• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit Opener! First Event at the NO JOHNS Bi-weekly Nov.1st!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea, draft crews are being given up at this one to make room for pool seeding, and the fact that the brackets will take longer cause of a lot more ppl

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
i'd like to come, but i need a little more info on travel. i'm coming from boston and i'd like to make it a one day trip so my first question is:
When do you expect this to end? i know how unpredictable things like this can be, but if you had to guess...
and i was also wondering if you could put up more info on the bus from NYC, such as a route number or a web site. i would just rather not get to nyc and then miss the tournament because i couldn't find the bus to new jersey. and will the same bus take one back to nyc at the end of the day? and do you know the name of the stop that you would get off at once in new jersey. and finally, where's the bus drop you relative to where the tourney's being held.

i know these are some pretty specific questions, but i tried looking online and had no luck finding the bus that you described. i would like to come though, sounds like it's going to be great.

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Hello Everyone,

On average how many people often come to these bi-weeklies?

And sorry if this sounds dumb, but does No-Johns mean?

Hope someone whose well informed on this can help me out?

JFox

Smash Hero
Hello Everyone,

On average how many people often come to these bi-weeklies?

And sorry if this sounds dumb, but does No-Johns mean?

Hope someone whose well informed on this can help me out?
We're expecting around 50 people for this event because it is the opener of a circuit of tournaments around the east coast.

JFox

Smash Hero
No johns. NJ made it to Mass madness. And this tourney is gonna be so much hotter than that, and without brawl to get in the way.

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
no brawl... eh... idk.. im a brawl player now I have made the transistion :-/ *shrugs* guess ill wait for a brawler tourney

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
We're expecting around 50 people for this event because it is the opener of a circuit of tournaments around the east coast.
Thanks a lot JFox, i appreciate that, definitely sounds like it's worth the trip. Now what exactly Does No Johns mean, i think you answer it in another post but i wasn't sure if i was reading the right thing?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no johns is something smashers say that kinda means like no complaining.

i hope this has atleast 50. if all of NE comes with full NJ NY and PA attendance, this could easily break 50.

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
no johns is something smashers say that kinda means like no complaining.

i hope this has atleast 50. if all of NE comes with full NJ NY and PA attendance, this could easily break 50.
With the aspect of most of the NJ,NY,PA players coming to this event, does that mean that there is a strong possibility that M2K and PC Chris would show up as well?

If them, then what other Big names in NJ,PA,NY would come too...I'm not very familiar with the pro players in the smash community so if anyone knows please fill me in, thanks a lot!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
If M2K is interested I will probably be driving him. He has been all brawl lately. However, he is going to Event 52 in Kansas this weekend for melee.

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
If M2K is interested I will probably be driving him. He has been all brawl lately. However, he is going to Event 52 in Kansas this weekend for melee.
Oh ok, thanks, Does he seem interested to enter this circut? Considering it's a series of tourneis...Oh and this store that the 1st event is being held in, It IS in FAIRLAWN, right?

And this store does in fact host bi-weeklies melee tournies right?

JFox

Smash Hero
A john is an excuse. No johns is no excuses.

PC Chris probably won't come. M2k might come, depending on if there are brawl tourneys going on that same day.

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
Hey i Visited the store today so I'd know where it is. Good to know that There is a bi-weekly tourney Happening on the 26th, I'll do my best to be there.

Who all is going to this bi-weekly tournament?

Alukard

Smash Hero
get @ the thread title lol ... also i like mk2 if we can have a majority vote or a discussion about it that proves why it should or shouldn't b one it would soo help to decide on putting it on =]

there isn't going to b a tourney the 26th ... i'm not going to host it so that i can have a better attendance for the circuit opener ... sry dudes ... just thought i should let everyone know thats why i put it in the thread title

zachyjcosta

Smash Apprentice
get @ the thread title lol ... also i like mk2 if we can have a majority vote or a discussion about it that proves why it should or shouldn't b one it would soo help to decide on putting it on =]

there isn't going to b a tourney the 26th ... i'm not going to host it so that i can have a better attendance for the circuit opener ... sry dudes ... just thought i should let everyone know thats why i put it in the thread title

oh ok thanks for the heads up on that

R3N0

Smash Lord
velocity do u plan on coming to this? i dont think so you brawl head =x

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. I call Cass a brawl head, and he got offended. I really don't see why cuz he likes brawl. and if he liked crack, I would've called him a crack head..

and =/ I didn't even know teczero was coming to this

<_<

Ryan-K

Smash Master
everytime someone gets ignored on smashboards, teczer0 receives a surge of power

with the recent rise in stupidity lately this is hardly a surprise

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL.. I call Cass a brawl head, and he got offended. I really don't see why cuz he likes brawl. and if he liked crack, I would've called him a crack head..

and =/ I didn't even know teczero was coming to this

<_<
LMFAO being called a brawlhead is soooooo degrading ROFL.

<333 Jaden man play me againz plzzz :(

wait tec0 lives?
LOOOOOOOL

<3333333 do you still play that sexy samus of yours????

everytime someone gets ignored on smashboards, teczer0 receives a surge of power

with the recent rise in stupidity lately this is hardly a surprise
LOOOOOOL

I don't really ignore that many people :laugh: omg though I have been clicking that button more often though :laugh::laugh:

Dude I haven't played you since like... 3 years ago or sumthin :(. Go to this so I can play you ;)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
LOOOOOOL

I don't really ignore that many people :laugh: omg though I have been clicking that button more often though :laugh::laugh:

Dude I haven't played you since like... 3 years ago or sumthin :(. Go to this so I can play you ;)
Yeah I plan on goin to the next one :)

I haven't played like any of you guys in a really long time, i really wanna :)

Top Bottom