• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTENTION Ike Forums! My Ike combo Video is COMPLETE

Hoser

Smash Ace
Very Very nice. I loved the infinite grab. I'm gonna practice that when I get my wii back today. I think I'm gonna make a video now soon. >.>

Bouse

Smash Ace
This needs a sticky, excellent video guide on mind-gaming with Ike and his general off-stage techniques. My game improved massively just by watching Silven's off-stage style.

XZA143

Smash Journeyman
Excellent video Silven. Utter brilliance. A few questions though: exactly how do you get ike to quickdraw back on to the stage as seen in 2:42; how do you get ike to appear to be somewhat mobile? Im still trying to decide what is the best approach with ike generally.

And last but not least. The ending made me :laugh: and :). Great taste. Thanks for showing us there's still more to achieve with ike.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Silven is TOO GOOD.

People like you make Ike look like he's still high tier. XD

Brookman

Smash Hero
I think Ike should have his own tier: 'Useless' it's somwhere near the middle though...

Alukard, your sig is awesome.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Excellent video Silven. Utter brilliance. A few questions though: exactly how do you get ike to quickdraw back on to the stage as seen in 2:42; how do you get ike to appear to be somewhat mobile? Im still trying to decide what is the best approach with ike generally.

And last but not least. The ending made me :laugh: and :). Great taste. Thanks for showing us there's still more to achieve with ike.
First off QD on the stage is almost as basic as ledgehopping...but it's either down/away and then immediately jump to QD.

And about making Ike look mobile, you just have to learn all his auto-cancels and make good use of QD to keep the space between you and your opponent to a minimum...this of course doesn't apply to all characters. Some characters require a strategy of their own..like playing against Olimar...you definitely can't play the same or you'll get shieldgrabbed HARD.

Approaching...can't really say much that will make sense and be general enough because it really just depends on who you're fighting.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
That was very refreshing, videos like that will keep Ike on my top 3 forever. I want to equal you one day Silven, and then I want to surpass you. Very very impressive, please make moar.

I've got a lot of vids up right now, including many Ike vids and Ike ditto vids. If you think you would ever want to fight me Silven send me a PM please.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I didn't see it, my bad if I missed it. I had a feeling it might be the case because his videos were against what seemed to be less than 5 other players.
I don't quite see why some people have such a prob with wifi they refuse to play it though. There is an instance where you can play online with lag so small it's practically unnoticable.

They're just rare, that's all...

Anyways, no harm no foul.

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
I don't quite see why some people have such a prob with wifi they refuse to play it though.
I know a Meta Knight who refuses to play anything online. Ever. Thinks it's the worst thing to happen to videogames. He's one Wii and one computer short of being a Luddite. He's even blamed losses in Brawl on being on an HDTV.

Bouse

Smash Ace
If the person with the HDTV is a moron and doesn't have the right cables you get button lag.

Edit: Also, you still lose anywhere from .3-.2 seconds using Wifi. If you're accustomed to it it should be fine, but it's not live play. When you're talking about someone who has frame perfect dodges, insane edge-guarding timings, and ridiculous pathing predictions... yes... Wifi is pretty bad*.

*Not that it's not fun, it's just that people proclaim true victory over someone based on games played via Wifi. Good players just don't want to have to tolerate that nonsense most of the time. Some don't care and will gladly stomp you anyway.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nice video Silven, you're one of the 5 best Ike mainers I've seen footage of.

*Not that it's not fun, it's just that people proclaim true victory over someone based on games played via Wifi. Good players just don't want to have to tolerate that nonsense most of the time. Some don't care and will gladly stomp you anyway.

That's why I only play friendlies on wifi. They don't matter but if the person says they're better than you from friendlies, than they're an idiot.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Are good smashers from Cal and NYC or something?

You're amazing, and it would be an honor to play you. But just like me, you hate online. >_>

Thanks a lot though. I was beginning to think Brawl had a broken metagame, but from seeing that vid, I see some hopes for 'the bad characters' or 'low tier'. I'm pleased with the vid, good job. You should go pro. ; )

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Nice video Silven, you're one of the 5 best Ike mainers I've seen footage of.

That's why I only play friendlies on wifi. They don't matter but if the person says they're better than you from friendlies, than they're an idiot.

Yeah I don't try to prove anything from online play. I just try to have fun, all my videos are from friendlys, and I respect all my opponents.

Except maybe when they use Meta Knight...

All that being lost it for a good 5 seconds today over how crappy it can be even to have friendlies online. One of those situations where I just refused to adapt to the lag. =(

Top Bottom