• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
So I already asked something that's usually not very talked about, on the Conker thread a few days ago, and I'm going to ask the same question here:

What do you think would the Smash crowd say when they're cheering for Doomguy?

Should it just be: "DOOM - GUY!!!" ?? I don't know, what do you think?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I already asked something that's usually not very talked about, on the Conker thread a few days ago, and I'm going to ask the same question here:

I imagine it would go something like this:

"DOOM SLAYER! RIP-AND-TEAR!"

Or maybe just "RIP! AND! TEAR!", similarly to how Wolf's crowd cheer doesn't really explicitly say his name.

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman

It would probably be "Dooooom Slay-er, Dooooom Slay-er". Doomguy is just a popular fan name, The Doom Slayer is the only name a game has really gave him, besides just "marine".

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Does anyone know where this Doomguy render comes from? I saw it posted on Star Road and it looks amazing.
He doesn't seem to fit with the other characters, especially with that helmet. Looks a bit too gritty compared to the others who have more of a consistent, pristine look.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If Doomguy isn't the FP5 fighter (Like Vergeben said), and the VGA will tease a second pass then perhaps he'll be revealed there.

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice
page 69

nice

anyway, back to what I wanted to say:
But Joker, Bayonetta and Doomguy also still shoot and kill people.
The real reason Heavy won't get in is cause TF2 ain't on a Nintendo.
Yes, but they do it with faaaantasy guuuuns.OOOoooOoOoOo.
i'd go with...The Heavy
Ivan, I think you've got me beat on raw manpower. I'm going to have to go pick up more characters.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe the real reason CERO doesn't allow real firearms is because they might get in trouble with the local military.

Then again, even the old NES eventually stopped distributing the Zapper in its greyscale color scheme because it "looked" too much like a gun. To say nothing of Konami's initial black Justifier model...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Maybe the real reason CERO doesn't allow real firearms is because they might get in trouble with the local military.

Then again, even the old NES eventually stopped distributing the Zapper in its greyscale color scheme because it "looked" too much like a gun. To say nothing of Konami's initial black Justifier model...
Okay, but Shadow the Hedgehog has realistic firearms and it’s CERO A in Japan. I don’t see the issue here. Did Shadow the Hedgehog get in trouble with local police?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, but Shadow the Hedgehog has realistic firearms and it’s CERO A in Japan. I don’t see the issue here. Did Shadow the Hedgehog get in trouble with local police?
The game didn't reach enough of an audience to even get in trouble, let alone be seen as a quality game (or taken seriously for that matter, we still get Ow the Edge jokes to this day). Although it's apparently okay if it's not Sonic, I guess.

Some things manage to get past the ratings boards without any apparent explanation, just look at Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. The thing's a blatantly unfinished mess, and it still got rated E, seeing as it didn't have anything objectionable in it. The bigger name you have, the less likely it is not to be noticed.

Last edited:

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty neat! Maybe there's gonna be an Eternal skin for Doomguy as the primary one... Could be that or the Classic one.

Anyways, let's get to something that I'd like to ask you, guys:

How do you picture Doomguy's reveal and where?

In my opinion, it could appear at VGA. I don't think it will be a surprise reveal this time, but it would start with the usual Smash logo.
The entire trailer is anime-styled, with Palutena and Pit walking around what seems to be a hellish environment (Or just a dark reddish place, not really too hellish, lmao).
Pit would then ask Palutena what are they doing there, in which Palutena just says they will require extra help against Darkon... They soon reach a metallic door, very similar to the classic metal doors from Doom 1 (First hint it is Doomguy), the door opens as they reach it, making the distinctive opening sound from Doom 1 (Second hint).
Suddenly, they are both ambushed by the forces of Hell, which could be Cacodemons, Hell Knights/Barons of Hell and Revenants... They both start dispatching the demons accordingly, while fighting their way inside the facility...
Soon, they find the tomb already opened... While they try to think why is the tomb opened, a Cyberdemon sneaks behind them, ready to shoot a rocket, only for the Super Shotgun to sneak near the side of the Cyberdemon's head, making the Cyberdemon turn his head a bit to see the barrels... Only for the Cyberdemon to be blasted right in the face and be knocked away (no gore, remember, so it would make more sense the Cyberdemon is just sent away).
The angel and goddess stare at Doomguy on a platform whom he used to injure the Cyberdemon... Doomguy hop and drop on the floor with good force to echo around the area they are in.
Pit then asks who the hell is that guy, in which Palutena smirks: "What we were looking for..."
The screen turns to Doomguy reloading the Super Shotgun, in which at this point, the flavor text appears.
There might be gameplay or it will just jump to "In Development" card.
Super Smash Bros x DOOM
February 2020
Credits
VGA continues as usual...

It would literally blow my mind if they make it anime-style, absolutely no one would expect it happening, thinking it's another rep.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
That's pretty neat! Maybe there's gonna be an Eternal skin for Doomguy as the primary one... Could be that or the Classic one.

Anyways, let's get to something that I'd like to ask you, guys:

How do you picture Doomguy's reveal and where?

In my opinion, it could appear at VGA. I don't think it will be a surprise reveal this time, but it would start with the usual Smash logo.
The entire trailer is anime-styled, with Palutena and Pit walking around what seems to be a hellish environment (Or just a dark reddish place, not really too hellish, lmao).
Pit would then ask Palutena what are they doing there, in which Palutena just says they will require extra help against Darkon... They soon reach a metallic door, very similar to the classic metal doors from Doom 1 (First hint it is Doomguy), the door opens as they reach it, making the distinctive opening sound from Doom 1 (Second hint).
Suddenly, they are both ambushed by the forces of Hell, which could be Cacodemons, Hell Knights/Barons of Hell and Revenants... They both start dispatching the demons accordingly, while fighting their way inside the facility...
Soon, they find the tomb already opened... While they try to think why is the tomb opened, a Cyberdemon sneaks behind them, ready to shoot a rocket, only for the Super Shotgun to sneak near the side of the Cyberdemon's head, making the Cyberdemon turn his head a bit to see the barrels... Only for the Cyberdemon to be blasted right in the face and be knocked away (no gore, remember, so it would make more sense the Cyberdemon is just sent away).
The angel and goddess stare at Doomguy on a platform whom he used to injure the Cyberdemon... Doomguy hop and drop on the floor with good force to echo around the area they are in.
Pit then asks who the hell is that guy, in which Palutena smirks: "What we were looking for..."
The screen turns to Doomguy reloading the Super Shotgun, in which at this point, the flavor text appears.
There might be gameplay or it will just jump to "In Development" card.
Super Smash Bros x DOOM
February 2020
Credits
VGA continues as usual...

It would literally blow my mind if they make it anime-style, absolutely no one would expect it happening, thinking it's another rep.
Bonus points if the Goblin Slayer animation studio, White Fox, is the one behind it. I’m picturing it right now, and it seems pretty damn worthy of the Doom name!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

So, is this our proverbial Artsy-Omni style incident? Easily a bit of a better job than the Agnes hoax last year.
I wouldn't say that. It was never presented as a leak (When I saw it I never took it that way anyways) but it's a cool render. I had no idea the guy who posted it was the one who made the render, just thought he took it from somewhere else. I'd definitely be happy if this was how Doomguy looked in Smash.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
So what's the verdict on the recent Cacodemon mii hat pic? It looks exactly like the one from the first leak with the Mallow hat.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So what's the verdict on the recent Cacodemon mii hat pic? It looks exactly like the one from the first leak with the Mallow hat.
Results are inconclusive. No decent evidence towards the hats being real or fake.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's the first I hear of this latest leak. Mind reposting it?

Results are inconclusive. No decent evidence towards the hats being real or fake.
So, nothing changed since the month started.

If this is fake, the person who made these is stringing people along for a much longer time than the Grincher. How much longer is this going to go on?

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Whatever chant the crowd would do for Doomguy, I want it to sound demonic like Ganondorf's. I like the implication the demons that started worshiping him after his legendary killing spree in Hell pre-imprisonment are cheering him on.

Also, you wake up from your 10 year coma just in time to attend EVO 2020 and see this:
irouoer5g9o0uerg8uiy3t98u7yw5tw879y.png

wyd
(vs template by lkgaming)

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am preparing myself to be letdown by FP5. The overall FP was a disappointment although Banjo was great. The FP was too Japanese-centric and I expect a Japanese-centric character for FP5 that we won't really want.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
That's the first I hear of this latest leak. Mind reposting it?

So, nothing changed since the month started.

If this is fake, the person who made these is stringing people along for a much longer time than the Grincher. How much longer is this going to go on?
Instead of setting myself up for serious disappointment I'm just going to assume these mii hat leaks are being created by some smash modder dragging this out for the perfect moment.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I on the other hand am open to any possibility and can understand the reasoning behind an inclusion. So what if the character you want isn't FP5? Don't forget that there's still more DLC coming afterwards, so one shouldn't just throw up their arms and give up until someone gets Mii'd/AT'ed.

A character that isn't your hope doesn't take away the circumstantial evidence that Doom Slayer seems to have, and actually removes one of many obstacles in his path.

Instead of setting myself up for serious disappointment I'm just going to assume these mii hat leaks are being created by some smash modder dragging this out for the perfect moment.
Still seems to be grasping at straws on their part to just mock two specific fanbases, instead of as many as possible, which is what the Grincher did.

I don't know what to make of this at all. For all we know that "perfect moment" would be the absolute end of the DLC cycle two years from now, so it's best that we stop bringing this up. To my experience, things actually happen when I stop checking up on them.

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
I assume you're talking about this one right? It looks like a recreation to me, a pretty good one but still a recreation non the less.
1573916633081.jpg

Last edited:

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
I assume you're talking about this one right? It looks like a recreation to me, a pretty good one but still a recreation non the less.
View attachment 247119
That was demonstrated to be a modded hat from Vince's Hat.
Even if they made the hat from scratch in Ultimate, notice the Mii Head is changed, probably trying to be funny to subtly circumvent the filesize limitation.
I swear, if the guy uses a normal Mii Head, it will definitely crash the game.
Also, see the outline of the Mii Head joining with the hat, looks like crap.
The hat and Mii Head on the original leak looks perfectly fine.
To further debunk this, there's no gameplay video. Further demonstrating this might be even photoshopped or compressed to the max... But maybe if they try and play with it, it just crashes the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if there will be a new trailer for Doom Eternal will show up at the Game Awards.

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if there will be a new trailer for Doom Eternal will show up at the Game Awards.
I have no doubt that at least something Doom related will be there. The Game Awards is a celebration of gaming, and this year is Doom's 25th anniversary. So I feel like Doom will at least have a small presence there. At the very least it'll probably be an Eternal trailer or a concert(maybe both).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I have no doubt that at least something Doom related will be there. The Game Awards is a celebration of gaming, and this year is Doom's 25th anniversary. So I feel like Doom will at least have a small presence there. At the very least it'll probably be an Eternal trailer or a concert(maybe both).
Actually, it's Doom 2's 25th anniversary. Doom 1's 25th anniversary was last year.

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it's Doom 2's 25th anniversary. Doom 1's 25th anniversary was last year.
Yeah, but they're marketing this whole year as the 25th anniversary of Doom. I was referring to their marketing. Not whether or not it's Doom's actual anniversary, sorry for the confusion.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, but they're marketing this whole year as the 25th anniversary of Doom. I was referring to their marketing. Not whether or not it's Doom's actual anniversary, sorry for the confusion.
Well, they celebrated Metal Gears 30th anniversary for like 3 or 4 years so it's not unlikely that they're just celebrating that it's more than 25 years old in generalization.

Top Bottom