• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Maybe i'm just going in there at the wrong time. '3' The pika's are nice guys but everytime I go to check on it they're either talking about pony things, furrie things, or some combination of the two.

Its not like that all the time, but I flee from those boards when stuff like that goes down. >w>

And naaaah~
I'm happy with this place~ This is like, my interweb home now~ <3 I just don't have enough time to go and visit any other boards. :< But i'm glad I have this place. :3

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Watch Kirby's jumps.

Know what challenges his BAir. If you are both going to hit each other FAir is bad. UAir covers your whole body at least.

Don't rush in carelessly at low %s. If he does grab and UAir... Watch out for FSmash.

Do not recover low.

You can DAir him out of copy.

A lot of this matchup is trying to be above the other character (unless if at low %, where you are both trying to combo each other). One of the advantages we have is we have a projectile that can punish landings too.

On paper it looks like clearly our advantage... but his air speed and multi jumps bait so well.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Maybe i'm just going in there at the wrong time. '3' The pika's are nice guys but everytime I go to check on it they're either talking about pony things, furrie things, or some combination of the two.

Its not like that all the time, but I flee from those boards when stuff like that goes down. >w>

And naaaah~
I'm happy with this place~ This is like, my interweb home now~ <3 I just don't have enough time to go and visit any other boards. :< But i'm glad I have this place. :3

Agreed; I like this place a lot. :)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Watch Kirby's jumps. agreed

Know what challenges his BAir. If you are both going to hit each other FAir is bad. UAir covers your whole body at least.

nair is alright sometimes too, adding to this, if he's falling with bair this advice is valid, but if he's blatantly baiting your upwards movements theres a spacing where fair hits his foot and doesn't end with a trade.

In general if they're spacing out with bair you want to hit the foot instead of kirby himself, ussually.

Don't rush in carelessly at low %s. If he does grab and UAir... Watch out for FSmash.

Do not recover low.

You can DAir him out of copy.

A lot of this matchup is trying to be above the other character (unless if at low %, where you are both trying to combo each other). One of the advantages we have is we have a projectile that can punish landings too.

not touching this, generally true.

On paper it looks like clearly our advantage... but his air speed and multi jumps bait so well.

agreed, annoying match-up zzz

Just the ramblings of someone that got out of pools to go 0-2 in bracket,

don't mind me.

Just doing my duty by staying free :)

why do I try to compete when I can't practice at all

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Pools

0-2 Ajax

0-2 Fox16

2-0 ____

2-0 ____

Bracket

2-1 JonT

0-2 Table

falling into dem baits man.

I think I need to learn how to punish short hop tornado too

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yea, I laugh anytime someone uses it at high percent, since no one expect the lucario ***** slap to hit, or send them so far.

Siiigh. Forcepalm would be a lot cooler if it stunned the opponent like in the game. A free follow up would totally make it more viable. =w=

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
It's still better than Mewtwo's disable which did what you're describing but w/o enough stun for a free hit that was any good.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Force Palm's biggest problem imo is that it's incredibly unsafe, and the command grab hitboxes have lol range.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Force Palm's biggest problem imo is that it's incredibly unsafe, and the command grab hitboxes have lol range.
I'm lucky to not get hit if I miss.

I shorten my chain grabs to only about 3-4 grabs now and finssh off the chain grab with F-smash or aura's sphere (If its charged)

btw is that a smart thing to do?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have no idea; I don't main Lucario. *shrug*

When I play Lucario I punish everything with Aura Sphere.

'Oh no! Ganon is about to Warlock Punch me! An F-smash would be the most appropriate punish, but I think I'll just Aura Sphere. Again.'

Top Bottom