• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I kinda suspected it was going to be a Smash 4 Rayman situation.

Still, I guess Doomguy’s chances were artificially inflated, but now they’re just back to how they were.
Never forget my seven holy points!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
According to Sabi, the mii fighters aren’t related to who Fighter 5 is. So if the leak is real, it’s for post pass. So no Geno or Doomguy for Fighter 5.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I kinda suspected it was going to be a Smash 4 Rayman situation.

Still, I guess Doomguy’s chances were artificially inflated, but now they’re just back to how they were.
Both the Smash 4 Rayman and this situation felt more convincing for me in hindsight than the Grinch leak, at least. That said, the creator of the Mii hat and stuff probably wanted to be seen as the next Grinch.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
I'm not throwing out this leak until there is 100% verifiable evidence that it was falsified and the cur responsible for it has been identified and castigated with extreme prejudice.

Too many times, I have seen leakers like Sabi come out and make grand "99% positive" verdicts about supposed leaks from their single source, riddling their vernacular with meandering half-truths and stalling deflections while failing to provide testable proof that can definitively back them up.

The only time these intelligence racketeers are willing to spill the beans is when the jar holding them has either a: reached the absolute tipping point or b: been shattered into pieces after having struck the floor, it's contents scattered far and wide from the point of impact. While I can respect their dedication to abide by the moral refraining to spoil, them prolonging what they might know to be an inevitable demise is akin to torture, serving only to further rub salt into the wounds of misplaced speculation and sowing anywhere between distrust to outright malignant derangement among those who the leaker ultimately wronged.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm not throwing out this leak until there is 100% verifiable evidence that it was falsified and the cur responsible for it has been identified and castigated with extreme prejudice.

Too many times, I have seen leakers like Sabi come out and make grand "99% positive" verdicts about supposed leaks from their single source, riddling their vernacular with meandering half-truths and stalling deflections while failing to provide testable proof that can definitively back them up.

The only time these intelligence racketeers are willing to spill the beans is when the jar holding them has either a: reached the absolute tipping point or b: been shattered into pieces after having struck the floor, it's contents scattered far and wide from the point of impact. While I can respect their dedication to abide by the moral refraining to spoil, them prolonging what they might know to be an inevitable demise is akin to torture, serving only to further rub salt into the wounds of misplaced speculation and sowing anywhere between distrust to outright malignant derangement among those who the leaker ultimately wronged.
It's not Sabi refusing to spoil. She said that her source hasn't come out yet with who fighter 5 is. Just not Crash, Ryu, or now Geno or Doom Slayer.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
It's not Sabi refusing to spoil. She said that her source hasn't come out yet with who fighter 5 is. Just not Crash, Ryu, or now Geno or Doom Slayer.
I was speaking in a more general sense but in any case.
According to Sabi, the mii fighters aren’t related to who Fighter 5 is. So if the leak is real, it’s for post pass. So no Geno or Doomguy for Fighter 5.
So now, in accordance with what these bozos have said, we're now hoping that this Mii costume leak is proven fake?

Despite the Mii Costumes being our best indication to the Doom Slayer's inclusion into Smash...

Those double-crossing blighters.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hey all. Looks like some evidence came out suggesting the Mii costume leak COULD be faked easier than we initially thought. I still hope you get your guy in Smash even if he's not FP5 at least he could show up down the line. I was always team 50/50 on this leak so I'm not surprised, but it could definitely still be real so best of luck to you all either way.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So what if neither geno nor are guy is involved of pack5

Both are still likely regardless of fake or not

Oh I’m heard there’s something about bamco and capcom involved because because I’m seeing a lot of Dante and Lloyd for some reason?

I don’t have a source

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
So what if neither geno nor are guy is involved of pack5

Both are still likely regardless of fake or not

Oh I’m heard there’s something about bamco and capcom involved because because I’m seeing a lot of Dante and Lloyd for some reason?

I don’t have a source
Sabi's source has deconfirmed: Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, Geno, and Doomguy for fighter #5. I still think this leak has a better chance of being real than most people now say it does. Sabi's source has NOT been able to deconfirm this leak, so I think that alone is good news. Doomguy and Geno could be the first two characters we get post pass.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If I had to place my bets now, I think that a Resident Evil character is most likely to get announced at the VGAs. And based on everything that has happened, I think Doom Slayer, Ryu Hayabusa, and Crash are all very likely post pass.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
If I had to place my bets now, I think that a Resident Evil character is most likely to get announced at the VGAs. And based on everything that has happened, I think Doom Slayer, Ryu Hayabusa, and Crash are all very likely post pass.
I agree with this. If the world was perfect, this would be who we get:

Ryu Hayabusa, Scorpion, Doom Slayer, Heihachi Mishima, Crono, Lloyd Irving, Geno, Jill Valentine and Leon Kennedy (Echo), Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, Gordon Freeman, Dante, Master Chief, and Sora. I think that list would make the most people happy. Though there are probably too many fighters on it.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sabi apparently said that if the Mii leak is real, then it deconfirms Doomguy and Geno, but with how back and forth she goes on things, I'm not too trusting regardless. If that were the case though, then I rightfully would hope that it's fake.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Sabi apparently said that if the Mii leak is real, then it deconfirms Doomguy and Geno, but with how back and forth she goes on things, I'm not too trusting regardless. If that were the case though, then I rightfully would hope that it's fake.
From the twitter comments earlier it sounds like Sabi doesn't believe post-pass content is being worked on which is a pretty strange thing to think.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I wouldnt sweat it too much. I still think the leak is real myself. Sabi’s honestly become kind of an arrogant jerk lately so I’m not gonna take what they say as gospel. Also thinking that this being real deconfirms the two is ridiculous. The Smithy hat is probably real if Mallow is. There’s no way we’d get 3 mario rpg costumes plus the chocobo hat with another square rep. And if we got a different Bethesda character I cant see us getting two Doom miis

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
From the twitter comments earlier it sounds like Sabi doesn't believe post-pass content is being worked on which is a pretty strange thing to think.
I don't share Sabi's belief. When they announced more fighters after the fighters pass, it literally said "NEW FIGHTERS NOW IN DEVELOPMENT!" in the announcement. If the leak is real then it would actually make sense as to why we saw the Miis this early, the Miis are finished but the fighters aren't. That's just speculation on my part though. I could be totally wrong and this leak could be fake, but this leak lines up with my theory. So until someone comes forth and claims the leak(with evidence)or we get a SOLID debunk(from Sabi's source, or a faithful recreation would do), i'm going with the leak being real until proven otherwise.

Edit: You also have to remember that the Terry video was made about a month ago, meaning Terry Bogard was pretty much finished a month ago. Giving them plenty of time to work on fighter 5, and maybe get some early work on fighters 6 and 7(which would be their Mii costumes). Again this is my speculation, none of this is confirmed.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Fighters 1-3 were being worked on at the same time, so at max they could work on like 3 fighters at once. Probably likely at this point they’re working on 5,6, and 7. If Miis are real, then it’s whoever 5 is, Geno, and Doomguy I guess.

Last edited:

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
One other thing to note is that this year is 2019, which Id have been vehemently marketing as being "The Year of DOOM". Not revealing the Doom Slayer as FP5 for TGA would be a massive missed opportunity in my books, especially in light of DOOM Eternal's delay.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sorry for the detour, but I have been playing through the first Doom and it has been fun.
I got to get this off my chest: I think Episode 4 sucks.
Teleporting enemies, map design that hates you, and VERY LIMITED ammunition kills my enjoyment of the game.
Am I alone on this or is that the general consensus?

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
One other thing to note is that this year is 2019, which Id have been vehemently marketing as being "The Year of DOOM". Not revealing the Doom Slayer as FP5 for TGA would be a massive missed opportunity in my books, especially in light of DOOM Eternal's delay.
This, this is why I feel if he gets in the best time would be now. I'm not gonna lose all hope if he isn't 5 but still...
This is also kind of why I kind of feel like the hats could be real despite all the "stuff" to the contrary. I don't really put much stock in Sabi, and don't really see Doom only getting mii stuff if it gets anything.

But I am also perfectly aware I'm probably not the most objective.
Tired of having to manage expectations, not looking forward to hoping for another year and another pass cycle if he doesn't make it in as no 5.
It just seems like with an expectation defying pick in Joker, a super historic and important pick like DQ, and a western character with banjo, this pass in particular is a good fit for him. He IMO fits the running... vibe, of the pass so far.

One more month, give or take a few days, till we know if all this waiting can finally end or not.

Sorry for the detour, but I have been playing through the first Doom and it has been fun.
Teleporting enemies, map design that hates you, and VERY LIMITED ammunition kills my enjoyment of the game.
Yeah EP 4 is generally considered dickish and cruel.
But it's nothing compared to Final Doom (which comes after Doom II but isn't really an actual mainline game).
I recomend playing Sigil, but also recomend doing it on HMP at the most for a first time thru.

Last edited:

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
Thy Flesh Consumed and Sigil were expressly designed to make those who thought that Ultra-Violence was too easy.

Last edited:

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, if the leak WERE real, wouldn't Nintendo have taken the video down by now?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Honestly, if the leak WERE real, wouldn't Nintendo have taken the video down by now?
i kinda believe some folks at nintendo are afraid that people might start thinking it's real if they removed it, the same did happen to the grinch hoax but maybe this has a different twist.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Probably, yes.

i kinda believe some folks at nintendo are afraid that people might start thinking it's real if they removed it, the same did happen to the grinch hoax but maybe this has a different twist.
It's possible that they've changed their tactics so as to not be so transparent, but typically they'd take video footage down but leave pictures untouched.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, with exception of Banjo and Kazooie, the first fighter pass seemed to focus on "Sakurai picks". This is both because Sakurai seems to like these characters and franchises on a personal level, and that he literally chose them. Fatmanonice in the Geno thread is making his own theories and assumptions based on what he has heard behind the scenes. If what he is saying is true, then post-pass characters might focus on pleasing the fans, with maybe a few promotions. Doom Slayer seems like a very likely candidate in that regard, let alone the Mii Costumes that might be made in advance.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
There's still that Cacodemon's hat that we have not seen come out. It's different looking than from that other game that it's name escapes (Quake Champions?) me.

And unless the modder took the model AND edit the design of it then there's that to think about.

:bowser:.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I just hope the pass doesn't end on a "ehhhh" note. Nintendo are great at disappointing finishes but, there's always a chance.
I'm definitely worried about that. I mean hell, the base game gave us Belmonts and K Rool and ended on Incineroar. The DLC gave us Hero and Banjo and ended with...?

Granted if they announce at the Game Awards they might feel a little more pressure to make sure it's a character that really hits. But who knows?

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if the wait between characters six and seven really wasn't too long. I mean, Nintendo may have a new pass to sell.
It helps that the current fighters pass is selling very well and is definitely helping with the increase of digital sales for Nintendo. So I wouldn't be surprised if we get another fighters pass.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
It helps that the current fighters pass is selling very well and is definitely helping with the increase of digital sales for Nintendo. So I wouldn't be surprised if we get another fighters pass.
I have my doubts of a Fighters Pass 2: Electric Boogaloo, but it would be the smart option to take. Mostly cause people will buy it right out the gate so they can do whatever they want with it without fear of it selling poorly.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
I have my doubts of a Fighters Pass 2: Electric Boogaloo, but it would be the smart option to take. Mostly cause people will buy it right out the gate so they can do whatever they want with it without fear of it selling poorly.
??
Fighter pass 2 has already been confirmed though...

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
I guess they didn't actually say another pass.
That said, I will be surprised if that isn't what it is...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It’s showtime!

Just a few more days/weeks till the final character of wave 1 is revealed

Last edited:
Top Bottom