• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aug. 16th-17th: Low Tier City 2! PREREG ENDS TONIGHT Sethlon, Mew2King, Westballz, Wobbles, and More

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
I might actually have a conflict for the weekend that it is scheduled for. If I find out that I cannot attend, could I possibly get a refund or like a player transfer or something?

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Just a reminder to book your hotel rooms! The last day to reserve a room is August 11. Just call the hotel and tell them that you're with the Tourney Locator group, and they'll give you the discounted rate of $79.99 a night.

Also, pre tournament friday will happen at 9:00! We're gonna have 2 events for friday night: a small invitational tournament to showcase all of the talnented lucario players coming to the tournament, such as ipunchkidz, frozen, and darkgun, and then a crew battle of TEXAS vs. THE WORLD! Details will come shortly

This will be at the venue in the hotel. Please note: there will be a CHECK IN Friday night! Instead of having hotel spanning lines out the door early saturday, all you have to do is show up friday night, check in and grab your badge, and then stay for friendlies/to spectate for however long you want. Check in will start at 8:30. There will be a late check in on saturday morning at 9:30, but since you probably don't want to get up that early, i would recommend coming friday night.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
There are 12 days left to preregister! I know that we're all smashers, so we love to hold off on things till the last minute, but if you want to avoid ! Preregistration link is here, so be sure to register asap!

Lets talk stages. The list I have in mind is this
Starters: 5
Green Hill Zone
Dreamland
Battlefield
Smashville
PS2

Counterpicks: 9
Yoshi's Story
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Skyworld
FD
Lylat
Cavern
Skyworld
Distant Planet

The stages you probably see missing are draculas, skyloft and fountain of dreams. I don't like loft because a lot of characters can circle camp/ camp one of the sides, as well as being an insanely good stage for fox, draculas is off because distant planet is similar without being quite as polarizing due to insane blastzones, and FOD is off because it doesn't offer much over yoshi's story/battlefield, and most everyone hates it anyways. I'm open to suggestions, but probably not many stages past those 3 #ripdelfino #pictochat4starter

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Oracle, any info for adding events once we've registered? Once I figure out a team partner, I'd like to register for that without getting charged venue twice. Ty

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
IF YOU HAVEN'T PREREGISTERED FOR LOW TIER CITY 2: I will be at DIME 10 this weekend taking cash registration! In addition, as long as you show up to the tournament you get a $10 discount, only paying $25 venue fee! If you want to save $10 to get into Texas' biggest melee tournament since MLG and play Mew2King, Zero, and more, then come to DIME 10 and preregister there!

Thread for dime is here

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
IF YOU HAVEN'T PREREGISTERED FOR LOW TIER CITY 2: I will be at DIME 10 this weekend taking cash registration! In addition, as long as you show up to the tournament you get a $10 discount, only paying $25 venue fee! If you want to save $10 to get into Texas' biggest melee tournament since MLG and play Mew2King, Zero, and more, then come to DIME 10 and preregister there!

Thread for dime is here
Sounds like a good idea, maybe go and get a sign printed out? Or have Gabe ask people if they want to/have already registered for LTC2 when they enter?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I agree IF you're cutting out bad stages. PM actually has hope for stages compared to Melee: we should probably flow with it unless it's garbage tier like Skyloft

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PS1 is the only Melee stage that should 100% definitely be banned. Otherwise, I can see arguments for Dreamland and Yoshi's Story, but don't mind them being legal. FoD is clearly fine.

Oracle

Smash Master
I have fod off because of stage redundancy. What ive seen is that in 90% of the matchups you dont want a tri platform stage, you have to spend 2 or more bans on fod/yoshis/bf. There are obviously some differences, but for most matchups the similarity in layout and blastzone is gonna cause you to ban both, which is just a waste of a stage imo. Also I dont really like cavern, that list was a rough draft. With the overwhelming negative response i doubt it will be on in the final list.

I will be putting up a poll soon to get better numbers, but the basic 10 or so stages arent getting changed

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
FoD is unique from the other tri-plats in that it has close side blast zones and a high ceiling, making it a good pick for characters who die early off the top yet primarily secure kills horizontally/with edgeguards, or against characters who kill primarily vertically and get killed horizontally/via edgeguards primarily. Dreamland/YS/BF have the same type of blastzone (Far/Close/Average) for each. FoD also becomes a not tri-plat part of the time, which makes it the least uninteresting/redundant among the 4 tri-plats.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm looking for volunteers to be pool captains! To make the event run smoothly, I want people who have some experience running tournaments to help run a pool that THEY ARE NOT IN! All you need is to be in one singles event, but not the other (IE entered in melee singles, but not PM singles). Post here or message me if you're interested!

Oracle

Smash Master
Since people have been asking, here's a list of notable players who are coming to LTC2 (This isn't comprehensive, just off the top of my head.

Sethlon
Mew2king
CT Zero
Awestin
Oracle
Dakpo
Denti
Aerolink
Lunchables
FS|Frozen
Westballz
Ipunchkidz
Kaos
Neon
k9
Calabrel
Oro
Rat
Hylian
Strong Bad

This is in addition to the huge local scene dfw offers, players from houston, oklahoma, college station, and many more regions around the southwest. This tournament is going to be insanely stacked

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The only thing that could make this tournament more stacked is if POOB went!

Oracle

Smash Master
Also notable: WOBBLES IS CONFIRMED! Holy crap hes teaming with westballz thats gonna be insane

Oracle

Smash Master
I have another huge announcement! VGBootcamp is planning to stream Low Tier City 2! This will be the biggest stage texas smash has ever seen, and with Tourney Locator and VGBC streaming side by side, thousands will be tuning in to see LTC2!

juddy96

Smash Lord
Is it safe to say he's coming out of retirement? Questionable, at least.
This will be 2 big events in a month he's attended. But both are in his home state. If he ventures outside of his region, I think it's official.

Also, Oracle, can you provide any kind of pre-reg numbers for PM and Melee so far?

Last edited:

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
I have another huge announcement! VGBootcamp is planning to stream Low Tier City 2! This will be the biggest stage texas smash has ever seen, and with Tourney Locator and VGBC streaming side by side, thousands will be tuning in to see LTC2!
YES

With that kind of momentum, The MOAST 4 is sure to happen. Am I right or am I right? ;D

CORY

wut
BRoomer
YES

With that kind of momentum, The MOAST 4 is sure to happen. Am I right or am I right? ;D
i don't know, man. dkrew is pretty lazy these days. we've grown complacent with the likes of tourney locator and their homeboys taking care of the scene...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm so excited for this tourney and to see all of my friends again! Here's hoping I can make top 8 again n_n

Oracle

Smash Master
If youre going to be at infinity and beyond this week, I will be taking cash registration with a $5 discount! We will also be running a $5 off discount to online registration that day, but you have to tune into the stream to get the discount!

Also, if youre bringing a setup, please use the setup sign in sheet! Its the only way youre getting a discount for your setup!

Last edited:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
D1!! OMG YES! FANGIRL INCOMING!

Also, I'd really like to try commentating, how should I go about doing that? Just...ask during pools? What the etiquette for that?

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
D1!! OMG YES! FANGIRL INCOMING!

Also, I'd really like to try commentating, how should I go about doing that? Just...ask during pools? What the etiquette for that?
Message that Sprouse kid. :p

Comment from Infinity via facebook:
"Most of the commentary is already scheduled out. Talk to me in person at the event and I'll see what we can do for you."

Top Bottom