• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back to school, Back to Melee: Melee Tournament (Sept. 20th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Although I shouldn't speak for them at all, I think Goop and Trevyn and them MIGHT go..

Just a possibility.

AXE 09

Smash Master
dude, i wanna mm too. so bad lol

by the way, Vectorman and Mr. J are going 100% sure. i'm like a 75% sure (it depends if they'll take my request off work, most likely yes). and also, masta deltron (aka blackknight aka Carlton), and Joey (aka Yeah!) and Turnip Tosser might come too

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Wait, Sean's coming?

Sean as in... Sean Forward B?

Sean as in... the guy who showed his **** to the world?

As in.. the guy that didn't beat DSF at AZOTS?

:]

p.s.

I know like, three people that MIGHT come.

Add that to your tentative list.

AXE 09

Smash Master
vectorman speaking.. Im not sure if Sean B is coming but no J means Sean F. A peach player from sierra vista

AXE 09

Smash Master
Vectorman and Axe request a low-tier tournament too please if there is enough time in the day to have one ^^

EDIT: Vectorman wants to MM anyone too por favor anyone?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The defense would also like to suggest that someone record the matches!

(At least the important ones...!)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ok, I've got some stuff to say, so listen up:

4 am on Sunday morning, our apartment was flooded. The people above us left their water running for hours (or something like that) and ended up ruining our apartment. so, we moved. So, as my first order of business, if you want to hang with Trent or me, out new apt. # is 1146

Next, I have a venue. I have a friend who just moved in to a new apartment with another friend of mine. It's big enough to support 4+ and they have no furniture or anything. So, we can easily fit 30 people in this place and be fine. However, of course, we are going to need TVs and cubes, so I need to start a list of people packing them :D We want to have 6 or more. We have 2 TVs with a GC and Wii and two copies of smash, he has a TV and Wii and smash, so we need at least 3 more combos. HALP! (PS, he is getting 10% of the overall pot for hosting our nerdy, sweaty, gamer *****) I'll update the OP with new directions on how to get to his apartment. It's still in Tempe, so it's not that different, about a mile away from our apartment.

I don't know how long it is going to take to do Teams and Singles. It could end up taking all day. We are already using someone else' house, so I don't want to intrude late into the night. Like I said though, his house is only a mile away from ours. So, if you want to do more, then I think our house is open. This will also filter out the people that are spent and they can leave. I don't think we have enough people from the same crews for real crew matches, but we could pull names out of a hat and make crews... and I don't think so to the low tier tourny >_>

Also, for you long-distance guys, I think we can house about 4 people in our house. So if there is a group of you that wants to wait to leave Sunday morning, just ask.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I've got some stuff to say, so listen up:

4 am on Sunday morning, our apartment was flooded. The people above us left their water running for hours (or something like that) and ended up ruining our apartment. so, we moved. So, as my first order of business, if you want to hang with Trent or me, out new apt. # is 1146

Next, I have a venue. I have a friend who just moved in to a new apartment with another friend of mine. It's big enough to support 4+ and they have no furniture or anything. So, we can easily fit 30 people in this place and be fine. However, of course, we are going to need TVs and cubes, so I need to start a list of people packing them :D We want to have 6 or more. We have 2 TVs with a GC and Wii and two copies of smash, he has a TV and Wii and smash, so we need at least 3 more combos. HALP! (PS, he is getting 10% of the overall pot for hosting our nerdy, sweaty, gamer *****) I'll update the OP with new directions on how to get to his apartment. It's still in Tempe, so it's not that different, about a mile away from our apartment.

I don't know how long it is going to take to do Teams and Singles. It could end up taking all day. We are already using someone else' house, so I don't want to intrude late into the night. Like I said though, his house is only a mile away from ours. So, if you want to do more, then I think our house is open. This will also filter out the people that are spent and they can leave. I don't think we have enough people from the same crews for real crew matches, but we could pull names out of a hat and make crews... and I don't think so to the low tier tourny >_>

Also, for you long-distance guys, I think we can house about 4 people in our house. So if there is a group of you that wants to wait to leave Sunday morning, just ask.

Sucks about the apartment :urg: but good to see you guys got a new place quickly.

Anyways, Change my "maybe...maybe" to a "yes if i don't have something come up on that day(or possibly the day before...gotta get some practice in)"

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
This sounds like it will be awesome, even if I won't be. Playing with you on monday showed me what not thinking or playing or watchign melee for months can do to a guy XD

Since I don't know where it is, if you could just help me from the school I can definitely come. (Probably even bring a TV/Wii, depending on what TV I get. No roommate still, so I'll probably go out to Fry's and get one before the week is done. I want to watch my Saturday Night Anime...)

Corigames

Smash Hero
NO, for the sole reason that I think that invading our not-too-into-smash friend's apartment. If we are going to do crews, it will be at ours just down the street. This way, he can get his house back and the people that want to go can leave and we can see who is left to play crews, MM, friendlies, ect.

I also have my Wii with Mario Kart 64... for MK64 MMs.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Corey, we must play then.

Jackie, you and I will play Pokemon Puzzle League on my Wii, PLEASE!

And...Maybe I'll play Star Fox 64 or Puyo Puyo with anyone. >_>

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely come to say hello and play some friendlies. I won't enter mainly because I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MONEY< <<<< right now.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Corey, we must play then.
$5 MM?

I will most likely come to say hello and play some friendlies. I won't enter mainly because I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MONEY< <<<< right now.
You have to lose before you can gain. No one that ever took a chance didn't eat it one time or another. And, at least if you pay on this one, it's only $5. there will be plenty of great players here, all friends, and it's Melee.

Plus, some people from my school (the ones that just moved here that think they are the **** but have never actually been to a tourny/played good people) are coming. LOLOLOLOL free $$$

fark

Smash Apprentice
Consider this post one of the RSVP variety.

That goes for Toro as well, who does, in fact, exist.
toro would be the only reason for me to go to this
just to see what the people who denied his existence do when he ***** them
thats if he tries and stops that who i dont care attitude

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Toro/Omar exists. And he's a good Samus.

I currently have no stance on who's better out of Omar and Corey, but I will say that Corey is also a good Samus.

I'd actually love to see them decide who's better (because Samus dittos will be super boring)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Corey, do you have a computer equipped with XP that you will be using at this tourney?

If so, I can bring my Gamebridge.

You know, to record important matches and such.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice

I currently have no stance on who's better out of Omar and Corey, but I will say that Corey is also a good Samus.

I'd actually love to see them decide who's better (because Samus dittos will be super boring)
now where am I in this equation???

Corigames

Smash Hero
We have a gamebridge and a computer already, but we don't have a switch box... so the input lags like crazy. If you have a swirch box, or two, then yes.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'll bring my Y-splitters and the coupler + RCA cables then.

p.s. What's the crew ruleset if crews actually happens?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Jackie, you and I will play Pokemon Puzzle League on my Wii, PLEASE!
Fo sho. I only played Tetris Attack and the version for DS but I should warm up quickly. I can rack up the 20x chains pretty often.

The Tucson crew has a fair chance of coming. Forward, GG7, a couple others and I may coming courtesy of my lil' 2-door Civic.

Dook, Captain Falcon is the wise choice. You'll never regret that decision. There can never be too many knees. Even if a lot of people play Falcon, Falcon dittoes are more fun than any other. No bull**** laser wars. Just good ol' fashion ****.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Fo sho. I only played Tetris Attack and the version for DS but I should warm up quickly. I can rack up the 20x chains pretty often.

The Tucson crew has a fair chance of coming. Forward, GG7, a couple others and I may coming courtesy of my lil' 2-door Civic.

Dook, Captain Falcon is the wise choice. You'll never regret that decision. There can never be too many knees. Even if a lot of people play Falcon, Falcon dittoes are more fun than any other. No bull**** laser wars. Just good ol' fashion ****.
Laser wars are the only dumb part of Falco dittos.

The rest is retardedly fun.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

I've played both. Omar, when he played Melee, was the best Samus Main in AZ. I've played all Samus mains. Joe would be the closest one in skill to Toro.

I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm pretty sure I'm a Samus-fighting expert.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
samus pwns........I <3 Samus extra lotz...

sorry joey.. vectorman speaking xD.. SMASH! MELEE... need more melee topics in the sv section go there now.. ^^ xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom