• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South LoL Thread

Master Raven

Smash Master
Riven is so fun. Funny enough in that game that Benny talked about I completely forgot her ult had a second command which I didn't use at all LOL I could've gotten a lot more kills with it :( (went 2/1/11 that game)

I'm already getting a good feel on how to play her. She's really good at bruising and I won a game not too long ago going 13/6/11 with this build: lucid boots/frozen hammer/atmogs/thornmail/bloodthirster. The enemy team was a bit AD heavy (Nasus/Garen/Kogmaw/Annie/Sona).

Her W is really good for farming creeps and especially good for chases (in conjuction with E) AND jukes. I mainly run Exhaust/Flash if I'm gonna solo top. Is she good for bot laning too?

Player-3

Smash Hero
trust me joe. i know vayne inside and out when it comes when to enter a team fight and how to position myself for every situation. almost at caox level. imo she is very very hard to play.

i even said kogmaw is WAY easier than vayne...suggesting that kogmaw is an easy char compared to vayne.

also a bad character will always be a bad character. miss fortune has no place in this game anymore cuz of recent champs such as graves or talon
yep

This.

To use the maximum effect of Vayne's toolset, she has to actually weave through the teamfight and have bad positioning.

Tumble's gotta make you go somewhere. Her KB has to be positioned with risk.

Early game she's full ******. Mid full ******.

But your late game teamfights she's high risk high reward.

Also *****es don't know about Teemo.
late game vayne has no risk

because everything just melts and they can't fight back

with this build: lucid boots/frozen hammer/atmogs/thornmail/bloodthirster.
go kill yourself for building atmogs on riven

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
miss fortune is bad i don't consider her an AD carry anymore she's been so outclassed

also, no other AD carry requires vayne positioning except arguably kog'maw because he has no escapes
Yep, I no longer feel the desire to visit this thread anymore.

Master Raven

Smash Master
My Noc is getting evil. Went 8/1/13 in a ranked just now pulling ganks left and right early game >:3

Master Raven

Smash Master
fine I'll experiment with more glass cannon-y builds on her. I'm still building SOME defense based on enemy comp but I'll put more focus on offense. It's just a lot of Rivens I see play her as an offtank for some reason. I've only used this char for 3 days now so I still have a bunch to learn. I'm also figuring out her jungling route (idc if she's not one of the best, if any champ is decent at jungling I'll learn that role for them just so I have someone to fall back to if for some reason I have to).

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
nah bro

best riven build

5 BTs one guardian angel

come at me
Been trying that, but I find that Riven can't put of AD items and rush a BF sword.

I start boots1/pots, then I try to stay in lane until I get a BF sword.

:phone:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
fine I'll experiment with more glass cannon-y builds on her. I'm still building SOME defense based on enemy comp but I'll put more focus on offense. It's just a lot of Rivens I see play her as an offtank for some reason. I've only used this char for 3 days now so I still have a bunch to learn. I'm also figuring out her jungling route (idc if she's not one of the best, if any champ is decent at jungling I'll learn that role for them just so I have someone to fall back to if for some reason I have to).
Talk to flat soda or I guess someone better than him. Cause he said your build wasn't what it was supposed to be.

Player-3

Smash Hero
riven is a good jungler, but a much better top lane

i recommend learning how to solo top

Been trying that, but I find that Riven can't put of AD items and rush a BF sword.

I start boots1/pots, then I try to stay in lane until I get a BF sword.

:phone:
buy a brutalizer first.

Master Raven

Smash Master
solo top is prob my favorite role right now. I can solo top fine with Riven.

I'm not gonna jungle with her until I get 2 more AD quints though

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I usually do

Doran's, Brutalizer, Merc Treads, Frozen Mallet, Blood Thirster

but from experience I guess my build is pretty "meh"

But I'm kind of curious about putting a Ninja Tabi on Riven, it seems like it could be nice in theory.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I usually do

Doran's, Brutalizer, Merc Treads, Frozen Mallet, Blood Thirster

but from experience I guess my build is pretty "meh"

But I'm kind of curious about putting a Ninja Tabi on Riven, it seems like it could be nice in theory.
ninja tabi is good if you're laning top vs like garen/tryndamere/renekton/nasus or any physical damage dealer

Winge

Smash Rookie
Add me on LoL Winge Hinge if anyone wants to duo queue that's around 1600 or if someone wants to play normals I'm always up for it.

Riven is my main and I usually do Jungle on her but my top is strong too for her. The build I do is cloth armor 5 for starting and I go wriggles, cdr boots or merc treads, ghostblade, frozen mallet(people speculate this is not cost effective but I like the survivability with the slow), BT, and then defensive items. For top lane it's pretty much the same deal.

Top lane masteries are http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=3-1-0-0-4-4-0-0-3-2-3-0-0-1&tree2=0-3-0-3-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-3-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 and I take exhaust flash for top.

The reason I don't take Lethality is because when Riven uses her ult, when she crits the attack damage multiplier from her ult does not apply on crits so I feel that lane sustainablilty and cdr is better for her.

My rune page is weird, I made it myself and I feel it works very well for both laning and jungle. It gives her a strong start with attack damage and defensive stats. I start cloth armor and 5 health potions so this allows me to have high attack damage while having no attack damage items.

Reds: 6 Armor pen runes, 3 flat attack damage runes.
Yellows: Flat armor runes.
Blues: Flat magic resist runes.
Quints: Flat Attack Damage Runes.

The use of the 3 attack damage quints and the 3 attack damage reds allows for early game dominance. The math makes this build stronger early game against using armor pen vs attack damage. I feel this works best because early game is the most important and armor pen is easily obtained from items later.

Sorry for the wall of text if you guys want to ask any questions on Riven I'll be happy to answer them.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Add me on LoL Winge Hinge if anyone wants to duo queue that's around 1600 or if someone wants to play normals I'm always up for it.

Riven is my main and I usually do Jungle on her but my top is strong too for her. The build I do is cloth armor 5 for starting and I go wriggles, cdr boots or merc treads, ghostblade, frozen mallet(people speculate this is not cost effective but I like the survivability with the slow), BT, and then defensive items. For top lane it's pretty much the same deal.

Top lane masteries are http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=3-1-0-0-4-4-0-0-3-2-3-0-0-1&tree2=0-3-0-3-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-0-3-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 and I take exhaust flash for top.

The reason I don't take Lethality is because when Riven uses her ult, when she crits the attack damage multiplier from her ult does not apply on crits so I feel that lane sustainablilty and cdr is better for her.

My rune page is weird, I made it myself and I feel it works very well for both laning and jungle. It gives her a strong start with attack damage and defensive stats. I start cloth armor and 5 health potions so this allows me to have high attack damage while having no attack damage items.

Reds: 6 Armor pen runes, 3 flat attack damage runes.
Yellows: Flat armor runes.
Blues: Flat magic resist runes.
Quints: Flat Attack Damage Runes.

The use of the 3 attack damage quints and the 3 attack damage reds allows for early game dominance. The math makes this build stronger early game against using armor pen vs attack damage. I feel this works best because early game is the most important and armor pen is easily obtained from items later.

Sorry for the wall of text if you guys want to ask any questions on Riven I'll be happy to answer them.
I'll be glad to play with you. I'll add you when I get the chance.

Master Raven

Smash Master
****ing hate playing with teams who can't teamfight worth a ****. We had a Nasus disconnect near the end of this game and we STILL lost. I was doing pretty well as jungle Riven too (I got like 2-3 successful ganks early and game ended with me going 7-6-8, virtually all deaths from teamfights)

edit: MALZAHAR'S SO ****ING FUN LOL

Winge

Smash Rookie
You should try trinity force on her, it seems to be a really strong item. I feel attack speed will be great for her, I haven't tried her out yet but I have been messing around with some theory crafting before I do.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i did try a couple games with trinity force but i found myself building her like gp with it going straight in warmog/atmas. also i use attack speed/armor pen runes on her. she is like tryn/gp combined imo, might make her go ghostblade first for the gp5 into trinity/ie or w.e (thats if i solo top with her/lane)

Winge

Smash Rookie
her base armor and magic resist stats are high enough where you shouldn't need to build atmogs. Her dragon form also essentially doubles her base armor and magic resist as well. I feel atmogs is a waste on her as her survivability is already strong enough with wriggles and trinity force. Then again, I haven't played her yet so I can't speak from experience just from the stats I see.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
she has ridiculous amounts of hp, her sustain is already good early game, but the same can be said about gp or garen, just another option to off tank...she can glass cannon, solo top tanky dps, jungle. versatile indeed

Winge

Smash Rookie
at this point I feel she is best solo top, there are other junglers that you would rather have on your team so I'd leave it up to the better picks and go solo top with her. She has no abilities to sustain her but her base stats are incredibly high. She should be built bruiser(tanky dps *NOT ATMOGS*) I feel building her glass cannon will give you less damage output considering how fast you will drop in team fights.

The point of her is to stay in the fight as long as you can in dragon form and deal crazy amounts of aoe. If you build her glass cannon you won't be able to get into the middle of the **** storm team fight and won't be able to dish out damage. Going a mix of dps and tank allows you to get in and do your role of doing tons of aoe damage.

Again, once I play her I will be able to give a better evaluation and item build but I do not have the IP for her yet so all I am saying is just speculation

DFEAR

Smash Hero
she has no innate sustain, its the items.

shes like irelia kinda, maybe dunno shes her own char tho definetely

Master Raven

Smash Master
yorick too good. doesn't get enough love. i'm saving ip for runes now since i def need more for jungling and some other characters too

Top Bottom