• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Hello there, thought I stopped by and wish you the best of luck regarding Doom Guy being in.

I've always been a fan of the series and it's soundtracks (I have 1,2 and 2016 ost on my phone) while I'm not quick to believe rumors or leaks, the thought of him being in does please me so I came to lend my support for him.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, Haven't been on the Doom Thread in forever. Never lost hope for Doom Slayer, but with these new developments...its looking REALLY good.

RIP AND TEAR!!

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Man so this is how it feels when your favorite character on the wish list is in the spotlight.

A mixture of anxiety and hope.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many music tracks from DOOM 1 would come along with Doom Guy? I wouldn't mind some remixes of E1M9 - Hiding the Secrets, E1M3 - Dark Halls and E1M5 - Suspense. E1M7 - Demons on the Prey and Sign of Evil can be original though.

joem1k

Smash Rookie
NNID
joem1k
God, i really hope that's not some sort of Mii pack with a doom guy costume plus demons and music. Keeping my expectations very low.

D

Deleted member

Hey contreras, what do you think of this idea I had for Doomguy’s trailer?

1B07360A-3231-421D-A4C5-6CC2E96FED08.jpeg

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm dropping by from the Geno thread to wish you guys luck in the days/month ahead from now. Let's hope we both get our dreams to come true

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
oh one more thing i should mention

the orginal source of the video (the very first one)

ITS.......
GONE!

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
oh one more thing i should mention

the orginal source of the video (the very first one)

ITS.......
GONE!
Please elaborate? Another thing to consider is that it could easily be taken down by its user to make it appear the Nintendo has taken it down, unless it is clear that the video was taken down by Nintendo themselves.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
I simply cannot wait for the sort of fanart that'd come with the Doom Slayer's inclusion. Him being all friendly with the more cutesy characters of the roster, Slayer x Samus, being bros with Snake and the Belmonts, him hunting down any of the Demon-related Smashers with barbarous cruelty...

This is going to be simply amazing!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hello from Geno Thread! So I guess DOOM is finally coming to Smash! I've always thought that after Banjo & Kazooie, the only fighters that could be anywhere near as hype as them would be Geno, Crash, or Doomguy, and it seems like Doomguy could very well be happening! Stay strong guys, and let's get ready to hopefully RIP AND TEAR THE COMPETITION!

Also, can I be added to the supporters list?
Man so this is how it feels when your favorite character on the wish list is in the spotlight.

A mixture of anxiety and hope.
Welcome to the Geno thread. :ultpacman:

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've seen the leaks, I'm really scared right now. I really hope it's Doom Slayer.
Personally, I'm going with it being fake, honestly, I don't trust leaks anymore since the Grinch Incident. I WANT it to be real since it alludes to the fact that both Doom Slayer and Geno are possible contenders to join the game, whether this season or the next We'll have to wait and see.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
One more thing to consider- If mii HATS are impossible to mod in, then it is possible that the guy that did this simply modified the models of the 2 player miis so it appeared they were wearing the hats. We have seen full on character model swaps in the past (ive seen a mod that turns K Rool onto Peter Griffin), so no one go celebrating yet

Untouch

Smash Master
One more thing to consider- If mii HATS are impossible to mod in, then it is possible that the guy that did this simply modified the models of the 2 player miis so it appeared they were wearing the hats. We have seen full on character model swaps in the past (ive seen a mod that turns K Rool onto Peter Griffin), so no one go celebrating yet
Can that be done? I haven't seen a Mii fighter model replacement, I would think that procedural generation would screw with it a bit.

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
I haven’t been on this thread in a long time and I know I haven’t contributed much, but I can’t help but be excited! I know it’s only a leak, but if anything, it’s convincing. Both Doom Slayer and Geno would be amazing additions to the roster. :b:

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
I haven’t been on this thread in a long time and I know I haven’t contributed much, but I can’t help but be excited! I know it’s only a leak, but if anything, it’s convincing. Both Doom Slayer and Geno would be amazing additions to the roster. :b:
Fully agreed, if this is truly what we think it is, then this is a great time for Smash. Doomguy being such a pipedream that having him become the most likely next addition is absolutely surreal, and Geno's been on wishlists for so long in the series that he's almost as incredible in that regard. Plus, Terry freakin Bogard is about to come out, and I couldn't be more pleased with Smash's outlook.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Please elaborate? Another thing to consider is that it could easily be taken down by its user to make it appear the Nintendo has taken it down, unless it is clear that the video was taken down by Nintendo themselves.
Huh? The videos are still up in my post. Go 2 pages back and you'll find them.
I know

Those aren’t the people who posted the video

The core source who posted the video you can’t find it all of those video were people who got it before the original was deleted those might go away eventually too

Untouch

Smash Master
Something else that points to this being real.
Mii fighters can't have default names normally, outside of Nintendo builds, replays or online play.

Replays and online play wouldn't let you mod to lock the timer to 2:30.
That leaves Nintendo builds.

He-Was-Number-Wan

Smash Rookie
Is it just a coincidence or should we be suspicious that Ken is doing the same taunt as he does in this same image.
I would be suspicious if it weren't for the fact that we have video. My guess is that it was a nod to this original leak, or possibly a leak from the same leaker who's using this as his "trademark" or whatever you call it.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
As a supporter of both characters, this is looking good. I'd say Doomguy ends of the Fighters Pass and Geno is either the first additional DLC character or a bonus for the end of the pass. I can see a Smash Direct coming soon with Terry plus all of this stuff. The kicker here has got to be that these are completely new models, and that Mii Costumes have been impossible to mod into Ultimate so far. Sure, there's the possibility that the person who posted this is a modder and managed to figure out the Mii Costume issue. But the likelihood seems low to me.

And the Mallow costume adds up with that leak that predicted Team Rocket and Goemon. All I know is that I'm on board with this leak. Hoping for this to come true!

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
For people wondering why they would use a Cacodemon hat, its probably a reference to this costume piece from Quake Champions.
1572889710460.png

Last edited:

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice

Anybody thoughts on this? Posted on the Geno thread.
Panicked people trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel for someone to say they faked the video, lmao.
There's more in the Doom Discord too. I can post it all, if needed.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
20191104_155315.png

Let's just wait it out and see... Every rumor, even the ones that were real have had desperate attempts to try and prove they're fake. The Mii costume stuff is up in the air right now, but we'll find out as to its legitimacy soon enough I guess.

It's easy to call something a mod or say that it could be a mod, but fact remains that modders hadn't previously done Mii costume stuff to this level of quality in Ultimate.

joem1k

Smash Rookie
NNID
joem1k
Panicked people trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel for someone to say they faked the video, lmao.
There's more in the Doom Discord too. I can post it all, if needed.
Yeah i would like to see more elaboration on this particular photo

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
Imagine being the first person to make Mii costume mods and you do this. I wouldn't even be mad.
They'd also have to fake the video. I know someone on twitter pointed out that you can fake the stopped timer with video editing. Here's whats wrong with that theory, if you go and watch the leaked videos again and you look at the UI. There are no Stock Icons, meaning the mode they were playing was "Time". They'd have to edit over an already existing timer in the top right. That seems very unlikely to me.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, I really hate myself for not coming in this thread sooner than I should have. I mean, I have lurked for a long time since Ultimate's release but still, not actually posting on the thread.

I have been aware of the series for a very long time but sadly couldn't give it a chance due to incompatible resources to play the series. Closest has been playing Quake 64 a BUNCH when I was younger with friends and family (a series that is connected with Doom in some ways so it counts, I guess~)

And after finally giving the first entry a chance and liking a lot some years ago, AND playing the hell out of Doom 2016 recently (pun might be intended here~) and replaying the latter so much now. The game is addictive. I'm glad to say that I'm a fan of this brutal, phenomenal series.

Also, count me in as a follower/supporter. Ashamed that I have taken this long to join but hopefully its never too late.

BTW, the recent leak looks like there's a 50/50% chance of being true, so here's hoping.

(Cacodemon's Mii hat looks adorable~)

[BFG DIVISION INTENSIFIES]

Top Bottom