• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atacking while holding nade

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
this is very simple so its probably nothing new. but i watched alot of video and never saw it. i thaught it could be usefull. And i had never seen it before

So if you hold a nade and drop it to regrab it. well usualy people just throw it or run with it. but i found you can actualy use down tilt for the sweep attack if you crouch walk before doing down + a

MBreeto

Smash Ace
yea, but snake has much better moves he could be using other than dtilt. However, it could be good just to use once to mix up your game.

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
Except crouch walking to dtilt probably takes long enough for the nade to blow you up. =/ Correct me if I'm completely wrong. (2/3+ of cooking time is NOT completely wrong.)

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
yea, but snake has much better moves he could be using other than dtilt. However, it could be good just to use once to mix up your game.
then maybe i am missing something, because i thaught that once you held a item you could only use your B move as all the A move throws the item

this works with all item like doing a down tilt while holding a rob 's gyro. it does seems usefull as people expect you to throw the gyro

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Also u could mind game with the nad by re grabbing it and then charging up a fsmash. YOUr opponent tries to attack u after your fsmash is done and then ur nad blows up in there face....

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
If your ftilt, utilt, bair, nair, usmash, fsmash, c4, or nades are not working to kill your opponent for some reason then dtilt with nade in hand is a great option.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've mentioned this somewhere, possibly in one of my vids.... but I know for sure I have :p

About the fsmash mindgame:

Most opponents go "WTF IS THAT ANIMATION" the first time they see it, then go to punish, and either eat the grenade or a FCFS to the face.

I use it like once a set or less.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I have done aerials while holding a grenade. I hate it when I do that because Snakes aerials have lots of lag or are really long so I end up sploding from the grenade.

Meganimal

Smash Rookie
It's a bit dangerouse because if you do a laggy aerial while you hold a nade, youre opponent will grab you and throw you away and you must take the damage of grab, the damage of the nade and maybe damage of a potential combo so...

eroninja562

Smash Cadet
F-smash grenade combo is a really bad idea because if your opponent is smart, chances are they're going to run as far back as possible and spam projectiles or wait for the grenade to explode.

Top Bottom