• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm wondering when it'll come full circle. It all started with Zelda.
Funny enough, I haven't touched any of the high or top tier characters. :applejack:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Bronies are furries though. They like talking animals that act human-like. How is that not furry?

The bare-bones definition of furry is basically adding human-like traits to animals (or inanimate objects).

Browny

Smash Hater
Having a brain capable of the same thought processes as humans (such as empathy, jealously) can be enough. The mlp characters faces are based off human's anyway with a tiny snout, eyes on the front of the face etc.

:phone:

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
To anybody who may be laughing about having a tea kettle fursona here is a picture of me in costume with somebody I met at Kettle-con 2010

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Having a brain capable of the same thought processes as humans (such as empathy, jealously) can be enough.
This.

That's why there are some of the furry fanbases out there that will argue the furry legitimacy of the Brave Little Toaster.
He's not furry, but he's technically "furry". It's just a matter of whether or not you use "furry" as a blanket term, or an adjective.

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone in here though. :applejack:

Browny

Smash Hater
Espy you often cite these 'examples' of people stretching the definition to inanimate objects. Prove it, I have never seen anything which agrees with what you are saying.

You are mixing up the terms anthropomorphic, and furry. A talking toaster is 100% anthro, but 'furry' explicitly refers to animals. I draw a big fat line between the two, when an anthro object has 0 animal traits, but has human traits, its completely not 'furry'.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Furry panels at anime conventions. I have witnesses who have experienced it with me. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
To anybody who may be laughing about having a tea kettle fursona here is a picture of me in costume with somebody I met at Kettle-con 2010

9/10, lost a point because the kettle costume wasn't sparkling clean.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Having a brain capable of the same thought processes as humans (such as empathy, jealously) can be enough.
So monkeys, cattle, crows and dolphins to name a few of the many animals that show thought/emotion irl (traits which can easily be depicted in a cartoon) are furry whatchamacallits?

That's not enough.

Browny

Smash Hater
Im talking about higher level functions, things that we can do to override our instincts at will, which animals cant do. Find me a hungry animal which would turn down food, because it wants to save room for dessert.

Its reasonably clear when a cartoon animal crosses that line of thought capability, as soon as they cease to act like animals, but like humans instead, theyre anthro. On that note, you can refer to them as 'anthros'

D

Deleted member

For the good things? Like what?

He's always seemed like an "along for the ride" character for me.

Top Bottom