• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASU Tournament with Results

Sengin

Smash Ace
Sure. Unless people just aren't saying that they will bring setups, we'll probably have enough TVs. But still, you can never be sure. You can leave it in the car and then get it later if we end up needing it.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Woo..at least one person is excited! No one else seems to care about this...

Sengin

Smash Ace
Pyrostormer: Yeah, that's what I figured. I was just trying to get as much info as possible.

BEHR:As it stands currently (as in, we will probably find out for sure Monday), the prizes are set amounts. If you come in 1st place at either tournament, you get $70. However, since most people don't like this approach, we are trying to get it set up so that it will be pot-style. This is only an issue because the venue we are using (the only one available) considers competing for a pot as gambling (it's pretty stupid), and then would be against the rules of the venue (seeing as how it is a university). BUT, if we do not give any prizes out on the day of the tournament, and instead mail out the prizes in check form after the tournament, then everything should be okie dokie.

Have you found out if you can come yet BEHR?

Also, I am probably going to do it pool-style to a double elim 2/3 tournament, with success in the pools leading to placement in the 2/3 tourney. The pool size would probably be about 8 (depending on how many people show up) and using at least 2 TVs per pool (if we have enough setups). Would everyone just prefer that only the top 4 of each pool go on to the double elim tournament, or keep it that everyone goes on? Keep in mind that you get more matches if we keep it so that everyone moves on and that the pools just determine placement in the brackets.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Dont know yet I'll talk to Vilt if he is up for the drive.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
depending on how many people show up you're gonna need to adjust whether you elim in pools or not

you should shoot for a 32/64 man bracket so we don't have to worry about byes but if that's not possible then just give the 1 seed in every pool a bye or something.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Stingers: I always try to shoot for a power of 2 for an elim. I guess what I can do is elim the "fat" off in the pools, so that if there's like 35 people, the top 32 will go to the brackets.

BEHR: :( Is there anyone in the first post from Greensboro that's in the "Coming" category that isn't coming?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Mask and Vilt

Vilt is are ride and he is starting school soon.

null55

Smash Master
I guess the next Bill will be the next tournament Gboro (including me) will be at.

Vilt

Smash Lord
I'm up for it. Just gotta see how school works out. If it's too much work for me to handle and take a day off for smash then no game but we will see.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
VILT if u go bro... i'll give you gas money... this sounds like ROAD TRIP for me man...

oh yeah...

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
you should tell your dad your spending the night in gibsonville so u can come... lol...

Sengin

Smash Ace
If we go there be better be lots of Melee
Let me put it this way: I'm only having a brawl tournament to get as many people here as possible. This is also why I put a lot of emphasis on free play and friendlies in the first post: I want as much melee as possible. Not playing a match in the tournament and there's a free setup? Play melee. And if I'm not in a match, I will play you.

Malk

Smash Champion
you know it
I'm gonna boulder and drink beers with my bro hunter and say **** you to this tournament

Malk

Smash Champion
hey sengin or whoever is running this ****

do you know niki p?
she is my bro from back in raleigh

edit: also partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

double edit: woah since when can we say hell?

Sengin

Smash Ace
hey sengin or whoever is running this ****
do you know niki p?
she is my bro from back in raleigh
No, I'm afraid I don't know anyone that lives in Raleigh, unless they moved there recently from Huntersville or goes to college at ASU (and even then, ASU has about 15,000 students, so I may not).

Are you coming for sure then Malk?

Malk

Smash Champion
if you cup my balls I'll forgive you

sengin: she goes to app and is friends with a bunch of smash players apparently. oh well just wondering and yeah I'm coming for sure

Sengin

Smash Ace
if you cup my balls I'll forgive you

sengin: she goes to app and is friends with a bunch of smash players apparently. oh well just wondering and yeah I'm coming for sure
Doing a quick facebook search, I am now sure that I have not seen her. However, she is friends (at least on facebook) with someone who is attending the tournament, so she may know about it. But if she knows a lot of people that play competitive smash, then I would have probably seen her before (because I was pretty much responsible for introducing competitive smash here at ASU a couple years ago).

Top Bottom