• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

August 1-2, 2009 Atlanta, Ga. (South East Battles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
wait
when the hell is all this **** starting
i didn't see a start time in the op so i figured it was starting at the normal 2pm time

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
still iso brawl teammie =(

now that i don't have tong holding me back i can finally win teams!
come on guys i'm good - really!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i am 99% sure i will be there with a full set up of brawl.
does anyone not have a teammate?

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
everyone try to come in 10am so we can get our setups straightened out.
I hope I see everyone there at SEB that sign up. Remember if you are going to bring a set up please be there between 10am-12 noon. At 12:01pm the deal is off unless we need the set up badly. We can hold up the tournament by waiting on people to get there to waba.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
everyone try to come in 10am so we can get our setups straightened out.
Cool beans sir. What is your real name "tag name" : city/state= games entering at the tournament?

I hope I see everyone there at SEB that sign up. Remember if you are going to bring a set up please be there between 10am-12 noon. At 12:01pm the deal is off unless we need the set up badly. We can hold up the tournament by waiting on people to get there to waba.

P.S.- I just got a new computer and it won't let me use the multiquote option, so don't ban me please. I'm not spamming the site. I'm just trying to answer people questions. Stupid dell computer!:mad::confused::psycho:

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
wait
when the hell is all this **** starting
i didn't see a start time in the op so i figured it was starting at the normal 2pm time
2pm is the starting time, but if everyone gets here early we can start early if people want to. Team tournament should run fast if everyone get's their teams READY before 2pm!!

again the multiquote button doesn't work on my new computer. Sorry guys, but I have to answer questions 1 by 1.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Cool beans sir. What is your real name "tag name" : city/state= games entering at the tournament?

Name: Vahe C
Duluth, GA
Tag: Dynomite! or Dyno!
Game: Super smash brothers singles/ doubles ( if i find a partner in time)
Set up: Wii/cables/20something inch TV. (i hope that waves the door fee)

Umby

Smash Master
Who all is bringing Pokemon TCG cards besides Dyno? I know 4Leaf expressed interest if he shows up. For anyone who does bring them, I might suggest MMs.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Who all is bringing Pokemon TCG cards besides Dyno? I know 4Leaf expressed interest if he shows up. For anyone who does bring them, I might suggest MMs.
ill do some MMs, although you know my deck but oh well, i love the game <3

name your rules.

Umby

Smash Master
ill do some MMs, although you know my deck but oh well, i love the game <3

name your rules.
Standard textbook stuff. I don't know what (if any) cards are banned in standard play, so no restrictions there. 6 prizes.

I know your deck, but I have pretty low damage output overall since I focused mostly on structure. You'll do fine.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Standard textbook stuff. I don't know what (if any) cards are banned in standard play, so no restrictions there. 6 prizes.

I know your deck, but I have pretty low damage output overall since I focused mostly on structure. You'll do fine.
uh, mm rules? 1 match? 2/3? 3/5? how much green do you want to end up with at the end?

btw, bring damage counters, i have none :(

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I've heard you ain't too bad, if you're interested.....
The mighty Tong is out of state atm =( (OH WAIT THIS IS ACTUALLY GOOD NEWS TONG SUX)

I beat him with my Jigglypuff vs. his Kirby (in Brawl)
We were drunk
Then I did it again sober

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Name: Tim D. Zimmer
Tag: Desu!
Game: Brawl Singles / Doubles. Possibly BlazBlue.
Setup: Wii / Brawl Bros / TV.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't see that on the OP, and I already made plans with my parents to show up there around 1:45-2:00ish because I assumed that WABA was still going to open at the normal time and all, you think you can make an exception? Player-3 doesn't have enough money to come unless I split the discount with him, and I'm not sure if I can rearrange everything that fast, but I can try my best to be there sooner

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'm prolly late on this but i just found out i can make it.

Name: Mike
Tag: Mike G
Game: Melee doubles possibly singles
Setup: Gamecube set up/TV

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
2/3 for $5 is fine. I have plenty of damage counters and 5 or 6 coins.
uh, a little less amount wouldnt kill my wallet as bad. lol.
lets say about $3?

@Elliot: ok then i guess its settled. we will talk about stages/character pick and the little things that make a diffrence when we get there. im pretty sure i know who u are :)

Player-3

Smash Hero
ill be there with p1

hopefully before noon for the discount
otherwise i might not show

dont feel like spending 20 dollars on brawl

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Im gonna leave sonnish to come to this. Im gonna be brining 2 full setups with me

Player-3

Smash Hero
anybody wanna team at last minute?

ill play snake and ftilt alot

im leaving now so get at me at waba if you feel like teaming
<3

Rayku

Smash Lord
I can't go either. ZOM~B never got back to me if he could drive or not. I also have no ride otherwise.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Brawl results from what I know:

doubles:
1. Player-1 beats Desu (Player-1 and Desu)
2. Dynolicious (Dynomite and Billy)
3. Lambchops and PB&J

Singles:
1. Lambchops
2. Player-1
3. Desu
4. Bleack (don't remember the spelling)
5. Umby?
5. ???
7. ???
7. ???

zCasanova

Smash Lord
K, so was ShinBlanka the fat *** guy taking up money and handing out badges? If so, then he's a *****.

A friend and I drove five hours from the very northern tip of South Carolina to attend this, solely because WABA's ****ing awesome. We arrived at barely half-past twelve, only to have our setups rejected because "there were too many" and all setups had to be in before noon.

I asked big pimpin' where in the thread this was posted and he said the OP, someone mind quoting that for me? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

This left both of us in a sticky situation, since we were only carrying $20 for singles and doubles, leaving nothing but plastic in our wallets (don't say there's an ATM in the same parking lot, because you can't get cash out on charge cards).

So, not only did this force me to leave Billy without a doubles partner, but it also made it appear that the TO was running this tournament specifically with the idea of self-profit in mind—leaving me to believe that all of this "for the community" talk over the last thirteen pages has been a load of bull****.

. . . You shouldn't be trying to make a profit from this, and you shouldn't have been forced to spend a large sum of money to set this up.

. . . You aren't doing this because it's your job . . . You are doing this so you can have fun as well as help everyone else have fun.
A guide to helping your community as a TO — read up on it, you might learn a thing or two.

It was a wasted trip, but WABA's still the ****, we'll be back for the next monthly.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Great tourney. as always waba proves to hold good tournies even tho it wasnt 100% theirs.
Shoutouts:

Teh umby: WHICH WAY DO I GO?!?!? pokemon TCG was really fun, even tho your deck brings me bad luck. i couldnt get anything 'silly' put together :( and i dont like what you did to my mk.. i will be back for you sir. i will be back...

Bleak: friendlys were really fun, you should come to waba more. you have a really good wario. good stuff!

GTR: <3 FALCON CHALLENGE! that was too fun. was really nice talking to you. sucks what happoned on halaberd :( :ohwell: there is always the 15th

Elliot: you showed up too late :( but maybe we can team some other time :)

Desu: Lets team REALLY SOON! we can be the first legit team that runs out the timer in doubles <3. and how could you not like yoshi.. so AWESOME!!

Chops: gratz on singles, i asked for a MM instead of a friendly because most people dont take friendlies seriously.

Scatz: thanks for teaching me some yoshi stuff, its really hard but i love yoshi too much to give up. thanks :)

PB&J: was really cool playing brawl with you, your pretty chilled. Good luck in melee 2mor!

BILLY: Sad that you must leave the GA smash community and the name billy behing.. oh well, ill check the ALPR to see a 'profetional up smasher bill underscore' :cry: come back soon. good stuff we did in doubles <3

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I have but three things to say about this tourney:

1) Dynomite is a dirty traitor!
subpoint a) I beat people with Xif in teams and that was funny as butts
2) Singles brackets were f***ed
3) Blazblue is amazing

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I dont remember any of the results due to the fact that I did awful but i guessf Player1 posted really the only results that mattered. Enough Johnsing though it was a really fun tourney and really cool over all. Im doing shououts right now to everyone but until then:

<3 Emerald China

and Ragequits

Oh yeah, It was Bleak and i think 5th was Alby. Just i though i would say that lol

Edit WITH SHOUOUTS!!:

First off, Alby and Jamaal, Im salty as **** for losing but im not johnsing. You guys beat me straigh up today. Good **** for that Also, Im HORRIBLE AT TEAMS sorry jamaal :( :(

Jamaal: Man, sorry i suck at teams haha me play G&W and you play D3 = Wack lol. Good stuff at beating me in brackets. Sorry that i suck and cant put up a better fight though :/ as of right now at the next Waba tourney $5 Money match 2/3 if thats fine with you. Pleaseeeeeeeee :( thats really like the only way i will be able to live with myself lol it can be like our final set sound good? Emerald China was awesome and your really cool to hang out with and really funy guy, GGs and good job on 7th. I look forward to playin with ya alot more coming up.

Alby: **** you. Im still salty as hell from losing to you. Same goes to you at the next waba $5 MM best 2/3 sound good? Screw Halberd man it screwed me over lol. Naw you have a good DDD no joke fun friendlies though and GJ in brackets with 5th. We still need to play more man. P.S. Learn the Wario matchup >.< haha jk. It was cool haning out with you and everyone at Emerald China and Waba.

Umby: It was cool getting to chill with you again man. We got some good friendlies in nand also GJ at getting 7th. We really gotta play more so i can learn some more of that Marth matchup even though id say im okay at it right now. Emerald China is tooooooo good. Nonspicy Seseame Chicken = <3 (but so does the spicy kind, i just think me an u are the only ones who ate nonspicy lol).

Dyno: 3 Falcon Punches is 85 damage and a stock whaaaaaaaaaa??? Falcon Challenge lol that was so much fun man. I wish we would of gotten a chance to play some friendlies though but its cool. Good job on teams with Billy. Singles sucked today for us both. The fortune cookie said i was gonna suck today though so i guess i can have emerald china johns? lol

Billy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont goooooooooooooooo :( Its been awesome seeing you at GA tourneys and getting to meet you *ahem* Profesional Smasher Bill Underscore lol. I know we played 2 or 3 friendlies but it was awesome man. Good stuff onthe placings and such. Your a really cool guy. Good luck at Auburn! :)

Scattz: It was cool hanging out today man, you have a sick yoshi and pika. I cant get away from those grabs. **** you pivot grabs! haha owell snake can live to 200+ and every move is ak ill more so i guess it evens out lol. Grenade Ragequits are awesome. At the next tourney dont enter doubles and hopefully you'll have your mind straight for singles. I need more Yoshi experience :/ Emerald China is too good.

Player 3: Nice Marth man, your a really cool guy and we had some good friendlies. Sorry i was playing extremely shi*tty today and coudltn give you good matches but it wa scool talking to you and stuff. Snake is toooooo broken. GGs

Desu: It was nice FINALLY getting to meet you lol. Your too good at smash brothers :/ We need to get some friendlies in at the next tournament or somtehing, i really need the experience. Your a really cool guy and really funny. Basketball Plus or Balanced Basketball which one would you like to play Metakn.....I mean Desu. Haha GJ on 1st in teams and 3rd in singles.

Musa: Nice snake dude those were fun dittos we got in. I saw your match vs Alby on BF and it makes me :( Suiciding sucks :/ You have a good snake though man, its better than mine no lie, maybe you can give me some tips on how to improve mine and stuff? If so that would be awesome.

Player 1: I havent ever played you or really ever MET you but i know who you are and have talked to you before a little and stuff and you deserve a shoutout so here it is lol. Anyways I wish i could get some friendlies in with you at a tourney soon or something, your diddy is honestly too good. Nice job on 1st and 2nd man. Teach me how to be good at smash brother pleasssssssse

BleaK: I know you dont have a smashboards accont, well you do but you NEVER post EVER, but just incase you stumble across this i thought id leave you a shoutout. Good **** on the 4th place finish man. Its great practice getting to play with you like 4-5 times a week. Its awesome that we are best friends dude and your wario is awesome. Its given me great experience as a player. I can see you only getting better and placing around 4th consistantly for a long time.

I know im forgetting people but it is really late and i jsut wanted to do these. GGs to everyone and if anyone has any recorded matches of a snake on your wii with no tag and its red snake than thats probably me. im probably still forgetting some stuff in the shoutouts but ill remember tomorrow.

Also, im sorry for sucking at super smash brother Brawl. </3

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
K, so was ShinBlanka the fat *** guy taking up money and handing out badges? If so, then he's a *****.

A friend and I drove five hours from the very northern tip of South Carolina to attend this, solely because WABA's ****ing awesome. We arrived at barely half-past twelve, only to have our setups rejected because "there were too many" and all setups had to be in before noon.

I asked big pimpin' where in the thread this was posted and he said the OP, someone mind quoting that for me? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

This left both of us in a sticky situation, since we were only carrying $20 for singles and doubles, leaving nothing but plastic in our wallets (don't say there's an ATM in the same parking lot, because you can't get cash out on charge cards).

So, not only did this force me to leave Billy without a doubles partner, but it also made it appear that the TO was running this tournament specifically with the idea of self-profit in mind—leaving me to believe that all of this "for the community" talk over the last thirteen pages has been a load of bull****.

A guide to helping your community as a TO — read up on it, you might learn a thing or two.

It was a wasted trip, but WABA's still the ****, we'll be back for the next monthly.

Wasnt waba's fault i honestly got the feeling that the host (not min/eric they are cool as ****) was doing it for self profit. coudlnt even let YOU slide because you came all the way from f*cking SC. :urg: i ended up teaming with billy and took 2nd place :chuckle:

Player-3

Smash Hero
17 or so people

not great

anyways shoutouts later
maybe

not for dyno though, hes a jerk
</3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom