• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attack Stick? Tap Jump? What's your controls? (Updated)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>_> What ever. You can't hold the control stick back the whole time as you retreat with Nair or Fair.

And AB, if you're still on, PM to let me know so we can brawl over wifi.

Thossos

Smash Cadet
how do you make C Stick into your tilt stick? O_o
that would make my life so much easier, I have a problem with pressing too hard

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
meh I forgot where it is exactly but I think it's in the option menu where you move check your change your stage music. Just make a new nick name and then switch your controllers to attack stick.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's hard for me to picture using nair without the C-stick anymore.. I just can't leave attack C-stick with Ike.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Wow, even with nair with A when I used nair with A. (beginning)

I have been smash Di'ing more consistantly lately, so I guess I can keep that too.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
>_> What ever. You can't hold the control stick back the whole time as you retreat with Nair or Fair.

And AB, if you're still on, PM to let me know so we can brawl over wifi.
Actually, you can. Ike's jump start up time is hella slow. You can buffer a nair towards the end of his jump startup, then hold back as you're leaving the ground, and be drifting back while nairing the whole time you're in the air.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Funny thing is the only thing I use my C stick for atm is up tilt, down air, and retreating fair. Considering the rate that I get flat out comboed nowadays I was considering using a c stick to SDI but then I realized I was just flat out DIing wrong in the first place. If I had to choose between down airs and SDI, I'd rather personally take the down airs because the moves you're typically getting flat out comboed by on ike will **** you regardless of SDI due to the fact that a lot of them move as theyre happening (the main one that comes to mind is sheik's ftilt). I nair manually, I even do retreating back airs manually because it doesnt matter which stick you're using, you're better off using A to back air instead of getting an empty or double hop.

As for walk off versus full hop fast fall, I'd rather telegraph something less since telegraphing in of itself is one of ike's worst traits, but I do both as necessary.

Sito Sama

Smash Cadet
There really no point to B-stick with Ike.
Actualy works prety well for me, gives me a unique style of play and some interesting mind games. I don't realy use it for special attacks just jumping backwards after running ^^

Although Tilt sticking seems more useful I can't seem to pull away from b-sticking~

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you can jump backwards out of a run easy as hell w/ Ike w/o a bstick.... i mean, you have like... 8 frames to press backwards after you've pressed jump to hold back...

Sito Sama

Smash Cadet
you can jump backwards out of a run easy as hell w/ Ike w/o a bstick.... i mean, you have like... 8 frames to press backwards after you've pressed jump to hold back...
Haha yeah I know that but on wifi its actualy realy hard to do it instantly, with bstick I can instantly do it and fake out a potential bair into a nair, fair, etc.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's not any different from RL to Wifi for something like that. You just run > jump > hit back > hit aerial. Same timing no matter what.

Top Bottom