• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit Opener! First Event at the NO JOHNS Bi-weekly Nov.1st!

Alukard

Smash Hero
If u dont know wat the ANMC is check this thread out ... also quit life!http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192420

Ok so i'm going to host the first event of the anmc in nj people about 25 mins on bus from 181st in nyc. Anyone that still loves to play melee should def. show up and show support.

Ok first off ... we need tv's and set ups ... the venue has 2 tv's and a wii.

We really need tv's and set ups ... i can't stress that enough

26-13 Broadway, Fair Lawn, NJ, 07410 ... THERES A DOMINOS PIZZA LITERALLY NEXT DOOR TO THE VENUE =)

the stores website shows driving directions, parking and much more so check the site b4 any questions. also if ur goign by public trans. its the 1 train to 181st and then a port authority nj bus heading to fairlawn it should b $3.50 one way ... so thats really cheap ^_^

http://www.gamersgambitonline.com/index.html

DATE:

november 1st

TIME:

BE THERE AT 12:30pm TOURNEY STARTS AT 1:30PM SHARP

PLEASE BE HERE ON TIME GUYS... PLZ

ENTRANCE FEES AND VENUE FEES:

VENUE FEE: $5

DOUBLES: $10 PER PERSON

SINGLES: $10 (there will b pools)

RULES:

* Melee:
o BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS I CAN'T B MORE EXTREME WITH THIS BECAUSE WE CAN'T SUPPLY U WITH ANY. ALTHOUGH EVERYONE SHOULD B USED TO THAT RULE.

o All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.

o All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.

o Counterpick rules:

+ First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which stick for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. No reset on random is allowed.

+ Following rounds: Looser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, looser chooses character.

+ You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row.

o Singles neutral stages:

+ Final Destination

+ Battlefield

+ Pokemon Stadium

+ Dreamland 64

+ Fountain of Dreams

+ Yoshi's Story

o Singles counterpick stages:

+ Corneria

+ Rainbow Cruise

+ Jungle Japes

+ Green Greens

+ Mute City

+ Brinstar

+ DK64

+ PokeFloats

o Doubles neutral stages:

+ Final Destination

+ Battlefield

+ Pokemon Stadium

+ Dreamland 64

+ Yoshi's Story

o Doubles counterpick stages:

+ DK64

+ Corneria

+ Rainbow Cruise

+ Jungle Japes

+ Green Greens

+ Brinstar

o Items are off.

o If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.

o Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.

o You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.

o Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.

o Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.

o Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.

o GOTM's rule is in effect. Ice Climbers' wobbling is banned. of course unless ur doing it on inui ^_-

**about 10% of the pot will go towards the anmc fund (the money that will be awarded to the winner at the end of the circuit)**

List of people that are coming for sure is over 60 peeps ... AHHHH too good =]

R3N0

Smash Lord
first edit:: 2nds
10renos

edit: D.A.M.N.I.T!!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm obviously gonna be there since I live right next to the ever so sexy Alukard and we leave together =) We're definitely gonna **** hardbody.

Chibo, I brought my Super Nintendo to the last bi-weekly and played Super Mario RPG all alone =(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm obviously gonna be there since I live right next to the ever so sexy Alukard and we leave together =) We're definitely gonna **** hardbody.

Chibo, I brought my Super Nintendo to the last bi-weekly and played Super Mario RPG all alone =(
lol dont worry if theres time at the next one im at, il join in lol

yea maybe change the title to like No Johns MELEE Biweekly - 11/1/08 - FIRST ANMC EVENT!
or something like that lol

edit: mention that about 10% of the pot will go towards the anmc fund (the money that will be awarded to the winner at the end)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents

Bring it this week I'm always up for SNES games...always.

And yeah, I may be coming to this.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol dont worry if theres time at the next one im at, il join in lol

yea maybe change the title to like No Johns MELEE Biweekly - 11/1/08 - FIRST ANMC EVENT!
or something like that lol

edit: mention that about 10% of the pot will go towards the anmc fund (the money that will be awarded to the winner at the end)
*fixed* =]

this is going to b almost as hot as milktea LOL

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol get at melee for stayin alive lol

EDIT... scar plz hurry and give me those matches we had at mass maddness cuz they were amazing ... and i need all the samoose footage i can get cuz i barely have anything =P

JFox

Smash Hero
Alukard, we should make a list of who is going, so that people OOS can see how big and amazing this tournament is gonna be.

Linguini

Smash Master
Aight ima def. be at this and wrecking some *****es with ganon.

MM's vs my ganon?

Ill mm any falco with my fox, sheik, or in falco dittos(mah "fun chars").

Anyone good want to team it up?

Alukard

Smash Hero
do you have to register for the ANMC? or we just go to the event
no u can just go to the events ... u have to keep up with them urself tho ... by checking in on the threads about it ... the info is on the other thread that chibo made

JFox

Smash Hero
Def at linguini to that lovely large list of smashers who are attending. Now we've gotten mad OOS credit.

Wheres CT at. We represented hardcore at MM, and we are prolly gonna take hitstun and esticle by storm. better do your part *****es.

R3N0

Smash Lord
alukard u know what u should do? for $1 less on their entry fee, people who make their own sigs lol ;)

Alukard

Smash Hero
hahahaha reno ... u and ur jokes lol ... nah but umm theres no way that could happen lol ... for obvious reasons lol

R3N0

Smash Lord
IM JUST TRYING TO BE FUNNY

you know like haha funny.

For Jfox

DJN's

Jman's

G$

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm definitely bringing my Super Nintendo again. Well, I'm always gonna bring it regardless whether we have time to play it or not lol. My sig is definitely the cutest, no johns.

Hey Crismas, did you finish making me a blue Bowser sticker for my controller? In addition, I want a Marth sticker too lol.

R3N0

Smash Lord
alrightie ill make ya one, its gonna cost ya though.....

thats right... all the tea..

Pakman on t3h crack.

Alukard

Smash Hero
omfg ... these sigs are madddd nice lol ... and hilarious ... jesus's gay fox lmfaooo ..... and G$$$$ HAHAHAHA omfg i wish he posted more so i can laugh at it more LOL omfg i literally scared my gf's room mate lmfaooo ... alright well those are beastly ...pakmans is my favortie next to BIG APPLE 3 A.M. =]

Top Bottom