• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention! You all suck at Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroAnri

Smash Cadet
NC, Winston Salem -- Friend Code # 2148-7811-3109
i think if the ones who claim that noone is good in brawl yet only proves themselves suck at brawl...

i seen players playing brawl and i seen what a mastered "basic" Snake can do...thats enough proof to me that there are very good brawlers out there even after 3 weeks of its release...
dont even start me on team battles with Olimar and snake on same team...heres a clip of last nights tournament i attended...
props to echo for hosting it o/

note that friendly fire was on...so it does alternate the gaming techniques

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Eq3W2UA9Q

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
It'll be cool to see when people do get good with advanced techniques and everything.

- Prisma -

Smash Cadet
I think after 3 weeks, its hard to say who is good and who isn't.
Its true, there are a lot of techniques/glitches we are still finding, so we can't say for sure who is good and who isn't.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
HeroA *facepalm*
that wasn't very good lol
Olimar walking into Ganon upsmashes. Trying to pull Pikmin out 3 times when he already has all of them.
Snake Upsmashing Olimar and blowing up mines when ONLY Olimar is on them.
Like really, getting better is one thing but being good is another.
I give this, along with EVERY battle I've seen, (and I've watched every battle I can find) a C- grade and "Needs Improvement" comment but a G for "good effort".... for the most part lol

And flyinfil: where are these "amazing" competitive players that won't give it a chance? Last time I checked, most "amazing" competitive players are REALLY enjoying this game.

btw, If you see a battle with a bunch of stuff you haven't seen yet, it looks faster than anything we've seen possible, and there are NO stupid mistakes or missed attacks...let me know.
Because that might be a fluke battle where someone plays the game HALF good.

:p ;) :laugh:

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
you guys have clearly not played chu and chillin's pokemon trainers.

death X3

just please stop saying "pro" thats all i ask.

we're all done for when M2K gets his hands on it.
Already has, he flipped out due to a perceived lack of comboability. He's got a thread in the Marth discussions.

Yeah, tell that to all the amazing 'competitive' players who won't give it a chance.
Nah, most pros are pretty hype about it (with the notable exception of m2k). It's the up-and-coming/lesser known competitive players who are bummed. That's a discussion for a different thread however.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
HugS... you speak the truth. Everyone is way too touchy on this subject because people keep thinking that, just because Brawl is the sequel to Melee, that Melee experience should 1:1 transfer over to Brawl, which isn't true. It's more like (Melee skill : Brawl skill) a .5 : 1 transition. We all need to just calm down, play the **** game (if you enjoy it; if you don't, you're probably never going to because you've already made up your mind), and see what the community does with it. The more people play campy a**holes, the more they'll want to get even and will strive harder to beat them. That's a good thing, believe it or not.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol Hugs.

You've never watched anyone from IGN play have you?

True, though.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! EPF just won teh internetz! :laugh:

HugS, you win the internet. Hear, take in from this basket. Take it! It's all yours! You speak the truth. I suck balls. You suck balls. We all suck balls. SCREAM IT WITH PRIDE! I SUCK BALLS, AND I AM PROUD TO SUCK BALLS! ALL NINE OF THEM! O WAIT, NINE!?!?!? :chuckle:

Scream it like you mean it! You SUCK BALLS! Keep sucking, and be proud! Once we look and fix the big and little things, we'll stop the sucking. Then we'll start being good. It takes years to be skillful, not seconds, minutes, hours, a day, a week, or even a month. :laugh:

Leave it to HugS to speak the pure, unadulterated, and uncensored truth! :)

I call for a sticky! This thread rating thing is broken. I tried giving this thread a 10/5, and it didn't work. WTF!?!?!? :urg: :chuckle:

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
HEY GUYS
Initial Post Date: 02-08-2008, 04:46 Pm
02-08-2008, 04:46 Pm
AS IN, TWO MONTHS AGO

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I've been waiting for someone to say this, and I'm glad it was someone as respected as you HugS. You're absolutely correct: no one is good at Brawl. I wouldn't say everyone sucks, but the point is the same.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Agreement goes to HugS and Skyshroud. Why? Cause I'm not a close minded person. If people took their heads out of there *** for one second they'd see that everyone is almost the same right now in Brawl. Almost. Of course there are people that are better, but so far I'm seeing that if you know the basics of Smash, don't spam attacks, and knowing simple techniques, Brawl is basically about mind games so far. There is skill involved, but almost every hardcore Smash fan already has most of that skill.
The 2 (if I'm not mistaken) biggest skills of fighting games is technical skill, and smarts. Since most of the technical skill in Brawl is either not there anymore or automatic, players must now really almost completely on mind games.
Just as HugS said, we all do suck right now, but there may come a time tomorrow, next week, or maby next year when we find something in the game that, if used correctly, can turn the tides of the whole skill aspect.
I read a post of someone saying they disagree because they saw a video of someone doing something insane and that he, himself, would never get near that fast in Melee... He basically just proved the whole point of this topic in that sentence. He couldn't do it in Melee but he can do it now. Maby he worded it wrong, but that's basically the truth of Brawl. ****it, people, open your minds!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Now it's safe to say some people are better then others but nobody is amazing.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
It's ok guys, people are good at brawl now.

But they weren't when I posted this. Seriously....

Now people have actual knowledge of the intricacies of this game, and the "good" is actually present now.
But people are still agreeing with you?

Lolz

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
...well I'm still waiting for something revolutionary to make brawl a better game in terms of competition (and I'm also waiting the **** game to be released in Europe...)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't suck. Speak for yourself!

I'm probably the best Pit... ever. People don't know 'bout it either.

(Yes this thread was sarcastic and truly didn't progress the thread in any form or fashion. Sue me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom