• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Random question- I know Sakurai has talked about Halo before, but has he ever talked about/acknowledged Doom's importance to the industry?

ceterisparibus

Smash Apprentice
Okay cool I haven't seen this before.
Man I really hope Doom's legacy was enough to put Doomguy on Nintendo's radar.
He mentioned it briefly while naming a list of game creators (many of whom have not seen their creations included in smash), and John carmack was responsible for a variety of FPS games, not just doom.
Don't think this is something to put much stock in.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Assuming Doomguy is the last DLC, a great entrance animation could be the teleporter in the classic Doom games, it could use the sound effect.

That's a cool idea.
If he had his classic armor as an alt, it would be neat if he entered the match with the green teleport only when using his classic armor. The modern armor could use the blue portals from Doom Eternal.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507
And speaking of other details, what could be a good victory theme for the marine? I was between the music when you complete a chapter (victory theme) and when you complete a level in doom 1 (intermission from doom), also the tune when you find a collectable in doom 2016.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
And speaking of other details, what could be a good victory theme for the marine? I was between the music when you complete a chapter (victory theme) and when you complete a level in doom 1 (intermission from doom), also the tune when you find a collectable in doom 2016.
Honestly, Intermission from Doom is the best candidate a la Cloud's Victory Theme. It's practically synonymous, and it's a banger, too.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of good ideas on Youtube, but this one is my favorite-
Having different renditions for his modern/classic look would be a really neat touch.
Intermission could play on a loop like Cloud's as well.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Yeah, the Intermission from the first Doom game would be the perfect theme for him. Endless loop like Cloud's.

Also, it may be just me but I kind of like the SNES version of the Intermission theme better. Maybe something like a slightly sped of version of that for his victory theme? Or something more similar to it?

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
I think they'd more than likely use the Battlemode victory themes from Doom Eternal:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
QuakeCon starts soon and it looks like some details are already coming out. Namely the ESRB rating a Quake 1 rerelease for modern platforms and the Slayers Collection coming to Switch. We'll probably see the former announced later today. Ranger for Smash.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Doom really has such a long history with Nintendo when you look back. Its weird that DoomGuy wasn't ever a popular pick for Smash until somewhat recently.
Coming to think of it, he probably has more history on Nintendo consoles than any other FPS character.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
For some reason, I'm getting a soft doubt about a fighter being revealed.
same, I wouldn't be surprised if they just made an event of its own to reveal who it is, sort of like Byleth or who the Arms character was gonna be.
And since the focus is on games launching this winter, I don't expect any big 1st party games to be announced either.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
We might be getting our wish, kind of.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Check the whole thread, it'll explain everything.

EDIT: Well, scheiße. Turns out that screenshot was fake. I just checked.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

Maybe it's a Doomguy Mii costume?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yeah but a Doomguy Mii costume could still be a possibility, as I don't really think he'd be a playable character yet anyway.
Oh ****.

What if that ancient Cacomallow leak was actually legit in a roundabout way?

We could get a Cacodemon hat with E1M1 if Doom Guy isn't the final fighter or still get it as a part of his costumewave.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Wow, and I thought Marauder had already been trivialized enough. The grenade setups alone seem enough to up my game against him, but killing by firing the BFG in the opposite direction from him looks funny.

The master level for Taras Nabad was a great challenge, especially on classic, but I’m ready for another one now whenever they’re ready.

And again, if Doomguy Mii costume happens as a consolation prize, that’s cool. I’m fine with it at this point.

Warumian

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2475-1882-3507

what does that mean? even if it was fake at the end, I didn't understand

GolisoPower

Smash Master
what does that mean? even if it was fake at the end, I didn't understand
There was a screenshot going around about the Bethesda copyright showing up at the Nintendo DLC page for Challenger Pack 11. That one turned out to be fake in the end.

Top Bottom