• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Wait... who uses FSmash when so many other, safer, and more economic options exist? Examples are when you're in a high pressure situation, you can use that breathing space to charge up an Aurasphere, or in other cases you can use tilts and jabs to set up grabs.

I just don't FSmash unless it's a vulnerable recovering opponent, i.e., Snake.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I mean, ESPY's in it right? (jk i love you uncle Espy)

wait so Luc ftilt up > snake nair?

snake's nair give me more trouble than it should
Snake nair loses to like 80% of disjointed hitboxes and then some.

the risk to reward/option as a mixup is invaluable to snake though, even if he doesn't get all the hits in, FF/forcing them to get out is a good tool to work with for getting back

unfortunately, there are a couple of attacks that can hit snake in the third hit of nair, namely stuff like MK dair... (timing's strict though)

Steam

Smash Hero
Yeah some snake didnt ban japes on me so I camped really gayly on the right hand platform with my 60% lead. Nair shield pressured me off though :(

prolly should have bair'd or Ftilted

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Lol. DJ made the bbr thread his ***** XDDD

btw guys, I had to make this project which was supposed to be a profile of a person who i thought was awesome.

after being unable to find Milln on teh internetz ( lolbait), and having Macgyver disqualified since he's fictional, i settled on Bill Nye after some discussion with Alex.

However, after coming to school i found at least 8 people did the same thing >.>

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
omg guys looking through old threads and nostalgia hit me but then I found this

Tallen said:
1. Lucario's first punch (backhanded one) is really similar to La (the same move: advancing with the back of the left hand) with the exception that Lucario's jab is directed to the body (no doubt to damage the opponent) while in kung-fu La is used to disrupt the attacker by directing it to his head and making him open his guard for the next attack:

2. Lucario's second jab attack is the EXACT same as Cheung-nan-choi (or the panther's paw): lightning quick and directed to the ribs of the offender for serious damage (or the head, directed at the eyes to impair the opponent's view). in fact a standard advanced combo is exactly using La to make the opponent open his guard in the stomach to follow up with the panther's paw.

3. Lucario's third attack (the kick) could be any martial arts kick in the world, but it still reminds of kung-fu's straight kick, with the similarity that both Luc's and kung-fu's kick is to push the opponent away instead of dealing damage (though Louie does both at the same time). This is ALSO chained to La and panther's paw, though rarely used because there are better attacks to finish. (my personal favorite is chat-gum: a strong pushing motion with the right hand to make the opponent lose his breath in battle, do it properly and he won't be able to breathe properly for one full minute =3)
pure curiosity, I know, but still fun =D
Sounds like jab jab Fsmash almost, almost.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Too bad Lucario's second Jab is the weakest move he has next to AS Charge and Pummel...

Also, guys please help me keep the Singles Thread active.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I mean, ESPY's in it right? (jk i love you uncle Espy)
You know, normally I'd just laugh it off, and accept that you were kidding. I still do, actually.
But kidding or not, I've gotten variations of this so many times in the last few months, that now I'm legitimately pissed off.

I'm serious. What the hell is wrong with some people?

Whatever, just don't joke around about that. I'd appreciate it.

Steam

Smash Hero
You know, normally I'd just laugh it off, and accept that you were kidding. I still do, actually.
But kidding or not, I've gotten variations of this so many times in the last few months, that now I'm legitimately pissed off.

I'm serious. What the hell is wrong with some people?

Whatever, just don't joke around about that. I'd appreciate it.
mad saltah in here

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I know I would.

too bad I have no fruits of my efforts to speak of.

or to be made fun of except for lack of there for

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Guys my 90 days probation at work is almost up, so I gotta figure out where to travel for smash, and where to travel just for the hell of it.

Basically, I don't know where to go first, and dont IM me for suggestions, it must be posted in here. Soooooo.....begin with the suggestions mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NOW!
Madison/Milwaukee/Anywhere in Illinois/Wisconsin.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
lmao. ****. the Callout.

Im sad I wont be meeting you at Apex.
I'm not even half as sad about missing the tournament as I am about not being able to meet you and Ksizzle.

And Junebug and Trela and Lee Martin too...

I don't think I'll ever get another chance like that. =((((

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You mean like you do to X?
Psh, I don't belittle X. He *****.
I belittle those he loses to.

Besides, that is completely different. It'd be stupid if anyone tried to say anything to X. Everything just bounces off of the guy like rubber.

Also, I'm over it already. S'good.

Top Bottom