• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back to school, Back to Melee: Melee Tournament (Sept. 20th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
It should be obvious that everyone is waiting on the return of Melee here in AZ. So, I tired to hold a tournament to rectify that situation. However, no one came. I'm going to be moving away in October, and, as my last attempt to get the ball rolling, I'm holding a tournament. It will be a Melee only tournament.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament:

All day Saturday Sept. 20th

Our Friend's Apartment
(As of right now)
Address from Pheonix
Address from Tuscon
Address from SV
Apt #1038

Remember: THIS IS NOT OUR APARTMENT!!!
Be courteous. If he wants everyone to take off their shoes, do it. If he says no food, NO FOOD! His house, his rules.

Singles:
$5 entry fee

Doubles:
$10 entry fee (per team)

Double Elimination
Best 2/3 for all regular matches
Best 3/5 for finals
4 stock - 8 min. time limit
No items
Regular stages (don't make me list them >_>)

When the players sit down, they agree to strike one stage each from the initial random select. Then, they pick their characters simultaneously (no cheating... not like you won't though). Then random select.

You may not choose a stage that has already been played on once that match unless both players agree.

Loser chooses next stage. Winner then chooses character. Loser then picks character. Then you go to the chosen stage. Repeat until done.

Winnings will be decided after all of sign-ups are done.

Sign-ups for doubles will begin at 11:00 am
Sign-ups for singles will begin 4:00 pm

Bring your own controller!!! We have a couple, be we don't like to share.
We may have soda, and will probably share that, but that may not necessarily happen. So make sure to fuel up before we start (in other words, eat some **** or bring some ****). If you don't show up to your match within 5 minutes, you will forfeit the match. You suck for not paying attention or leaving.

No Brawl.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Where is it being held at? That's my big questions right now. I need RSVPs. I NEED to know how many people are coming to this. If it is 15 or less, then I'll do it out of our house. We can get a few TV's hooked up, a few cubes with smash and go at it. However, anymore than that and I need to start looking at places to hold this tournament. I have no clue where to do that or how to do that. If anyone knows a place I can get for free or cheap, TELL ME IMMEDIATELY!!! My basic plan is

15 =>
Out of the apartment. 3 TVs (one in Living room, one in kitchen, one on the porch or my room)

15 to 40
A small venue. 6 TVs (I'll need help finding a place. Something like an apartment rec room or a school that will let us rent out a room for a day. Something cheap)

And in the odd case of more than 40 people
Big venue. 10 TVs (I'll need to rent out a big place to serve as the hot spot for the day.)

If I end up having a venue fee, then it will probably be $5-10. I'll just take the venue cost divide by the number of RSVPs and make that the amount. The extra that comes out from people who didn't RSVP showing up will be given out as prize money.

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REGISTER TODAY!!!
(Just sign the thread or something >_> )

Register List:
Yes- 19 +1
SA-X
Ch405
AltF4
Mr. J
Dark
Light
Tai
Senor L
Axe
CHUK +1
VectorMan
KGA
Wakka, who is going to MM me
maXXXpower
Toro
OMG WOBBLES
Statistics
Northbound
Jar'd

Maybe- 8
Howdy
South Paw
rugoodat
gamerguitarist7
jet4
forward
tommy
cutmet
Shiva39
Iron Dragon

People Bringing ****:
Eric (venue owner) - 3 TVs + 2 Wiis
Trent and Me - 2 TVs + GC + Wii + 2 Games
Tai - GC + Game
KGA - Wii + game
Mr. J - GC + Game
AXE - GC + Game

What we have:
5 TVs
8 Systems
6 Games

Señor L

Smash Rookie
I'm willing to go, I need to see if I suck or not and to get some tips. =D

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
so if we can get some more info on dates and places where you are considering on where it would be held ie phoenix, tucson, whatever would be much appreciated ill try to make it down

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Does anyone want to play Melee with me this coming Wednesday?
Time: 12/1-ish to around 7-8
Place: ?

I have early release that day, and I don't want the day to go to waste, so I want to play Melee with someone.

This is in this thread because Melee players may choose to congregate here.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
5 Dollars? Sure, I'm down.

This is of course pending any possible school obligations. But I should be clear.

Are you and trent still at UAT, Corey?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hold it!

I suggest putting the date on the thread title to make this tourney look more established and refined.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Do you think it would be a problem to have TVs sitting on the front porch? It's covered and everything, but it's not the most private spot, and I'm not sure how tourny people feel about 12 Mexican kids running around screaming while they play their matches. Then again... no johns.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The defense would prefer it to be inside but does not mind 12 screaming Mexican kids.

(Man, that heat outside would be a problem too...)

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
VectorMan speaking..

SV will be coming: meaning Axe, Vectorman, Mr J. Guaranteed.. so please put my name on the list.. umm where is the tourney at do you know yet?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, my expected RSVP list is still under 15, so I would figure it to still be in our apartment. However, I am getting close to that critical mass number I expected. Yet, no one has suggested a place for me to hold it if it gets to that point. I have no clue where to even try to hold this. I would suggest the school, but they consider tournaments for money "gambling," and so it's barred from the school. I had the idea that we could all go to my house, put all the money in the pot there and then show up to the school with money in hand and call it "Prize Money" for the winners. But, that plan would probably fall on its face harder than calling Marth's Dair a Nitespike.

So, as of right now, still my apartment. Trust me, if that changes, I'll update it.

AXE 09

Smash Master
corygames, you still haven't answered our question:

what city is this tourney gonna be held in? phoenix? tucson? tempe? etc.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol it's alright. hmmmm... tempe, huh? that's gonna be hard to get to... but i'll still find a way to make it, no problem

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey, guys.

Anyone wanna team with me?

I'm a pretty good Marth/Fox.

If not, I'll have to team with Kosuke and get juggled in the middle of my combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom