• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Standard stage list

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Why isn't there one? Has it ever been attempted? If so, why did it fail? If not, should there be a standard stage list for majors?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Gee, now I wonder what brought this thread on. ;)

The problem is a standardised stage list would mean that everyone would have to agree on stages.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Should at least try to hammer out starters so people can get consistency at every major

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Hey Summoner i liked your idea and made a thread about it_ It does bring the questions you asked to light as to why there isn't some kind of agreement nationally_ :/

True Romance

Smash Ace
This is an extremely good idea on so many levels.

Top players from each state form a panel and get **** done.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Best tournament organisers would be better than the best players, imo.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I don't necessarily agree that because a player is good that they have a great understanding or care for the metagame_ Also take into consideration egos_ They're out there, watching us, floating about the place_

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That, plus there's also people not wanting to make decisions that might limit their own sucess. M2K goes balistic over any discussion about MK being banned simply because he doesn't want his character being banned, and acts rather similar about rules such as LGL's, ect that would limit him.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Best tournament organisers would be better than the best players, imo.
I strongly disagree.

However you don't nessecarily need only top players on the panel. It really should be state representatives. Whether that's by vote or what ever.

No matter what any one says I'll always be of the opinion that good players understand the game's mechanics in a more complete way then poor players. I'm not saying that good tournament organisers shouldn't be considered for the panel but just to flat out say they'd be better then people who know the game indepth is wrong.

I LAG

Smash Lord
imo we should follow the example of hunter valley by playing ONLY ON SMASHVILLE BECAUSE ITS SOO ****Ing neutral

Trillest

Smash Ace
Good **** summoner I've suggest this a few times(in perth thread yo!) but my severe almost life threatening apathy prevents me from acting on it.

i.e. Lets get it done peoples. I suggest using the power ranking committee of each state or electing a group small group of 3/5 to talk with other states about the Australian standard stage list (ASSL)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pretty sure that we should be always playing mario only final destination, most even stage ever, and the only counter pick is battlefield

Dekar289

Smash Hero
k guys um
tournament organizers organize and run the tournament
try to understand that

Top Bottom