• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asylum 2010 Results

Prawn

Smash Master
why the **** are ya'll ****ting on m2k

get gud no johns

except for ally he already got good so idk what to say to him

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
MK beats everyone in the game 6/4 or worse, except for Lucario. It's dead even on neutrals, and 55/45 Lucario on most c/p stages.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Eh, Imma just master Snake and learn Diddy, and then I'll be broken. Falco and Meta are easy. Especially MK. All I did in doubles was copy stuff from the top metas, and I was DESTROYING everything that moved. I wish it was recorded. Imma just start copying ADHD and Ally and that's all. Inventing Marth is so hard. He's fun, but really I use him out of pride, since my Marth is super original.

Oh, Atomsk, I was too upset to tell you this right away, but the reason I Dolphin Slashed at the end of our set was because I knew you were going to ftilt (you did) and I wanted to go through it and catch you with horrible DI to shift the momentum. I guess I was nervous about doing it, and I hesitated, so you powershielded it, as the move was already over with and you anticipated Fair. From there, the end was easy. So, in a way, it was me choking as usual, but it wasn't just your typical panic Dolphin Slash on some 2008 ****.

EDIT: Yeah, Oli is pretty gay

OverLade

Smash Hero
edit: ****it chain got broken.

And Pierce, what makes you think you can win with Snake/Diddy just by copying top players? You can't. They arent MK.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Still salty about MK... tsk tsk tsk.

Notice how the only people who ***** out about MK are the people who play for money.

WHY THE **** ARE YOU *****ING WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME FOR ITS CHARACTERS.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I use Falcon on mks more often cuz its more fun and feels MUCH different, suck a ****, LOL
Come to EC and use Falcon on Me, Atomsk, Shadow IN BRACKET.

Lose round 1.

THEN GO SNAKE.

GGs.

Same thing you did to Vex's bowsa @ Pound.

WUZGOODNIG?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For real, just be more like the MVC2 community.

Broken *** game? Invent a catch phrase that basically says "I don't give a ****".

IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEH!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
1: Anti ($215.00) - Good stuff, as always
2: ADHD ($107.50) - I mad.
3: Shadow ($43.00) - :3
5: Nairo ($10.75) - Fun set. Just gotta work on that matchup, I guess. We can play a ton of friendlies next tourney so you can get it down.
5: Bigm ($10.75) - Great job, you outplayed me massively game 3 (though you got a little lucky game 2 when I tripped as RC dropped, rage, you put me in that spot though, so well done). You stepped up big time, props on a great placing.
7: Jtails - We're gonna have to train more. Fun carpool.
9: Penta - You owe Allied money.
9: Ch33s3 - I need to learn how to hold my focus better and longer, especially as the tourney drags on.
13: Cloudfox - Nice to see you
17: Gunblde - No, you don't.
17: Ron - GGs in teams, your pika has gotten a TON better, it's scaring me now. Cut out the silly mistakes and you'll be a REAL threat.
17: Nakat - Oh hai. Play a better character so you can actually win stuff. It's the only thing holding you back.
17: John12346 - Thanks for the 3 dollars, your in-match commentary is pro.
17: Ebo - GGs, tough break having to play me in an impossibly hard matchup so early.
17: Allied - We did really well in teams, especially for a first time. We can do even better.
25: Remix - You dwell on the corner of Scrub Ave, and Potmonster Blvd, why do you think trash talking me is a good idea?
25: D1 - Always good to see you, my dude.
33: Blue - HAIIIIIII

Blacka - Your sleeping in the car is top tier.

Alex Strife - Out by 5, singles, AND doubles? What is this madness?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
edit: ****it chain got broken.

And Pierce, what makes you think you can win with Snake/Diddy just by copying top players? You can't. They arent MK.
There are only but so many scenarios which can occur. Learning them isn't hard. Also, I'm very good at copying, considering I have UNDERSTANDING of that which I copy, and also possess the natural skill to back it up.

We'll see how it goes.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
MK beats everyone in the game 6/4 or worse, except for Lucario. It's dead even on neutrals, and 55/45 Lucario on most c/p stages.
as much as id like to agree with you about lucario, false. mk beats lucario 55-45 on every neutral but fd and that's only if the lucario doesn't really approach(lucario wins there but lucario will never be there). i think its even on stages like castle siege and pictochat but its overall in mk's favor. but back to FD subject, its not really the case with most lucarios nowadays. we're too aggro. the whole matchup is a guessing game but mk dominates in edgeguarding so hard, its gay.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't see the point in copying a character that is worse than MK, unless you are trying to exploit how bad people may be against those characters, in which case I'd just tell them to learn how to fight whatever character you are trying to copy and BAM now you have spent that time for naught.

TL:DR Pick up MK even if people know that matchup better than Snake or Diddy, instead of picking those characters up and hoping people don't wisen up and figure out what to do.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
DMG that's pretty inaccurate. A big reason I destroy other MKs is cuz I fought them so much (and I'm just a lot better than them with the character). I spent plenty of time trying to figure out how to fight Diddy yet I still struggle at it (even though so far only adhd beats me technically). I'm extremely, extremely good against Snake (my most practiced matchup) yet Ally beats me often. I'm good vs Falco yet Larry can beat me. What you said is just a lie and that's why for the most part the same people keep placing and while some novelty can get you some wins vs average players it's not going to change the tourney results at the top. I would NEVER want to fight a Diddy over a MK and I probably spent more time lately trying to figure out how to fight Diddy than ever worrying about another MK or another Snake (or most other MUs). If there's something I'm missing vs Diddy please tell me how SPECIFICALLY so I know.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Can a mod infract every Meta Knight ban bull**** post from now on?

This is a ****ing results thread.

No one wants to see "WAH BAN MK WAH"

Post more shoutouts and good **** about the tourny.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
M2K are you disagreeing then that the strongest choice is to pick up the strongest character?

You can do more with the best character than anyone else. Whether you achieve anything or not is up to you. I don't see the point of picking a lesser character EXCEPT to exploit the fact that people focus on MK all the time and might not know how to beat XYZQRWP character.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
17: John12346 - your in-match commentary is pro.
There's only one reason why Pause should be on

And that's so I can say 'FINISH HIM' when I accidentally push it when trying to mash out, lol

Nevertheless, good games, but I will be back with avengance!(Mostly because we live in the same state... >_____> )

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
In short yes DMG, I am disagreeing because almost every good player knows how to fight MK now and if you have intentions to win something big you should pick a character that's really good but also less people know how to fight like Diddy/ICs/Falco and you can **** tourneys, be good, have answers to every or almost every situation, and win a lot. Unless you're a really talented player, you aren't going to be winning nationals by "just picking up the best character". I don't even feel MK is the best character but with MLG rules he certainly is. You can't just be like "oh LOL If I learn the snake matchup or the ___ matchup then they are no longer a threat!!!". Seriously if only it were that easy

Gnes

Smash Master
In short yes DMG, I am disagreeing because almost every good player knows how to fight MK now and if you have intentions to win something big you should pick a character that's really good but also less people know how to fight like Diddy/ICs/Falco and you can **** tourneys, be good, have answers to every or almost every situation, and win a lot. Unless you're a really talented player, you aren't going to be winning nationals by "just picking up the best character". I don't even feel MK is the best character but with MLG rules he certainly is. You can't just be like "oh LOL If I learn the snake matchup or the ___ matchup then they are no longer a threat!!!". Seriously if only it were that easy

Just as every good player knows how to fight mk, the same can be said for the mk players. Non-mk players aren't the only ones learning matchups u know.

Anti gay on wifi. I got u next time son. Record was like 4-14 or something like that
LMAO

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well then that is what I am saying. By picking those characters, you are hoping to exploit the community's lack of focus on beating them (in comparison to MK). Which is fine. I think, at this point in Brawl, that should be your ONLY reason picking up a character like that unless you are naturally better with that character than MK to start with.

Picking up Diddy or Snake or Falco or Wario is pointless unless you are trying to make a point "Hey guys, you don't know how to beat my character lolz go learn one of my counters". If someone comes up to me and asks me whether to main MK or Wario, the answer is pretty clear. MK.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
@DMG: You're completely disregarding the counterpick system. That or you forgot that MK doesn't 80:20 the whole cast. There are definately situations where the best choice is DDD, Snake, falco, etc. Even sheik does better in some matchups than MK would.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Just as every good player knows how to fight mk, the same can be said for the mk players. Non-mk players aren't the only ones learning matchups u know.

Anti gay on wifi. I got u next time son. Record was like 4-14 or something like that
LMAO
WIFI PROING IT YO

GGs lolol

NAKAT

Smash Champion
*fixed*

From Cheese:17: Nakat - Oh hai. Play a better character so you can actually win stuff. It's the only thing holding you back.

@ Cheese:I place well at more tournaments then I place low in them. I got like top 10 a couple of times so I should be good. Fox imo is average and if TKD and Rookie can make him as much of a threat as any other character there is nothing stopping me. I am improving my MK and I am picking up Marth. The only thing that is really holding me back is choking and getting nervous maybe even anxiety. I wish I knew a way to take care of that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok Rathy, answer me this then:

Why do those CP situations arise? Because people play less than optimal characters. The only reason you can have a character with a stronger matchup against XYZ than MK is because someone is silly enough to play that character. If someone plays as DK, ok maybe your best choice in that one instance is to pick Dedede.

BUT on the entire spread of the game, what is the point of picking up Dedede? If you pick up Dedede to counter his DK, what stops him from picking up Falco to stop your Dedede? Then you picking up IC's to stop his Falco. Then him picking Snake or Diddy to stop your IC's. Then you picking MK to stop his whatever.

There is much less risk using a character like MK than Wario. EVEN if for certain instances, Wario might be a better pick. In the long run, he is worse. Otherwise, he's obviously be a better character.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yo, any more talk on this and I'm just gonna manually shift everything to another thread.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Ok Rathy, answer me this then:

Why do those CP situations arise? Because people play less than optimal characters. The only reason you can have a character with a stronger matchup against XYZ than MK is because someone is silly enough to play that character. If someone plays as DK, ok maybe your best choice in that one instance is to pick Dedede.

BUT on the entire spread of the game, what is the point of picking up Dedede? If you pick up Dedede to counter his DK, what stops him from picking up Falco to stop your Dedede? Then you picking up IC's to stop his Falco. Then him picking Snake or Diddy to stop your IC's. Then you picking MK to stop his whatever.

There is much less risk using a character like MK than Wario. EVEN if for certain instances, Wario might be a better pick. In the long run, he is worse. Otherwise, he's obviously be a better character.
>.>
I didn't say main, I just said pick up. If you want to be optimal in the realistic smash scene (which isn't just a bunch of mks) then you would pick up other characters for counterpicking or in the first round when you know who they'll pick. It's that simple. If you really want to maximize your chances of winning playing DDD, falco, ICs, and Snake would be the best choice. Just not as easy.

Top Bottom