• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aug. 16th-17th: Low Tier City 2! PREREG ENDS TONIGHT Sethlon, Mew2King, Westballz, Wobbles, and More

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
Approximately what time will the tournament begin on the 16th? For those of us booking our busses early it'd be good to know whether we should come in on the 15th or 16th.

Oracle

Smash Master
You have to sign up for at least one event, but if you want to do the events one at a time thats fine. Just PM me with your confirmation number and I'll settle everything else

Tournament Will start at about 10 am on saturday, so i really would not recommend showing up saturday morning

Pre-Reg is about to go live, and I'll get the hotel info sorted out in a few days

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just Pre-Reg'd! 50 dollars, damn, thank god I win money from tournaments

For the Pre-Reg I put PM Doubles and Singles, I put "Mine: Lunchables Teammate: Dakpo" Because it asked for tags. Just posting this to clear up any possible confusion on that.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Just Registered, I challenge every out of state person to a MM! *Looks at
Hylian, Strong Bad, Rat and more!*

D

Deleted member

Also Dakpo and I are accepting doubles money matches

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hi,

I recently moved to Austin, Texas from Puerto Rico for work. I am interested in attending this tournament. I would like to know if there is anyone from the Austin area or goes to Austin on weekends etc. It would be awesome to have a Melee practice partner.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anyone going to this that would need a partner?

So uhhh...how about a schedule for this tournament? I'd love to know when events are starting and if the venue has a closing time, as it is the hotel.

2supreme

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone! I am new to the professional smash tournys. I will not be participating because I know I wouldn't last. If I want to just go and watch, do i just pay the venue fee and not enter in my name? Or what should I do? Thanks for the help. Sorry I am a noob.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Normally if the venue was something smaller or more local, you probably wouldn't have to pay a venue fee just to spectate or hang out. But since it will be at a hotel, I doubt they would be as lenient. Ask Oracle Oracle for more info

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Very few events would qualify as "professional." I'm pretty sure they would let you watch if you don't want to play at all. If you'd like to play friendly matches outside of the tournament, yeah, paying the venue fee would be the way to go.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
^^^ yep

Just depends on the event. Oracle Oracle would prob know

Last edited:

PK Rei

Smash Rookie
NNID
RillaRei
3DS FC
0645-7140-0702
Just joined SmashBoards and I'm going to join this! It'll be my first tourney so, treat the homie well~! :ness2::ness:

Anybody want to do doubles for Melee/PM? I am a very good support Marth, or sometimes Jiggs or Falco. But most likely Marth. In PM, I play Pikachu. I'd love to preregister for this thing as soon as I can, so if anyone is up for doubles in either of those events I'd love to know right away.

Also, with barely a month to go, it would be awesome if we could get hotel info and whatnot posted up. I'd like to book a room before I forget.

Last edited:

Mint Alicarth

Smash Cadet
Just joined SmashBoards and I'm going to join this! It'll be my first tourney so, treat the homie well~! :ness2::ness:
Oh cool, we got another NUS player around DFW.
Talk to an old sweaty half-dressed guy named Awestin and he'll give you tips on how to beat people with him.

PK Rei

Smash Rookie
NNID
RillaRei
3DS FC
0645-7140-0702
Oh cool, we got another NUS player around DFW.
Talk to an old sweaty half-dressed guy named Awestin and he'll give you tips on how to beat people with him.
Haha, I'll take any tips the "old sweaty half-dressed guy named Awestin" can give a newbie like me.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I just completed pre-registration, but when trying to book a room, the hotel staff says that there is not a group block on record for Low Tier City 2 as of now. @ Oracle Oracle , is the rate of $79.99 still up in the air right now?

Oracle

Smash Master
The group rate is not available just yet. It will be monday. Just call and say youre with tourney locator

Oracle

Smash Master
Schedule has been posted! Also remember to pre register!!! Price raises on the 21st, which is only a couple weeks away!

Oracle

Smash Master
I've just gotten word that Mew2King is also confirmed! Will Team Unfair be able to defeat him and zero?

PK Rei

Smash Rookie
NNID
RillaRei
3DS FC
0645-7140-0702
I've just gotten word that Mew2King is also confirmed! Will Team Unfair be able to defeat him and zero?
Well my hopes and dreams of winning were dipped in milk and eaten. :urg:

D

Deleted member

If M2K is really coming to this maybe I should show my face and meet the dude.

Oracle

Smash Master
Remember, the venue fee increases to $35 on next monday, so be sure to preregister! If you dont want to pay for all the events at once, you just need to pay for one event on the preregistration page, and you can add more later.

ApatheticToaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
ApatheticToaster
Remember, the venue fee increases to $35 on next monday, so be sure to preregister! If you dont want to pay for all the events at once, you just need to pay for one event on the preregistration page, and you can add more later.
So if we only sign up for singles in the pre-reg we won't be barred from doubles at the venue? Also, will there be any sort of discount for bringing setups and TVs, or are they not needed?

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Ugh can't go :(

How long will m2k and zero be in town? Like I'll try to go play brawl with them if they're here for more than 3 days lol

Oracle

Smash Master
So if we only sign up for singles in the pre-reg we won't be barred from doubles at the venue? Also, will there be any sort of discount for bringing setups and TVs, or are they not needed?
Yeah, you will be fine. Just message me later with your info when you do want to pay. Also we DO NEED SETUPS! There will be a $5 discount if we use your setup, but it will be paid back after the tournament finishes on sunday. This means that you have to stay for the majority of the tournament to get the discount!

Also, I posted the instructions to book a hotel room for the tournament in the first page!

HOW TO BOOK ROOMS:
Call Marriott Reservations at 1 (800) 228-9290 or (972) 831-0000 on or before Monday, August 11, 2014, (the “CutOff Date”) to make your sleeping room reservations. When you call, identify yourself as part of the Tourney Locator Event group staying at the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, located at 223 West Las Colinas Boulevard, Irving, TX 75039. You need to have a credit card on file to book the room. This will get you a discounted rate of $79.99/night for Friday and Saturday nights

Top Bottom