• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF - We actually get laid

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
yo NKB what song is that on game 2 of chu vs korn?
"Tsukiakari no Michishirube" by Stereopony

It translates to Signpost of the Moonlight or The Moonlight is my Guide/Guidepost.

NeverKnowsBest is the best in this crew on the basis that he has really fast and precise fingers and can leadshot which means HE CAN SEE SOMETHING BEFORE ITS COMING WHICH MEANS HE CAN PREDICT WUT UR GOING TO DO (gunz did this to him OHSHT)
ROFL! Ophy is too goodz!

I am sooo happy to see someone else from GunzFactor got into the smash scene =D

I always felt like I was talking to walls when it came to talking about brawl on GzF.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
GzF is all newgens now man, nothing like it was back in 05-07, I miss that game soo much can't wait for GunZ 2, I'm only good at Brawl and Melee cause of GunZ :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The only Snake Holy really loses to is Ally.

ShadowROB beat DSF many times when he was active/DSF was using Snake mostly. Same with HugS.

t0mmy lives in a stupid state with no good players.

Chibo ran even with Afro in a MM I think at Apex. Not sure about that one though.
MaXXXpower also beat DSF's Snake. Toasty nearly beat PC's Snake. I can't prove much myself considering most of the top-level Snakes I've played switched to a different character against me (because they know how bad the matchup is, surprise surprise).

ROBs in general have a very good record vs Snakes. Believe whatever you want Tant, but ROB beats Snake.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
snake does not lose to rob roflmao
thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard...he doesnt come close

NL use to think that which is probably why he always used him against me...and he never beat me with rob
ive never lost to a rob
and i beat holy at apex crews

toasty almost beat pc b/c pc doesnt use gernades
ive never switched characters agiainst jcaesar and have never lost to him...nor any rob in tourny (might have lost to nackers once maybe in the first month of brawl but thats about it)

everything at top level of play is completely diff.
rob does NOT beat snake

period.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Snake's only bad matchups are generally Falco and D3. I have versed people with Rob and won against Snake. But it's only because they don't know the matchup. Snake vs Rob bout 55-45 most likely Snake's favor.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
in the end its exactly how ive always said it would be. matchups between characters dont mean squat. its all about matchups between players.

@ candy - TEACH ME TO SNAKE PLZ!!!

@thumbs - k9 called it right, you would be ****ting yourself if something like that happened in melee, that was a clever mind game capitalization move. no reason to be so closed minded seb.

@ jjvirus - money match me in + next time you show up, ill put 5 bucks on my zss against anything you got.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
*sigh*...don't damage your credibility as an informed individual, JCz. Well, it might be too late.

Then again you don't even play Brawl anymore.

Snake beats ROB.

WARNING: 3AM toasty rambling [/Johns]

Before, Snakes thought they were Fox McMeleeCloud and could just spam the busted part of their moveset and achieve success over lesser characters. Metagame evolution [aka: people realizing they need to ****ing pay attention and stop being ********] is in Snake's favor and, unfortunately, not in the limited hands of ROB.

It's like a backwards "One for you, two for me" kinda thing. Sure you'll get your "one" on Snake, but that n*ggas stackin it up in the meantime with his twos...he'll be in % for an edgeguard but you're in % for an utilt...or...anything really XD

Better example: Pikachu Vs. Ganon in Melee. "ooh you can juggle Ganon with uairs!"

Yeah, great, you hit Ganon with 22 uairs and did 18 damage.

"Oh no! Ganon hit me 5 times! Why did I lose a stock?"

Welcome to Snake vs. ROB 2K9 *****.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
toasty you disappoint me.

ive never switched characters agiainst jcaesar
Yes you did you ****ing liar. We've only played in tourney once, at one of Chu's biweeklies, and you went Snake once out of 3 games. We even played a friendly earlier that day, ROB vs Snake, and when I won (which I didn't expect to) I asked if you were sandbagging and you said no.

Lol @ this ****, ROB sucks, at least compared to Snake. Get out.
You're right, ROB does suck. The only reason he's not lower on the tier list is because of his good matchup vs Snake.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I was there that day jcz, and I watched candy 2 stock you at frigate with snake

I was rooting for you

At any rate- rob doesn't beat snake, and will be lower on tiers in good time

thumbswayup

Smash Master
toasty you disappoint me.

Yes you did you ****ing liar. We've only played in tourney once, at one of Chu's biweeklies, and you went Snake once out of 3 games. We even played a friendly earlier that day, ROB vs Snake, and when I won (which I didn't expect to) I asked if you were sandbagging and you said no.

You're right, ROB does suck. The only reason he's not lower on the tier list is because of his good matchup vs Snake.
I actually saw that set between you and Candy and for whatever reason he did go MK for one of the games. I can't remember if it was the first or second game or what the reason was (maybe he felt like playing MK for fun who knows), but the third game yeah Tant is right, it was on Frigate with Snake. lol don't know why I remember that

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Don't take it as such a definite, ROB CAN beat him...you have to play it properly, of course, but it's MUCH easier for Snake to "play it properly" from what I've experienced/seen.

I mean if you want a huge generalization, ROB can camp him pretty well, but Snake can bait the **** out of ROB and punish infinitely harder. And that's only part of it.

But honestly? What the **** do I know???

I quit caring after November C3 ECRC ['08] and completely quit in like February or March.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm pretty sure I was there that day jcz, and I watched candy 2 stock you at frigate with snake
I lost to his DDD, beat his MK, then lost to his Snake on Frigate. It definitely wasn't a 2-stock though. I distinctly remember it being down to last hit (after I planked him all match).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh, so i did remember close to correctly

Dedede is also a favorable match for rob

MK is not a 70:30 match, btw, its more like 60:40 MK's favor, once you know the match there are many viable options (hence why you can beat his mk and not his snake)

Anyways, no one has really had solid proof to prove that ROB beats snake, so i'm sticking with my story

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
MK is not a 70:30 match, btw, its more like 60:40 MK's favor, once you know the match there are many viable options (hence why you can beat his mk and not his snake)
I beat his MK because his MK sucked ***.

Anyways, no one has really had solid proof to prove that Snake beats ROB, so i'm sticking with my story
Same.

Ya'lls need to play Halo.... <_<
MW2 all day baby!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im startin to think snake beats rob

rob used to beat him, then ppl became intelligent

its a magical thing that happens when the game is no longer 6 months old

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
im startin to think snake beats rob

rob used to beat him, then ppl became intelligent

its a magical thing that happens when the game is no longer 6 months old
That's possible. I haven't exactly kept up with the metagame since I quit, but as of March 09, ROB still beat Snake.

I wouldn't exactly call G-Reg, Chillin, Candy, or Ally unintelligent Snakes though, even a year ago.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Camping strategies with grenades have changed. You're not going to be sniping their grenades anymore to stop their camp and give them damage.

Snakes in general just play differently than they used to it seems. Gimps hardly work on Snake anymore.

Just look at it statistically. ROB can't kill Snake till a bajillion percent. Snake kills ROB at around 100-110. It's very tough to land moves consistently on Snake without getting a bajillion % on u in the process (uh oh kill percent).

It's certainly not too bad of a matchup though, Snakes overall camp game doesn't bother ROB as much as other characters, and when you get Snake off stage you'll be able to dish a good amount of damage on him (though not kill anymore).

Top Bottom