• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B&B! Zero Suit General Discussion

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I figured out short hop into lazer and short hop into nair on her recently and my matches are getting more interesting. It's nasty how fast she puts the latter out O.O
Yeah I'll agree, a lot of times if I have space between me and the opponent from dashdancing or just a bad read I'll throw out an uncharged lazer and proceed to get back in. If they don't get hit it can create a frametrap, if they're good at PS I shorthop into waveland whatever, and if they do get hit it leads to a combo.

indyrenegade

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'll agree, a lot of times if I have space between me and the opponent from dashdancing or just a bad read I'll throw out an uncharged lazer and proceed to get back in. If they don't get hit it can create a frametrap, if they're good at PS I shorthop into waveland whatever, and if they do get hit it leads to a combo.
Combos on her are fun; plus she's fast and she covers the stage very well- if you're moving with your opponent, like dancing, you can just follow with nairs and bairs all over the place while jumping with them, which is easing me into shorthopping those moves. How's your recovery game with her?

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Combos on her are fun; plus she's fast and she covers the stage very well- if you're moving with your opponent, like dancing, you can just follow with nairs and bairs all over the place while jumping with them, which is easing me into shorthopping those moves. How's your recovery game with her?
I actually rarely have any trouble, on occasion I'll play someone really good at edgeguarding and have to mix up, but most of the time down+b to side/up+b is all I need. Combine that with mixups to get onto stage and you're golden. I always try and save my jump if I can help it, but I'm also not afraid to jump out of down+b if I have a bad feeling or the opponent is doing something I don't agree with.

indyrenegade

Smash Cadet
I actually rarely have any trouble, on occasion I'll play someone really good at edgeguarding and have to mix up, but most of the time down+b to side/up+b is all I need. Combine that with mixups to get onto stage and you're golden. I always try and save my jump if I can help it, but I'm also not afraid to jump out of down+b if I have a bad feeling or the opponent is doing something I don't agree with.
My only issues with getting back is if I sometimes put out her side b or up b too late or too close to the stage, and the tether never connects, so it costs her a stock.

Did you know you can approach the side of a stage (ones like Warioware) and if you're really far down, you can use her spin jump to roll up the side of the stage? That'll get you about halfway up, then you can connect to the ledge with her tether.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Well see I played Sheik in brawl, so her tether distance feels so generous to me. I think I've only died once or twice from that issue, and yeah I usually just down+b>walljump>Up+b. if the walljump wasn't enough you can always jumpboost the Up+b.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
As fun as this character is... What is it with me and Up-B lately? I seem to be consistently messing those up. Like, I'll tether to the stage and then I press down on the analog stick.

Last edited:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I do that a lot when I'm trying to go too fast. Just slow down and make sure that you tether reel completely before pressing things. That is unless you are doing untether/retether stuff.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yes. If you drop down from your tether, and then upB again. It's a bit more dangerous/difficult than other tether characters because ZSS falls faster than Ivy, and every other tether character has the benefit of actually having an upB.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
True, but I suppose it's a nice little trick that us Zamus player have.

Your mileage will vary with what I said...

?.?

Smash Journeyman
So quick question, is her sideB not ccable? Friend was complaining that it wasn't.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It most definitely is CCable. Since it's a multi hit actually, if you are grounded and get hit by either the first or second "multihit" portion of the attack, then you can indefinitely crouch cancel those hits and shield before the final sideB hit comes out. In addition, pretty much every character can CC the last hit (the one that matters) until at least mid %s. I have seen DDD CC sideB at like 60%.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
It most definitely is CCable. Since it's a multi hit actually, if you are grounded and get hit by either the first or second "multihit" portion of the attack, then you can indefinitely crouch cancel those hits and shield before the final sideB hit comes out. In addition, pretty much every character can CC the last hit (the one that matters) until at least mid %s. I have seen DDD CC sideB at like 60%.
Oh... that's actually really good info to know.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm not actually sure if it's indefinitely long, and there are a lot of factors that might make it happen a lot longer. For some reason that I don't know, jump squat affects similar situations like being able to CC-> shield Squirtle's initial dsmash hits. Weight and fall speed might impact how long the initial sideB hits can be CC->shielded as well. I have had Wolf CC->shield at well over 100% though vs sideB. Due to it's startup, endlag, and the fact that grounded sideB is clankable, there are severe drawbacks to using it excessively in my opinion.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I usually don't, I stick to grab setups and as soon as I think I've conditioned them enough I'll throw out a sideB because I know that spotdodge is coming.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You mean someone being hit during Jump squat might still be able to CC or something?

Last edited:

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
i used to rely on side B a lot as a spacing tool (Brawl habit) and it caught everyone off guard at first...

now they shield it/CC it and i get wrecked if i use it too much.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
For some reason that I don't know, jump squat affects similar situations like being able to CC-> shield Squirtle's initial dsmash hits. Weight and fall speed might impact how long the initial sideB hits can be CC->shielded as well. I have had Wolf CC->shield at well over 100% though vs sideB.
I don't know why. I have been told that for instance, only 4 frame jump squat characters and lower can SDI into the ground/CC->Shield Diddy's first hit fsmash before the second hit. If you have a 5 frame jumpsquat or higher and get hit by the first hit of Diddy FSmash, then the second hit will automatically connect basically. It is the same with Squirtle DSmash, and I assume ZSS sideB. There are probably a plethora of multihit moves that function similarly as well. Those are the only moves that I can think of though.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
that sounds weird as hell, who knew jump squat affected other factors when you don't even jump

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
so what you are saying is that characters like bowser who have longer than the standard 4 frame landing lag have a slower CC in general? what other characters have longer landing lags?

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of platform shield drops, shield drop up airs are great. Escapes pressure and can totally turn the tables. Especially since downward hitting aerials seem to often lose or trade with upward hitboxes.

Also, it's been 3 weeks since I've last played and turns out I literally can't waveland properly on platforms for **** now. My vanilla WD is still consistent, but i seriously keep on airdodging through the platforms or land and then spotdodge.
Is their a trick that I forgot?

Ugh my tech skillz went from good to playing smash wearing mittens.

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Speaking of platform shield drops, shield drop up airs are great. Escapes pressure and can totally turn the tables. Especially since downward hitting aerials seem to often lose or trade with upward hitboxes.

Also, it's been 3 weeks since I've last played and turns out I literally can't waveland properly on platforms for **** now. My vanilla WD is still consistent, but i seriously keep on airdodging through the platforms or land and then spotdodge.
Is their a trick that I forgot?

Ugh my tech skillz went from good to playing smash wearing mittens.
Don't worry man, us smash players all have good and bad days. Just gotta keep digging and carrying that weight.

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
It'll probably come back after some practice, just a little frustrating.

Quick question about the SH fastfall auto cancel Up-air, do I want to do a rising Uair ASAP after jump then fastfall at peak of jump? Or should I ff late/on hit?

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Just getting more involved in the ZSS PM boards. Since I'm pretty sure I'm the best ZSS in Florida by now.
Me too actually, I'm hooked on both her and Snake right now.

EDIT: Forgot to ask something: How come she's got trouble against Fox/Falco? Seems like (in Oro's hands at least) they're not so bad. Fox slighlty less so, because he doesnt have lasers that can stop a tanker right in it's tracks.

Last edited:

Axrz

Smash Apprentice
Me too actually, I'm hooked on both her and Snake right now.

EDIT: Forgot to ask something: How come she's got trouble against Fox/Falco? Seems like (in Oro's hands at least) they're not so bad. Fox slighlty less so, because he doesnt have lasers that can stop a tanker right in it's tracks.
Their neutral games are just better. It's difficult to win neutral against them, and when you do, it's very difficult to get something started since you don't have anything guaranteed until mid percents. Falco can just shoot lasers and make it hard to do anything, while fox can run away and laser forever since his projectile is full-screen and ZSS' isn't.

Top Bottom