• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention BBR: Change the time out rule!!!

solecalibur

Smash Master
....wait

noo its not , Yeah it sounds fun if I wanted to play pokemon not smash ,
if it leads to a time out I'd prefer Stock / % or if they have the same stock just play it out with one stock 4 minute timer

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
AIGHT I HAVE A SUGGESTION

This **** is gold...I thought of this like 10 seconds ago.

aight check it

in The even that there is a tie in stocks at the end of a match:

A ONE STOCK BLOW FOR BLOW MATCH MUST OCCUR!!!!!!

rules for the blow for blow match

Played on FD, BF or SV.
Players stand in the middle of the stage....Players then rock paper scissors for the first hit

PLAYERS THEN PROCEED TO TRADE HITS (NO SHIELDING, YOU CAN ONLY DI) UNTIL ONE PLAYER DIES (BLAST ZONE)

now you are probably thinking...wait I can just **** with kill moves....Thats not the case

ONCE YOU USE A MOVE YOU CAN NOT USE THAT MOVE AGAIN UNTIL YOU HAVE USED ALL OF THE USEABLE MOVES

-USEABLE MOVES
ALL B-Moves
ALL Titls
ALL Aerials
ALL Grabs
ALL Smashes

you can not use pummel...and jabs are to continue untill they DI out in which that means your turn is over

Smash attacks CAN'T BE CHARGED...makes the game go faster

ALSO ANY MOVE THAT CAUSES A CHANGE IN STATUS (Jiggs Sing any move that cause a person to trip) mertis a loss of the other person's turn.)

etc.
Kirby vs Jiggz
kirby uses Ftilt as first move (which means he can't use this move for the rest of the game)
jiggs uses Dair
Kirby use Dthrow
Jiggs uses Sing
Kirby loses a turn from sleeping
Jiggs use Dsmah
etc

Game goes on until Someone dies...this is clearly, CLEARLY the best alternative to Timeouts.
Using a complex experimental apparatus that would not be comprehensible to the average SWF poster, I have SCIENCEtifically proven that this is the best possible ruleset for brawl.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^this guy know's. The evidence of the proposed gametype being the best possible ruleset for Tiebreakers in such a game, that we know to be called brawl, is substantial and anyone who dare say otherwise is clearly delusional.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Seriously it sounds like a minigame in mario party

There is no skill involved once you develop a flow chart of what you should do and in what order

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
according to TKO's rule ganon and falcon become epic at that point with their neutral b's ;)

Obviously though he's jesting.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario: Uair
Dair/Fsmash
Ftilt
Fthrow
Fart

Your opponent is not dead

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike:
Fsmash
(Jab Combo if needed)
Perfectly timed Eruption charge.

Heck, I could probably kill most opponents with just the Fsmash -> Eruption. Maybe Bowser could survive the Eruption after taking the damage from Fsmash. That rule only says no charging smash attacks. Eruption isn't a smash attack.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Wario: Uair
Dair/Fsmash
Ftilt
Fthrow
Fart

Your opponent is not dead
that is a sad day in warios world if after all of that (im sure a minute will have passed) fart doesnt kill

Ike:
Fsmash
(Jab Combo if needed)
Perfectly timed Eruption charge.

Heck, I could probably kill most opponents with just the Fsmash -> Eruption. Maybe Bowser could survive the Eruption after taking the damage from Fsmash. That rule only says no charging smash attacks. Eruption isn't a smash attack.
you have to play whatever character you played in the match...so if someone manages to timeout an ike but doesnt succeed (don't see why anyone would time out an ike) they suffer the consquences and true I did not say you can't charge B moves...Should have said no charge attacks at all...rule will be revised...lol

Seriously it sounds like a minigame in mario party

There is no skill involved once you develop a flow chart of what you should do and in what order
The skill is knowledge of your character, good sir, knowing what move does how much and what move kills at what percentage so you don't waste your kill move to early. this should dissuade all people from every trying to time out (espeically MK's becaues they will get royally ****ed in:

THE GAUNTLET!

this method also elimnates the use of trivial info in the game such as AIR TIME

GROUND TIME

Launch Distance

amount of aerial done

you clearly cannot judge a winner off of this ****...its stupid

you judge a winner by
WHO ACTUALLY WINs!!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
you have to play whatever character you played in the match...so if someone manages to timeout an ike but doesnt succeed (don't see why anyone would time out an ike) they suffer the consquences and true I did not say you can't charge B moves...Should have said no charge attacks at all...rule will be revised...lol
You're both at last stock, high %s? Seeing as it's Ike, ya might not wanna go for the kill and just run down the clock. Ike's jab can kill after all, particularly if near the stage edge.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
TKO, are you allowed to preform advanced techniques to set up an attack? Specifically, jump, double jump, air dodge, buffered jump + downB, neutralB hit.

If so... Ganon.
turn 1: up tilt. (unless you consider grounded [turning] warlock punch to be a different attack from aerial as it deals a different amount of damage)
turn 2: flight of Ganon to aerial turning warlock punch.
I like this game.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
YOU CAN DO any form of set up but after you DO damage the turn is over...so like no D-throw to Upsmash with falco

all Dacus's are allowed so the Gatling combo is allowed and other things like that

solecalibur

Smash Master
you even quoted when I ment , We could have a flow chart online , and say ftilt-)fgrab-)NeutralB-) etc , you would want to time someone out even more because Ike can probly kill jigglypuff in this... strange way of a draw

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I love how you can't take a joke...I clearly would not allow this at my own tourney but you are legit in here cutting it down like this is truely a proposed alternative to Timeouts

Theres pretty much no legit way of handling this timeout situation but the way closest (and easily distiguishable) is by percent...so its whatever

Luxor

Smash Champion
For a few posts there I thought you were serious.

BPC's comment on the need for a smashristocracy made me lol
because it's so true. Too many idiots- honestly, I go on AiB when I wanna see that.

Notice my post count there is 1 or 2.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Cant detect sarcasm on the internet in tone of voice

=/ , almost lost my lady friend recently because that lol

NNID
Budget_Player
For a few posts there I thought you were serious.

BPC's comment on the need for a smashristocracy made me lol
because it's so true. Too many idiots- honestly, I go on AiB when I wanna see that.

Notice my post count there is 1 or 2.
DEAR GOD THIS

I swear to god. AiB is GARBAGE. The only reason I go there is to play on the wifi ladder.

Top Bottom