• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

August 1-2, 2009 Atlanta, Ga. (South East Battles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
***** i'm mad >:O.

But seriously, you guys think that people won't do **** like that, and feel that they're **** suckers or whatever you want to say to them. But people can potentially lose sets (or to a lesser extent rounds).
Well, anyone who is a big enough douchebag to know they've lost a match and then do something as silly as that just to win a match is an insta-****** in my book.

Also,

Umby

Smash Master
One time I heard Chops walked up to God himself and fsmashed him with Falco.
But then SilentSpectre ran up to chops and taunted him with Captain Falcon.

No offense to chops, but that was the funniest thing I've ever seen in a Melee match.

edit: heads up to anyone that saved a replay on my Wii, our computer is ****ed at the moment, so I won't be able to record/upload for a while.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Personally, I have to confess that the 20$ door fee was bull****.
Missing the deadline for bringing a setup to get in free- thats everyone's individual responsibility.

However, I can't understand how the 20$ door fee was justified, other than just to pad some more profit off of running this.
But outside of that, I was pleased with how the melee tournament was run, and Larry is a pretty cool dude.

Yeah, the door fee was a too much for me since I was broke and the fact that I was running errands on both days so I didn't get to enter melee teams/singles. That's the reason I made it a priority to get there on time with my setup.

other than that, The tournament was really well run and Much respect to ShinBlanka and Min for doing this too. =D

Stop spamming, Laijin xD

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Ok I just got through reading this thread and now i'm f'ing pissed. I'm sorry if I didn't put the whole 12:01pm rules about the set up's in the OP of this tournament thread. I'm sorry if I thought smash players knew how to READ! You really don't understand how close I am to kicking both smash games out of FR13. I try my best to accomodate smash players and all ya'll do is crap on me time and time again. Did you call waba and state you was going to be running late? I had some players from NC CALL waba to state they was running late. But i'm the bad guy here?

USE YOUR BRAINS FOR A CHANGE! I'm a calm/fair guy and I try to work out problems with everyone, but when I clearly stated to bring your set up's before 12noon, but people claim I made up some rules to line my pockets is some BS! I don't appreciate that crap and it's people like you that make me want to wash my hands of the smash community! I don't know what I have to do to please you players. I mean i'm trying my best to please you guys and it's never enough. I see right now that me nor my tournaments are not respected in the smash community.

Right now I feel REALLY DISRESPECTED and if the majority of people feel like I tried to line my pockets then how about I just drop both smash games from FR13? I mean ya'll don't care about my tournaments! I mean ya'll wanted waba to throw a tournament during the same weekend of Final Round12. HOW F'ING DISRESPECTFUL IS THAT CRAP HUH?!?!? If it wasn't for the cool people I know that play smash I would have been drop kicked SMASH out of my tournaments because of this pre-madonna attitude I see that runs rabid in the smash community.

I'm through holding my temper back. Hardly no one shows up for FR12 for smash when I rent out and entire extra room for ya'll and fools complain. I don't need that back room to run Final Round, but I did it to try and put smash in the fgc major. At SEB people get there late and complain about me trying to line my pockets. I've never been that type of person and this slander is uncalled for imo. So you go on the forums and try to soil my good name in the smash community because you can't f'ing READ?!?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!? You want me to let you slide because you didn't read and wanted to show up after 12noon with your set up's.

I'm through with this BS. With this type of disrespect I need a reason why should keep any smash in my tournament. Thanks to everyone that came out, but it's clear to me that the smash community doesn't respect me or what i'm trying to do by bridging the gap between the fgc and the swc. It's clear to me that the only smash players that respect what i'm trying to do are the players that play other games beside smash. Those people understand what i'm trying to do, but I guess i'm not wanted in this community. People are showing me that me or my tournament are wanted or needed through stupid post i've read in this thread and they are showing me by not showing up to my events.

Right now I don't have a job and I could use that money I put down on the smash dedicate room at FR13 for bills. I have the fgc telling me to drop both smash games all day even day for going on the past 3 years. I've always said that we are all brothers because we all enjoy playing a fighting game as our major hobby. I was trying to bring both of our communities together, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe the smash community doesn't care that the 2nd biggest fgc tournament is giving them free reign to display smash on high levels in the fgc. My bad for trying to bring us closer. I'm so sick of the whining about little bs in these forums.

I would like to thanks everyone that ATTENDED SEB this past weekend. I'm sorry if I pissed some people off with my rules. It seems like you guys as a whole don't respect me or my events. To ask waba to run a tournament during FR12 is SUPER DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS ME, but I still put smash in my tournaments even though I was HIGHLY PI$$ED over that crap! So with that in mind do you SERIOUSLY THINK I would let someone slide on anything when they requested waba to run a tournament the same weekend as FR12?

SO WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I SHOULD KEEP ANY SMASH IN ANY OF MY FUTURE EVENTS WITH THIS CONSTANT DISRESPECT I CONTINUE TO GET FROM THIS COMMUNITY?!?!?!?!?

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Wow your gonna let two random NC players no one cares about ruin smash for everyone?
That seems pretty fair to me.
It's not only that sir. I appreciate everyone coming out and supporting any event I run. It's the whole Ga scene asking waba to run a tournament on the same day as Final Round 12 that really pissed me off the most. I'm not really mad at waba because it's a business and if players request it they have to respond for the business side of things. It's just if the Ga smash community would do that towards me why should I run smash at FR anymore?:confused::mad: Seriously if your own smash community diss you why should you try to support them?

That is the question i'm asking because this crap at SEB was the straw that broke the camels back imo. Like I said before I would like to thank everyone that attended SEB and past FR events. I run these events to bring all of us together because we all enjoy the same hobby. I've been running tournaments for the past 15 years (going on 13 with Final Round) for the love of the games. If I was in this for money I would have stoped doing this along time ago. I would have never made it to a FR12 going on to fr13.

ptown

Smash Ace
you seem to be one of the few who would do both smash and other fighting games.

majority srk seems not to care about smash, but your events have brought hope that some day we'll all be chillin together playing street fighter some days and other days consider smash as a fun legitimate alternative.

shinblanka, why don't you consider getting paid for this stuff?

and what does lygen mean by "random nc players"? you got a problem with falcon or somethin fun, bruh?

hi mike g.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
you seem to be one of the few who would do both smash and other fighting games.

majority srk seems not to care about smash, but your events have brought hope that some day we'll all be chillin together playing street fighter some days and other days consider smash as a fun legitimate alternative.

shinblanka, why don't you consider getting paid for this stuff?

and what does lygen mean by "random nc players"? you got a problem with falcon or somethin fun, bruh?

hi mike g.
For years apon years I lost tons of money on running my events. So much that I put my life with my wife on rocky ground because I would run fr tournaments and not break even. Bills wouldn't get paid on time and stuff would get cut off for a month or 2 until we caught back up with the bills. Lucky I have a great wife that supports me through thick and thin. Now i'm finally getting out of the red with FR tournaments and i'm trying to reach out to the smash community, but I feel like my efforts aren't wanted or needed.:ohwell: I can't keep getting disrespected without getting pissed off.:mad:

Sorry but i'm human. Like I said before, I would like to thank everyone for supporting my event's. I just have a lot of people telling me to drop smash every year, but I didn't even though the ga smash community requested someone to run a tournament in ga the same day as FR12.:mad: That makes me :mad: and :( all at once. That's why I need a great reason why I should keep smash in any future event I run!

P.S.-I never recieved a pm to talk about this subject off the open forums, but I feel like I have to express how i'm feeling right now. I need some good feedback from you guys, because with what I have posted was done towards you would you continue to support a group that doesn't respect or support what you are trying to do? Seriously guys let's not beat around the bush. If ya'll think i'm just trying to use smash to get more money then by all means speak up so I can just move on from swf for good. If the majority of the Ga community thinks that way then I would rather not have smash since the majority think i'm trying to line my pockets. Just know that when I boot smash from my events it ain't NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER COMING BACK!!!!!!!:mad:

This wasn't pointed towards anyone that has shown support for my events. The people i'm talking about know who they are. The time is now to speak up for or against my smash events. Maybe you guys just don't want to be apart of the fgc as a whole.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
This wasn't pointed towards anyone that has shown support for my events. The people i'm talking about know who they are. The time is now to speak up for or against my smash events. Maybe you guys just don't want to be apart of the fgc as a whole.
I think i speak for the most part on behalf of alot of the people who have been to Final Round and this past weekend at southeast battles when i say that

I enjoy going to the tourneys that you run. I just recently got back into the smash community but i went to final round 12 as well as South East Battles this past weekend and the tournaments are always run very smoothly and are very enjoyable. Your a very laid back and cool dude and that just adds on. I just dont think that many people speak their mind when things run smoothly because they expect it from your events, its just the idiots who get mad for some unknown reason who complain and try to ruin things for the community. Basically I know you have got so crap from i think 2 poeole but there are many more of us who havnet posted about how well the tourney was ran because we expect awesome tourneys from you so I hope that you keep Smash melee and brawl in final round

and that what i have to say :)

Rayku

Smash Lord
@ShinBlanka: I feel like I'm partially responsible for the Waba smash tourney on FR12's date. I was one of the people that suggested it when I heard about the $30 door fee (I've been fighting financial "crisis" for several months, but that's hardly a john. I ended up winning money at the tournament that day). The reason I did not attend SEB this past Saturday, as I said earlier, was because my ride copped out on me (didn't respond to me at all) at the last second. I had every intention of going, and I planned around it. Turned out I ended up doing nothing on my Saturday.

I'll go ahead and apologize to you straight up. I know it's highly disrespectful of what we did, and it didn't cross my mind just how so. My AIM is available next to my username, I'd talk to you personally if you really want to.

@Laijin: Seriously, why do you TRY to make matters worse when they're already bad?

bigman40

Smash Master
I had fun at the tourney regardless of any problems that went down. The tourney was smoothly ran, and people got done with stuff on time. I also know about that tourney during FR12, cause I happened to be one of them. My apologies for any disrespect towards you, and know that it was not intentional of any of the sort (idk if other people feel that way).

However, I must ask this one question though from you, the higher door fees that you normally have, is some of it to help pay for your life and for renting out places? That was what I normally assumed that you were doing when you made the door fee as is.

Now, if you decide to keep smash, then I'll try what I can to give much more hype to it. As I've been looking around and trying to get GA a little more known for being able to host big tourneys for OOS players to come and enjoy. The only thing I'm wondering that seems to be what all the OOS smashers want is at least a guaranteed pot. Do you know any way to get a pot that will interest other players? I'm trying to learn a little for myself.

Player-3

Smash Hero
SEB was pretty awesome
alot of people dropped out at the last minute, legitly for the most part
i had alot of fun
there was the debut of Team MJ who named themselves wrong

it was run very well, my parents asked me why i was home so early
it was really fun, i just wish i could have made it on sunday instead of saturday so i could have played more melee, but thats my fault

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
i don't have any sponsers so i run my events out of my own pockets. if i could have guaranteed pot for every game i would, but i can't run that risk witout sponsership sir.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
man there's so many WoT's on this page
now that ive read all of them i'd like to genuinely apologize to shinblanka.
The tournament ont he same day as FR12 was completely uncalled for and i mean even thought the fee's were high...setup? I enjoyed SEB and how well it was ran and how much time we had to play friendlies after the tourney. Your tournaments are really great and i'd hate to see smash not included in them anymore =/

bigman40

Smash Master
i don't have any sponsers so i run my events out of my own pockets. if i could have guaranteed pot for every game i would, but i can't run that risk witout sponsership sir.
Is it possible that we could get a sponsorship for your tourneys? I'm kinda just trying to throw something out there to help out everyone at once so people can just enjoy things instead of complaining.

nevershootme

Smash Master
now that you ran SEB at waba games, what about working out a partnership/sponsorship with the place in preparation for FR13 at your venue.

also, what about in promoting future tournaments with smash involved, have someone else work with you as a liaison in actively promoting your tournaments on this forum (like have him post up a thread and such and promote it).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that method i'm explaining is something i'm currently in involved in right now in preparation for The Battle Lounge in West Palm Beach, FL. basically I spoked to d'nyc3 one time about helping out in running the smash tourney and then worked with the system and tv provider for the event (noobie games in miami beach) on deciding how the systems will be runned and solutions. this includes running and seeding the brackets accordingly (since i know my community well enough to know which players to separate accordingly)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
@Shin: Like I told you at waba, it's 2 communities man. The melee community really appreciates what you did for us, inspite of us not puttin up mcdonalds numbers or anything. I mean, inspite of us not really being kool with the venue fee, I'd say we did fine in bringing the setups (and in a timely manner) rather than just sitting around pouting.

I mean, we did complain about the entry fee, but imo we handled it pretty well. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if you didnt hear about it yourself.

And I hate to say it like that, but yeah, im not going to let the brawl community ruin a good thing for me and melee if I can help it. I mean, for the 2 times you put out for us, we took what you gave us and appreciate.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
So with that I say keep Melee @ FR13
as for brawl...
never heard of that game lol
and yes The Melee scene appreciates what you done for us XD

Rayku

Smash Lord
I think some consideration should be taken into the fact that MOST of the Brawl scene in GA (And a lot of it OoS) are Brawl-only people. They aren't veterans from another game.

This being said, they dont' really understand the amount of effort that goes into organizing a tournament like this.

I think Melee should stay at Final Round. Brawl is up to the TO.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hello, nice to meet everyone,Im just a Nc smasher no one cares about. See you on the fifteenth, ill be with devin, or zCasanova. and if any of you have a problem with him, you have a problem with me. I don't like people ****ting on my friends. Devin is the best TO I have ever met. He is one of the most fair, and nicest people in SC. Or in the smash community in general and if you guys did something that could piss him off. Then you must be real *******s. So, post what you want behind me, I will not be reading it. Ive got a life to attend to.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Hello, nice to meet everyone,Im just a Nc smasher no one cares about. See you on the fifteenth, ill be with devin, or zCasanova. and if any of you have a problem with him, you have a problem with me. I don't like people ****ting on my friends. Devin is the best TO I have ever met. He is one of the most fair, and nicest people in SC. Or in the smash community in general and if you guys did something that could piss him off. Then you must be real *******s. So, post what you want behind me, I will not be reading it. Ive got a life to attend to.
lawlz
he did it to himself
Shin told people what time they should arrive with their setups
yet we wants to cry and ***** and calling shin out like that
yup he sounds fair to me lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I think some consideration should be taken into the fact that MOST of the Brawl scene in GA (And a lot of it OoS) are Brawl-only people. They aren't veterans from another game.

This being said, they dont' really understand the amount of effort that goes into organizing a tournament like this.

I think Melee should stay at Final Round. Brawl is up to the TO.
I agree with this statement. I speak for all of the GA scene when I say I seriously appreciate everything you have done for our community. hell, FR13 is the tourney I plan to make my ultra comeback to Melee(i'm serious this time, guys lol). So I really hope you continue to help out the scene and keep Melee alive. We'll do our best to bring the hype and the respect.

I dunno about Brawl tho lol

sup Ptown. I main Guile now =D

Random SC scrub: No one is here to start a fight with your boy so get that mess out of here and leave it back in SC. Just come up here and lose your money in fighting games to us. That is all.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
*insert all of what Larry posted here
Yeah Larry, I believe the problem here is a lot of brawlers are younger, without jobs and reliable means of income(many of them lack in the area of maturity as well).

But as far as the melee players that showed up at SEB, I didn't hear ANYONE badmouthing you.
I probably complained the most out of anyone about the door fee, but thats merely because it was at waba. For huge events like the FR series, I completely agree with 30$ or more doorfee- you HAVE to cover your expenses as the TO.

I'm all for FR dropping brawl- it takes WAY too long to finish and usually does nothing but get melee vets lumped in with brawlers when stuff like this happens.

But please don't drop melee! I've attended the last 2 FR's and I plan to attend this year as well.
GA melee loves you, Larry-

GA Peach

Smash Lord
yo Larry, this is Marty. you know you have my support for whatever tournament you want to run. the only reason i even went to SEB was because it was your tournament. i think 20 bucks to get into Waba is an insane price, but since it's your tourney, i wanted to support you. if you decide to drop Smash from FR, i don't blame you, but the Melee guys have been supporting you, so i agree with Anomic on that one. if you were to drop a Smash game, Brawl would be the one to drop due to their lack of support and issues with the game finishing on time.

@Oh! Snap - lol, what life? well, i guess since your friend Mr. Devin is the nicest TO that YOU have ever met, i guess it means that he couldn't have possibly made a ****ing stupid mistake like traveling out of state with only 20 bucks cash on him. *******es... <_<

@Mike G - lol, i think my avatars are pretty amazing. especially the one i have now.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
BEWARE: EXCESSIVELY LONG/SERIOUS POST AHEAD:

Mr. Shinblanka is in a ******** position. As I'm sure he would love to do, and most to all of SRK would support, he could drop either Melee or Brawl and call it a done deal. But then whichever side he dropped would begin endless complaints of "Why meeeeeeeeeee why not the other guy!!!"

And Smash is not like a lot of the other smaller brackets he runs at FR. He runs games like SF:A2 for the hardcore lovers of the game, but if you get maybe 20 entrants for that, play out a bracket that's a couple hours on 1-2 TVs. The bottom line is, Smash takes FOREVER. As we all know, a 30-40 man bracket (and don't forget the teams!) takes literally all day.

Melee is pretty much more alive in GA than Brawl is anyway. (Not to mention the fun factor). Playing a Brawl tournament match is like doing homework. It takes forever, it totally sucks, and the only satisfaction you get afterwards is knowing that you're done (and knowing that it might help you make money in the future). The only thing as equally frustrating as losing is getting caught in quicksand - you know you're gonna die, but it's not happening for another 20 hours while you die of boredom first.

Ok ok enough Brawl bashing, back to the business. Fighting games in general have always been at odds with Smash. Condescending looks have been given, hurtful words have been said, tears have flown like waterfalls, but we should be looking (as Shinblanka is) as to what is best for the FIGHTING GAME community - as 1 whole. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the quality of Brawl (I suppose I have made my biased opinion known already....) more drama and tension has arisen between Smash and the rest of the FGC then has ever before existed. Smash players and FGC people were separate, but they knew that they could not compete in the other's game(s). The Smash community got absolutely embarrassed at FR11 by Jwong's 2nd place finish (although I would've beat him had I gotten to play him ;) ).

With steadily declining tournament newcomers in both Brawl and Melee in our region, now is a critical time for Smash Bros. FR is the biggest ****ing tournament in the SE by FAR for almost every single fighting game on the market, but for some for Smash reason it's only a local tournament with far-away travelers entering it as an afterthought. Why is this? It's not just Jwong's presence, I can guarantee that (as evidenced by 80 man bracket this past weekend).

I personally think Melee is the ST of the Smash series. It may not be perfect, but they did a lot of things right. And, unlike Capcom, the makers of Brawl specifically press released the notion that they were trying hard to make Brawl as non-competitive as possible.

I thought I was going somewhere with this.....well I'll wrap up and save the rest for another day when someone will inevitably disagree with something I said or my inconsistent unbiased-jumping-to-biased-jumping-back-to-unbiased writing style.

SUMMARY OF POINTS:
1) If logistics is an issue (or if Shinblanka does not wish to run 2 Smash brackets [plus teams...], Melee > Brawl
2) FIGHTING GAME COMMUNITY = FIGHTING GAME COMMUNITY. Smash is a fighting game, is it not? Let's integrate that **** into the community, come on guys. Stop whining. Yes Shin gave you short notice on the TV setups, but he also said to call Waba if you'd be late and he'd work with you. That puts responsibility on your end.
3) If you must, take that Smash out of there. Won't stop me from coming to that hype, but will be filled with many more people I am less familiar with =(

I've been to a fair amount of big and small tournaments, and Shin is hands down the best at getting brackets done. You'd think it's an easy job, but apparently it's not because not many people seem to do it right.

Waaa I have so many opinions, can the internet handle all of them?! Ok I stop here. Discuss. Or completely ignore wall. Either one.

ptown

Smash Ace
--------
sf, kof, gg (and its friends), tekken will get sequels.
people won't mind as much if you remove one of the old games
because a new one is or WILL come out.

but, there's nothing like melee out now.
if you take melee out, nothing will replace that game.
there's a chance a new one WILL NOT come out.
sakurai doesn't care about smash people.
brawl don't count.
------------

i know devin though. he is a nice person really.
driving 5 hours to an event and then not being
able to enter/compete would suck no matter what.

side note: i think of devin as sc smash/brawl.
why the nc smash confusion?

nc smash is full of fun lovin bros who all love captain falcon.
it's a nice place.
------------

sonic boom is good isn't it, mike?

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I accidentally shorted chops $10 from the last Waba brawl teams tourney, so I had to pay him back with my BlazBlue entry fee, or else I would have entered that, too. :(
I also went pro status and accidentally slept in on Sunday (until about 5pm), so I missed out on the second day of SEB, which made me sad.
Saturday was pretty dope, though. (Aside from Min putting me in the wrong bracket despite my seeding from doubles. I'm still salty about that!)

--

In regards to Final Round.
I've always had fun at the FR tournaments I've been to.
Final Round is without a doubt, THE most hype tournament / tournament line I've ever had the pleasure of attending.
Huge attendance for a plethora of fighters, yet things (that are not brawl) are still run smoothly.

As for dropping smash... Do what you think is best, Larry.
And at the risk of continuing to beat this horse, at least keep Melee.
I got into Melee first. Then I met Marty, who got me into 2D fighters.
I think that these communities mesh a lot more easily than the current brawl community does.
Brawl is really a different beast altogether, and I don't think it really has a place with other fighters.
Brawl brackets take forever and a day to get finished, and it's probably among one of the least fun games to watch at a tournament. (I quite literally fell asleep watching matches in my pool at a tournament in Florida.)

tl;dr
SEB was fun. Final Round rocks. Keep Melee. Brawl = :079:.

Purple

Hi guys!
you know it's quite saddening.

I want to let everyone body in on this before stuff gets locked.

I was one of the first people to look at this thread and see that this tournament is necessary to keep smash (brawl) in ga looking semi decent. I told Billy about this tournament and he jumped on the wagon too, you can see our posts in the waba thread along with this one, however because of short-minded complaints and CLEARLY unnecessary insults, brawl is looking like it'll be taken out of the final round lineup.

Like seriously, zcasanova, i understand you drove a far way, but to call larry a fat *** black man is like marty calling min a skinny *** eggroll eater, it's derrogatory, and not necessary to get his point across, you can be mad sure, but that doesn't change that man's character in the least.

And Oh!Snap, you don't have the right to defend your friend, who (not knowingly) is biting the hand that feeds the GA smash community

Look at what you guys are doing, you guys are dogging out someone you don't even know, you guys did a tournament on the date of final round, so you ****ed him over once, THEN when he's nice enough to come to you! (even though min kept the 20 dollar pot fee), you **** him over again!

Oh and what's worse, is people were complaining about the pot fee, bring a **** set up guys! you guys work on tech skill in melee and play wifi for brawl, yet you can't tell your mom or dad that you don't have the money so you're bringing the set up, just take care of your **** when it gets here.

I swear half of you don't even think when you guys flame someone.

Oh that note

I'm not leaving Brawl, and i'm not saying that game can't be put in the lineup with other games like street fighter four, but we're going to need to step our **** up with ALOT more set ups and hype and ALOT more catering to everyone's needs. If our matches are 5 minutes on average, we're going to need a setup for every two people if that's possible, to make sure our **** gets done on time, it sounds just out of the ordinary, but that **** will get our tournaments ran faster and we can get more events done come on guys! : (

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I know that a fair amount of Melee players that go out of their way to quit the match when they're, say, getting Star KO'd.

I don't really know why, but that irritates me. 's just me, though, and I know that it's not a big deal overall--I suppose I just like to see the results screen. :p

Purple

Hi guys!
I know that a fair amount of Melee players that go out of their way to quit the match when they're, say, getting Star KO'd.

I don't really know why, but that irritates me. 's just me, though, and I know that it's not a big deal overall--I suppose I just like to see the results screen. :p
you haven't won a match until the announcer says "this game's winner is"

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, Desu, if FAST1 is the tourney you are talking about, i fell asleep during Brawl pools, also.

@Jamaal - man, those SC guys (Snap and Casanova) don't care if they are insulting Larry, dood. all they care about is Casanova didn't get in for free because of his own mistake.

also, i think the solution to the whole star KO thing would be for people to simply use common sense. 5 seconds to let it go to the results screen is not a giant chunk of your life gone. besides, pausing during a match in any other fighting game is considered, at the least, a game loss.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
I've had time to cool off and i'm not going to remove any smash tournament from fr13. I can't let the few mess it up for the many. If you plan on attending FR13 please goto www.finalround.org and pre-reg there please. Last year our door fee was $30 and I know that's steap for smash players so I started the early bird special online payment. Just read on the fr13 website to get the info. Keep in mind you don't HAVE to prepay to pre-reg for FR13, but if you can get the early bird special I would advise you too get it people. The FR13 thread has disappeared in this section and I was wondering if I should make the FR13 thread in the atl south section or make it in the national tournament section. ANy suggestions?

Purple

Hi guys!
I've had time to cool off and i'm not going to remove any smash tournament from fr13. I can't let the few mess it up for the many. If you plan on attending FR13 please goto www.finalround.org and pre-reg there please. Last year our door fee was $30 and I know that's steap for smash players so I started the early bird special online payment. Just read on the fr13 website to get the info. Keep in mind you don't HAVE to prepay to pre-reg for FR13, but if you can get the early bird special I would advise you too get it people. The FR13 thread has disappeared in this section and I was wondering if I should make the FR13 thread in the atl south section or make it in the national tournament section. ANy suggestions?
i would recommend using the national tournament section, i'm sure people who play fighting games in other states would be interested in hearing about final round, FR is pretty well known so i'm sure it'll turn heads.

I'm pre-registering now, and i'll hype this up as much as i can. Thanks ShinBlanka :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
1) Put it in the tourney listings thread (the national thread i guess it's called)

2) The thread in here can, and in due time probably will, be stuck. >.>

nice1

Smash Lord
can we get it stuck asap cuz last time it got stuck just a week before the tourney. the sooner the better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom