No johns.

All Coreygames does is CC downsmash; just because you can't get past that doesn't mean that he is the best, Kosuke.
Yeah, that's all I do. I don't even remember what you look like or who you played. You were that insignificant in my experience that day. I remember Hanki and Butters kicking our *** in teams. I remember facing Forward and getting him to 1 stock. I remember beating Gimpyfish. I remember fighting Nicknyte and having every game interrupted. I don't remember playing this jerk called Maxpower.

Although I am not sure why I'm arguing. We barely play Smash anymore, anyway. Maybe I'm beating a dead horse, but I know that this horse was never better than Toro.
>_>
I didn't laugh

btw, I admire what you're doing for the AZ Melee scene, Corey.
Then stop trying to be a ****ing *** to me every time I tried to do something! I go to a tournament, I come back and get called a "gay Casper." I try to hold a tournament, and everyone ****s off to Atomic Comics and tells me to move on. Now you are saying that I'm not good at the game, saying that someone I never met is better than me even though there are several people who disagree. You are an ***. If you want to show me how much you like what I'm doing, don't cut me down every time I do something. It makes the whole attempt hollow.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Mortal Kombat!

I'm broke these days Corey and I'm nub at melee so I'll MM you only 2 bucks if you're down.

CHUK

Smash Ace
lol zomg, this Toro vs Coreygames **** is back, and still funny. I think, in his prime, the best Samus was
Tajlolzzzzzzz

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I got Forwards Marth down to 1 stock as my first friendly that day. But he doesn't play Marth does he? No johns.

Yeah, that's all I do. I don't even remember what you look like or who you played. You were that insignificant in my experience that day. I remember Hanki and Butters kicking our *** in teams. I remember facing Forward and getting him to 1 stock. I remember beating Gimpyfish
I'm not taking sides or anything, but I'd like to point out
that Forward got high WITH Butters that day (to my knowledge), and since it was apparently early in the day, Forward was probably more deeply inebriated than Butters was during your MM with him.

p.s. Are you talking about Hanki and Butters playing teams in friendlies? Because Hanki teamed with Idaho that day.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
I'm not taking sides or anything, but I'd like to point out
that Forward got high WITH Butters that day (to my knowledge), and since it was apparently early in the day, Forward was probably more deeply inebriated than Butters was during your MM with him.
NO JOHNS

If he did do that, then it's Forwards fault and it doesn't change the fact that Corey beat him. hell I beat Taj in a tournament once. and i had ZERO sleep...no JOHNS.

Please stop with the whole "Corey/Omar/Kyne is the best samus" we'll just let the tournament decide...and chances are if we do that, there will be unneeded drama. East Valley say's im the best, tempe say's corey is the best(other than trent <3) and northern area(?) says Omar is.
how bout we all just play some friendlies between rounds(because the tournament will be who doesn't get paired against forward/wobbles etc"

Taj has the best Samus in AZ....prove me wrong

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
If he did do that, then it's Forwards fault and it doesn't change the fact that Corey beat him. hell I beat Taj in a tournament once. and i had ZERO sleep...no JOHNS.
Corey didn't beat him though :]

Please stop with the whole "Corey/Omar/Kyne is the best samus" we'll just let the tournament decide...and chances are if we do that, there will be unneeded drama. East Valley say's im the best, tempe say's corey is the best(other than trent <3) and northern area(?) says Omar is.
how bout we all just play some friendlies between rounds(because the tournament will be who doesn't get paired against forward/wobbles etc"
Truth.

Taj has the best Samus in AZ....prove me wrong
That's supposed to be understood. Competing for best Samus in AZ is actually just competing for second best Samus in AZ.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Exaggerating much there *** hat?
Nope.

Oh, and that's why I'm runner up on the power rankings? There are a lot of people that say I'm good over several other people that are there. Yeah, the PR are kinda a joke, but that shows that people that play me without trying to promote their friends say I'm good. Stop acting ridiculous. It makes you look like an *** and I also don't appreciate you putting me down in my own tournament thread that you are coming to.
Might come to. Might.

The PR were a joke. B-Will was on there for soo long.

I can do what I want on the internet; out of all people you should know this. I've seen you post on other threads and you're no Miss Congeniality. And if I remember correctly, you started this exchange of words when your previous tournament failed. I don't appreciate that.

Obviously, forward sucks.

Yeah, that's all I do. I don't even remember what you look like or who you played. You were that insignificant in my experience that day. I remember Hanki and Butters kicking our *** in teams. I remember facing Forward and getting him to 1 stock. I remember beating Gimpyfish. I remember fighting Nicknyte and having every game interrupted. I don't remember playing this jerk called Maxpower.
That's because there are three x's in my name and they're all capital. Also, the 'm' is lower case. And I was insignificant to you? The only reason I picked up Melee is for some white boy to acknowledge me. I have failed in my Melee career, as I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to please Coreygames, who writes excruciatingly long and sappy stories about how he beats people at his school.

I didn't laugh.
It wasn't a joke.

Corey, stop being so sensitive. This is the internet. I'm here to have some fuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnn.

10pokies

Corigames

Smash Hero
It's not fun when you are intentionally trying to cut me down. And all those other threads where I was being abrasive, were those people trying to revive a game everyone likes? Were they part of our community? Were they hosting the next big event for our little state? **** no. Those ****s are nothing. However, you are just ******* around saying this Toro guys is good, making quick jabs at my play style, and, generally, just dueching up this thread. Stop it. Either shut the **** up or get out. I don't want to have to put up with this **** on the day, and if this is how your going to act then just don't.

I want people to come. I want people to get back into Melee. I want to get competitive smash another push towards the good. People aren't going to do that if they are trying to orally murder each other over every single god ****ed tournament. Drop this stupid **** and play the ****ing game.

Plus, I think Taj and Waka (and also Wobbles probably) are all better than me or Toro. However, I do think I have improved and would like to play them all. So drop this until the 20th. And if you don't come, or at least he doesn't, then that means you chicken ****ted out. Game over. Either way, this stupid stuff is settled. Drop it until then and after then.

Back to tournament discussion please.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I want people to come. I want people to get back into Melee. I want to get competitive smash another push towards the good. People aren't going to do that if they are trying to orally murder each other over every single god ****ed tournament. Drop this stupid **** and play the ****ing game.
Lol holy crap, I forgot we were in the tourney thread.

I thought it was the AZ Thread or something.

p.s.

Jeff, I like Melee too.

A lot.

You should stay at my house.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I guess... I think I'll come.

Yeah! Good times.

Edit:

Also... who cares about internet opinions? Just show up and play--if you win, it shuts people up. If you don't, they were right, and you'll be glad you didn't say anything.

Take it from me, interbragging leads to heartbreak.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol Tai, you're awesome. and so are you, Tommy, for liking melee :p

i'm gonna give a special shoutout to coreygames for hosting this tourney. i know it's gonna be awesome! can't wait to come and see everyone. does anyone wanna MM?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I guess... I think I'll come.

Yeah! Good times.

Edit:

Also... who cares about internet opinions? Just show up and play--if you win, it shuts people up. If you don't, they were right, and you'll be glad you didn't say anything.

Take it from me, interbragging leads to heartbreak.
Omg Rob's coming to this.

ROOOOOOOOBBBBBBLEs

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
Might come to. Might.

That's because there are three x's in my name and they're all capital. Also, the 'm' is lower case. And I was insignificant to you? The only reason I picked up Melee is for some white boy to acknowledge me. I have failed in my Melee career, as I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to please Coreygames, who writes excruciatingly long and sappy stories about how he beats people at his school.
Wait....Is this "white boy" who I think it is? I would have never guessed the reason for why maXXXpower began playing.
Though if you are going..I would enjoy your company if I am capable of attending.
I loves Melee no matter how much I can't play it.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Wait....Is this "white boy" who I think it is? I would have never guessed the reason for why maXXXpower began playing.
Though if you are going..I would enjoy your company if I am capable of attending.
I loves Melee no matter how much I can't play it.
BRYAN!

TEAMS.

What's your cell number?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I remembered something that I had known about for a long time now.

(same thing)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
[21:43:13] rugoodat: how do i talk a kid out of commiting suicide
[21:44:22] xroflmaowtfx: who wants to commit suicide?
[21:44:31] rugoodat: a friends friend
[21:44:52] xroflmaowtfx: ....
[21:44:55] xroflmaowtfx: so in other words
[21:44:56] xroflmaowtfx: your friend
[21:44:59] rugoodat: kinda
[21:45:02] rugoodat: ive never met him
[21:45:06] rugoodat: but he always talks to me
[21:45:18] xroflmaowtfx: invite him to your house
[21:45:22] xroflmaowtfx: and play melee with him
[21:45:26] rugoodat: thats weird because
[21:45:29] rugoodat: HE LIVES IN CALI
[21:45:32] rugoodat: >_<