• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aug. 16th-17th: Low Tier City 2! PREREG ENDS TONIGHT Sethlon, Mew2King, Westballz, Wobbles, and More

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Just registered, going to be bringing K9, Neon, Zman, and a fourth person with me via roadtrip from AZ. (assuming they get their registration and other stuff done in time)

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Just registered, going to be bringing K9, Neon, Zman, and a fourth person with me via roadtrip from AZ. (assuming they get their registration and other stuff done in time)
Color me excited. I've watched so many videos of you and neon playing, it'll be awesome to see you guys in person.

Oracle

Smash Master
Hey guys, if you havent preregistered, we're extending the special from last night! Go to www.tourneylocator.com/prereg, and you will get a $5 discount on your venue fee! The shipping and handling on your shopping cart will be $30 instead of $35, and this deal expires tonight at midnight!! Registration closes in 3 days, at midnight on monday, so register asap!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not going, sorry Oracle.

Couldn't pull enough money around, and registration ends in three days, so I'm boned.

skwaag5233

Smash Cadet
Would someone purchasing a spectator pass still ahve to pay the venue fee? Kind of a dumb question but I'd like some clarity anyways.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
No. Spectator pass is essentially paying for your venue fee if you don't want to enter any events.
Would someone purchasing a spectator pass still ahve to pay the venue fee? Kind of a dumb question but I'd like some clarity anyways.

Oracle

Smash Master
The tournament starts in a week! Get Hype! A few IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS, be sure to read them all:

1. DON"T ADD EVENTS JUST YET! There is a strange bug in the code where its charging $6 shipping when you add multiple events. It's supposed to be $1.50 for each event, to cover the paypal fee, but it stacked for some strange reason. It will be fixed later tonight, so if you planned on adding events later today, just stay tuned and I'll post here when its fixed.

2. I'm pushing back online registration to end on Wednesday night! This means you have one extra day to register online for the tournament. In addition, I spoke to the hotel managers and they have agreed to let me open up ON SITE REGISTRATION! I would really discourage this, because your seeding will probably not be ideal since we don't have a bunch of time to change it before the tournament starts, It will also be an extra $5, so in total $40 for venue. This is very expensive, but if you buy online by tonight, you'll only pay $30, so please just do that instead. It saves you money and its way more convenient for me. Preregistration is here:www.tourneylocator.com/prereg

3. If you're bringing a setup, please fill out the setup sign in form! This form is what I will be checking to give people their $5 discount on Sunday, so if you're not on it then you won't get a discount! Don't let that happen! Link is here: The link is here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QISazdXyqGSJr2GfFdSZ3V_sPwJNrhKtKeMOL_VIHHE

4. I'm now opening applications for being a Pool Captain! If you're a pool captain, you will be in charge of one pool, and making sure that all of the matches happen on time. I'm looking for about 20 people, and everyone who helps out will receive at $5 discount on their venue fee (to be paid at the venue). This means that if you really want to save some money, you can pay for venue fee tonight, bring a setup, and volunteer to be a pool captain, then you could end up only paying $20 for venue fee! Link to apply is here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oGxlufARly5BUUdORhXrENvddx7UZnRRH1ch1KyXrvc/viewform

5. Friday Night the venue will be open at 7:00 PM! Come in to put your setups, in, play friendlies all night, and watch the tx vs the world crew battle and lucario invitational! Also, we will be selling additional spectator passes, handing out your badges, and taking on site registration all of friday night, so if you still need to register by then try to do so on friday!

Last edited:

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
If anybody is looking for a discount to this event, I need to sell my spot, and I registered very early. My registration is only $50, and I'd be glad to transfer my spot for someone for the same price. I'd appreciate any help!

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
If anybody is looking for a discount to this event, I need to sell my spot, and I registered very early. My registration is only $50, and I'd be glad to transfer my spot for someone for the same price. I'd appreciate any help!
You'll have better luck on Facebook, I imagine.

Oracle

Smash Master
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR LOW TIER CITY 2 ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT! Go to www.tourneylocator.com/prereg to preregister and to add events, because this is your last chance to do so! There will be at the door registration, but it's $40 and there will be no opportunity to double check seeding, so if you want to avoid a potential issue AND save $5, register tonight! Also remember that if you want to save even more money, I'm giving $5 back to all people selected as pool captains (apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oGxlufARly5BUUdORhXrENvddx7UZnRRH1ch1KyXrvc/viewform) and $5 back to everyone who brings a full setup who fills out this form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QISazdXyqGSJr2GfFdSZ3V_sPwJNrhKtKeMOL_VIHHE/edit).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey oracle, can you double check to see if I'm in melee singles and project m singles and doubles. there is a statement on my account that is for ltc but it isn't for the right amount though

D

Deleted member

ATTENTION! ANYONE BRINGING A SETUP! PUT THIS FILE ON YOUR SD CARD!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdnbzjghjxd3o3i/common5.pac

Path - SD Card/projectm/pf/system/common5.pac (Replace the current one in there)

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! This file will show the ruleset for the tournament and will help newer players along with SPEED UP THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT!

Edit: Also, a reminder to those who STILL have the old rsbe01.gcts from things like PARG2... Please update back to the original 3.02 rsbe01.gct.

Oracle

Smash Master
Just another reminder that preregistration and adding events for Low Tier City 2 ends tonight at midnight! If you still want to preregister or add events, go to www.tourneylocator.com/prereg to do so! There will be at the door registration, but it costs $40 for venue fee and there will be no time to double check seeding, so preregister if you can!

Is it safe to add events to our registration yet? Also will spectator passes be more expensive at the venue?
Yeah, adding events is safe. There is a $1.50 charge to cover the paypal fee. No, spectator passes will be $10 at the venue.

hey oracle, can you double check to see if I'm in melee singles and project m singles and doubles. there is a statement on my account that is for ltc but it isn't for the right amount though
My records say you've paid the right amount. $40 for two singles and 1 doubles, and $35 for venue=$75

Will there still be a public doc to see who signed up for what?
Yeah, after prereg ends there will be a public doc so people can put their regions to help with seeding.

Last edited:

JuMP

Smash Rookie
So I just registered me and my brother at the same time, JuMP and JL, and think I paid venue fee but since it was only on 1 card I'm not sure. If not do I need to pay another venue fee when I get there?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
When you registered, did you go through checkout twice or just once? I'm not sure that you can pay for more than 1 venue fee in the same transaction.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah that's probably only 1 venue fee then.

JuMP

Smash Rookie
Yeah that's probably only 1 venue fee then.
Can I just pay the second one when I get there? Or do I need to? I'm confused, I don't want to get there and me/my brother not be able to participate :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah you should be able to pay venue there. Ask Oracle Oracle for more info

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Can I just pay the second one when I get there? Or do I need to? I'm confused, I don't want to get there and me/my brother not be able to participate :(
I wouls prefer you just pay the venue fee online, but if you want to pay in person thats also fine. Just remember I need the venue fee by 11 on saturday if you both want to participate (easiest way is to show up friday night, ill be at the venue from 7 to about midnight)

Oracle

Smash Master
Ruleset post! There are a few extra rules in the bottom, so be sure to read up! No major changes though, just official procedure on bans and colors.
PM Ruleset Post:
1. 4 stock, 8 minute matches
2. Stages are struck in a 1-2-1 manner from the 5 starters.
3. After game 1, the winner bans 3 stages, then the loser picks stage, then the winner picks character, then the loser picks character.
4. Starters: 5
Green Hill Zone
Dreamland
Battlefield
Smashville
PS2
Counterpicks: 8
Yoshi's Story
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Skyworld
FD
Lylat
Fountain of Dreams
Distant Planet
5. All sets will be best of 3 until top 8, which will all be best of 5
6. Dave's stupid rule: a player cannot go back to a stage that he has already won on in the set, unless both players agree.
Additional Rules
- Bans CANNOT be changed through the entirety of a set. Also, a player may return to a stage he has previously banned in a set, so long as his opponent does not also ban the stage.
- Gentleman's Clause: Players can agree to any stipulations of a match (random characters, random stage, etc.) with the exception of stipulations which would significantly prolong the time of the match (no more than 4 stocks, no more than 8 minute timer)
- Mike Haze Rule: use of yelling, screaming, or gratuitous noise meant to distract an opponent is grounds for DQ or removal from the venue. If a player does or says anything that offends their opponent, his opponent may report it to the TO who will then handle the dispute.
- Dakpo Clause: if the color of a character or team is deemed by the opponent too difficult to see, the player may request them to pick a different color. If the opponent feels this is unreasonable, he may report it to a TO, who will then handle the dispute.
- Don't be that guy- If a player is rude, obscene, or generally unpleasant, the TO reserves the right to disqualify him without refund, or to remove him from the tournament without refund.
- timer clause: if a player feels his opponent is taking too long to deliberate a decision, he may call over a to, who will institute a 30 second clock. This is to be used sparingly: we will take note of everyone who calls the clock, and if you try to abuse this the to may find it grounds for a match loss or a dq.

What do yall feel about thie timer clause? I think a rule like that is necessary to prevent players from slow rolling when they need to strike stages, and will cut down on a good amount of idle time. You should already be prepared for your stage bans; it shouldnt take more than a minute. If people dont like this inclusion or feel the rule is too last minute I will rempve it immediately.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Entrants time! We have 18 Melee Teams, 32 PM teams, 66 Melee Singles, and 111 Project M Singles! I have everyone's name, what events they're in, and what teammate they have! You can check it out here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pNJB2jzruApoM1CBiltNhV2z-D-vUaoGUwfHXRfNdUA/edit#gid=0 If you notice any errors or events you should be in, message me with the problem and we'll take it from there.

IMPORTANT: If you're pre registered, please go to the google docs sheet and enter the city you play in most often! This will help tremendously in seeding, so if you don't want people you play with in your pool, then fill out the Region column next to your name! Its possible to edit the rest of the sheet, but please don't.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I kept getting browser errors trying to look at that.

Then I used Chrome

I see how google do it dirty

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Entrants time! We have 18 Melee Teams, 32 PM teams, 66 Melee Singles, and 111 Project M Singles! I have everyone's name, what events they're in, and what teammate they have! You can check it out here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pNJB2jzruApoM1CBiltNhV2z-D-vUaoGUwfHXRfNdUA/edit#gid=0 If you notice any errors or events you should be in, message me with the problem and we'll take it from there.

IMPORTANT: If you're pre registered, please go to the google docs sheet and enter the city you play in most often! This will help tremendously in seeding, so if you don't want people you play with in your pool, then fill out the Region column next to your name! Its possible to edit the rest of the sheet, but please don't.
My tag is Em, not EM :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That won't happen, since we finally got on-site registration. People signing up last minute would obv change the pools

Oracle

Smash Master
Actually, I will be posting preliminary pools, to double check there are no regional issues or anything like that. Keep in mind that you may have people added to your pool though! (if we have enough extra entrants, I'll just make pools mostly out of extra entrants)

Top Bottom