• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit - Third Event TBD...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Welcome to the Atlantic North Melee Circuit!

The good ol' days of fierce competition are back with the ANMC! The current Brawl ECRC circuit has proven to be a great tool to jump start the tournament scene with intense competition, awesome tournaments, and great prizes. This lead to our group now providing what we call the ANMC - The Atlantic North Melee Circuit.

All events of this circuit will be hosted by some of the best TO's the Atlantic North has to offer in the tristate area (NJ/NY/PA), and will be open to everyone who wishes to participate. As of now, the circuit will run throughout the fall and winter, and will be for singles only (but all events will also host doubles).

The ANMC will be brought to you by:
Alukard
ChiboSempai
Eggm
GOTM
Vanz
Scar
SwiftBass

You may contact any of us via PM or posting in this thread.

Schedule

We are still working on exactly which tournaments we will use for our circuit, but here are our choices so far:

1. Alukard's No Johns Melee Biweekly - November 1st

2. Scar's Smashpocalypse VI - December 13th

ToS' Clash of the Titans (TBA)

TSA's Smashtality V (TBA)

MattDotZeb's Mass Madness (TBA)

More events will be announced at a later date

Current Standings
Only top 32 people are shown. See Excel sheet for all entrants.
(Ties are listed in no specific order)

Singles
Excel Data

1. Mew2King - 90
2. Jman - 70
3. Reno - 27
4. Teh_Spamerer - 25
4. Tope - 25
6. Eggm - 22
7. Teczero - 18
8. Heart Break Kid - 16
8. Scar - 16
8. Vanz - 16
11. CopyCat - 12
11. DJNintendo - 12
11. Cyrain - 12
11. Sensei - 12
15. Linguini - 10
16. Javier - 9
17. Hazzard - 8
18. GMoney - 6
18. Pakman - 6
18. Velocity - 6
18. Lol_Master - 6
22. Alukard - 4
22. Hax - 4
22. Phish-It - 4
22. Tec9 - 4
26. UltimaScout - 3
27. Awsmsean - 2
27. DC Scribz - 2
27. Dot Eater - 2
27. Oorah - 2
27. RyanK - 2
27. Spawn - 2
27. Vex Kasrani - 2
27. Warrior of Zarona - 2
27. Will Luong - 2

Doubles
Excel Data

1. Cactuar - 70
1. Mew2King - 70
3. Eggm - 70
3. Jman - 70
5. Heart Break Kid - 37
6. Teczero - 27
7. DoYoung - 25
7. Hazzard - 25
7. Teh_Spamerer - 25
10. Reno - 24
11. Scar - 20
12. GMoney - 18
13. Pakman - 16
14. Cyrain - 15
14. Linguini - 15
14. Tope - 15
17. Vanz - 14
18. Alukard - 12
18. CopyCat - 12
18. Dionis - 12
18. DJNintendo - 12
22. Grille - 10
22. Hax - 10
22. Phish-It - 10
22. Tec9 - 10
26. Dot Eater - 8
26. Javier - 8
26. JFox - 8
29. DC Scribz - 6
29. GMoney - 6
29. GOTM - 6
29. Matt L - 6
29. Mogwai - 6
29. Oorah - 6
29. RyanK - 6
29. Sensei - 6
29. Will Luong - 6
29. Zro - 6

Rules

Rules when running an ANMC tournament:
  • Tournament must be ran using Tio Tournament Organizer
  • Approximately 10% of the prize pot from singles and doubles must be kept for the ANMC fund (which will be used to pay the winner(s) at the end of the circuit). Please give the money to ChiboSempai, or if he is not present, then to another director of the ANMC (preferably Scar or GOTM).
  • Enter entrants names exactly as they tell you
  • Enter the doubles entrants appropriately (team name in the nickname field, and player's exact names separated by a +. Even if a team like M2K and Cactuar's team name is just M2K and Cactuar, put M2K and Cactuar in the Nickname field and Mew2King + Cactuar in the Player Nicknames field)
  • Use pool seeding for singles. Eliminating down to 32 players for the double elimination bracket after pools is recommended, but not required.
  • Please upload results to All is Brawl as soon as possible.

Rules when attending an ANMC tournament:
  • Please enter under the same player name at every tournament. This will make it much easier to track your results! If you notice there is an error with your player name in the results of a ANMC tournament, please PM me.
  • While you are allowed to split money on your own terms, there must be a solid placement for the winners of the tournament. For instance, if the top 3 players split, the results still must have someone at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as there will be no splitting of ANMC points. It is STRONGLY recommended that you play out every tournament set.
  • Have standard tournament etiquette. Don't give the TO a rough time.
  • Please arrive on time, it makes everything easier.

FAQs

When is the ANMC?
You can expect the ANMC to run primarily throughout the fall and winter of 2008. The first event is on November 1st.

How will the ANMC work?
At each of the tournaments listed above, players will be distributed points based on their placement within the top 32 ranks for singles or top 16 teams. Upon the completion of the circuit the top players will be entered into a special double elimination bracket at our final tournament (TBD) who will battle it out for the grand prize. Read on in the FAQ for how many people will make it to the final event, and how doubles will work.

What is the prize?
From now until our final event, the ANMC will raise money whether it be from small percentages taken out of our various tournaments, provided by sponsors, or by other means. This money will then be given to the winner of the final event (Payout to top 1 or 3 TBD, mainly will be based on how much money is available).

Current Funds: $115 (Not putting the other $100 from SPOC6 till I get the money from Scar :) )

Does it cost anything to enter the ANMC?
Nope! All you have to do is participate in the singles and/or doubles events at the ANMC sponsored tournaments (standard tourney fees still apply) and we will automatically keep track of your placements.

How can I keep track of the ANMC?
You can get all of the latest up-to-date information about the ANMC (including current rankings) here on this thread in the first post.

What is the point distribution for singles and doubles?

Singles
  • 1st Place - 45 points
  • 2nd Place - 35 points
  • 3rd Place - 25 points
  • 4th Place - 15 points
  • 5th Place - 12 points
  • 7th Place - 10 points
  • 9th Place - 8 points
  • 13th Place - 4 points
  • 17th Place - 2 points
  • 25th Place - 1 point
Doubles
  • 1st Place - 45 points
  • 2nd Place - 35 points
  • 3rd Place - 25 points
  • 4th Place - 15 points
  • 5th Place - 12 points
  • 7th Place - 10 points
  • 9th Place - 6 points
  • 13th Place - 2 points

How is the final event set up at the end of the tournament?
To determine the rankings for the singles circuit, we will add up the top 4 point values earned at tournaments for each person. Assuming there are 6 circuit events, players have 6 chances to earn points. You earn 0 points if you don't attend the tournament or if you place below 32nd. The top 32 players will be chosen from the current standings to enter a 32 person double elimination tournament with skill seeding (no location or crew seeding to ensure the most accurate skill seeding). If there is a tie for who makes it in the 32nd spot, a round robin set will be played amongst the players. If someone from the top 32 is absent, a bye will be given to the 1st person in the standings, or (in the event of a tie for #32) an extra person that is tied will be allowed in without having to do a tie breaker. (Or if there is a 3 way tie, two of the players will advance from the round robin instead of 1) No one beyond the 32nd spot will be allowed in the singles bracket.

Doubles will work slightly different due to obvious complications. Essentially, just team with your favorite teammate and do great at each event. When your team places at the end of a qualifier, you will each receive your own points. When creating the teams for the final event, this is how it will go: The person in first place will be asked to choose his/her teammate. The only requirement for choosing a teammate is that you must choose a teammate you have teamed with before at a circuit event where you won points. For instance, if Eggm teamed with Jman at every circuit event, he will not be allowed to all of a sudden choose M2K as his teammate for the final event. Additionally, if Eggm had teamed with Scar at a circuit event and did not place top 16 (receive points), then he may not choose Scar as his partner for the final event. We will then ask the next person in line who they want to team with, and we will keep going until 16 teams are made. For instance, say rank #1 chooses to team with who is at rank #3, we then ask rank #2 who they want to team with. If rank #2 chooses rank #4, we would then next ask rank #5 who they want to team with, since ranks #3 and #4 already have a teammate. This system was chosen as everyone is not able to always team with the same person at every event, and in case some people may not be able to make it to the final event. If there is no one you can choose to team with following the regular rules, exceptions may be made at judge's discretion.

Anything else?
Whether you're an old melee veteran or a newcomer to the community, we insist that you come out to our events. Even if you aren't ready for the competition, you can have fun with tons of friendlies working your way at your pace. Additionally, we also keep good coverage on our ANMC events with photos, videos, and other media to help keep all smashers in the loop!

JFox

Smash Hero
Awesome, this is just what melee needs. I hope that we follow through this year, cuz the last time a circuit was annouced we never made it to the end.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
to help spread the word, you can also use the logo in my sig in yours (i made it a tad smaller in my sig to fit better), and make it a link so people can get back to this page easily

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thx for the sticky

lol the robs always in my sig, i just add all the other bars to the right of it. everyone loves a spamming side dodge down smash rob in brawl :) lol

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Would it be possible to organize a CT event for this?

EDIT- Or I should say, if we organize a CT event, can we get it added to the schedule?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Atl North Melee Circuit question: Why not VA? plenty on people in VA play Melee. Most who've moved on to Brawl aren't Brawl exclusive. Plenty of VA people would love to go to and all Melee tourney. Plus, NC, SC, and GA are more likely to come if a tourney is held in VA.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
atleast for our first one we decided to keep it centralized here in the tristate area. we werent completely sure if many other areas would be ready to really be apart of it (though i have noticed a decent string of events in ct area), so we planned to use this period to attract attention and see if a new melee circuit can really take off, then for the next one include more areas.

however, since we only have 4-5 events planned as of now, if we are in need of other tournaments i will keep it in mind that CT and VA are ready to host an event.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Melee! Finally I find a tourny that hosts melee. I've never been to a tournament and I guess I'm a noob. I main Falco and Falcon and I can pretty much do every AT. The only thing I have trouble with is edge teching.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Melee! Finally I find a tourny that hosts melee. I've never been to a tournament and I guess I'm a noob. I main Falco and Falcon and I can pretty much do every AT. The only thing I have trouble with is edge teching.
yess stepp awaaayy from the Brawl... . . . . .... . I said put the brawl down! :laugh:

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol I hope M2k comes to one of the No Johns, I wanna get a 3/5 set on video tape with him. (I dnt care if I get ***** lol)

Cia

das kwl
YES!! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AMAZING!!

and eggm isn't going to win this because he plays falco. his average stock is worth about 40% :laugh:

::subscribes::

Alukard

Smash Hero
ooo baby ... i still say we need to get on this bigger ... TEAMS AS WELL =\ ... its soo amazing in melee when u are working together and having to b on ur toes against not 1 but two people ... just saying if possible =P

this is sooo awesomez =]

DEFINITELY SUBSCRIBED !!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i would like to do doubles but we have to think of an effective way. its proving to be an odd situation with the way the ecrc is doing it now, and thats without saying we dont even know 100% how were doing it there. im sure we'l be able to find a way to get some teams in this, the directors will talk it over and find a way.

directors - discuss it in the social group

GOTM

Smash Champion
yeah i mean teams is like cool and all but its always a lil weird cuz not all the time can everyones teammate make it, so sometimes teams dont get the points they deserve.

Top Bottom