• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASU Tournament with Results

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
This is a really long drive for me, I live in Holly Springs (30min south of Ralleigh) if someone would like to carpool with me and split the gas then I would love to go.

If somebody will ride with me I can bring a Wii brawl+melee (cube doesnt read the melee disc anymore >.>)

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
If he's comfortable leaving his car at my place for a couple days, which I'm sure he's not.
This is a one day deal o.O also, i might get someone to drop me off at your place and then pick me up. Idk, it is a month and a half away we should figure something out.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
If there was a bigger pot, and if the Brawl tourney was singles, I'd make the trip out.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I'm sad the pot is small but I need to place at some more tournaments so I'm going :laugh:. Plus it's close...Hickory is so far away from most NC tournaments I need to get to every close tournament I can.

Plus if this one is big then the next one will have better prizes...yeahuhz

Sengin

Smash Ace
**** straight there will be better prizes. We just don't have the funds to take a chance with bigger prizes at the moment, since we've never held a smash-only tournament.

If there was a bigger pot, and if the Brawl tourney was singles, I'd make the trip out.
What if there was only brawl singles, but the prizes stayed the same?

Also, we technically can do it like a pot; however, you wouldn't get your prize until sometime after the tournament, where we would mail you a check after we get the amount that was collected. But who would actually want to do that?

lord karn

Smash Master
**** straight there will be better prizes. We just don't have the funds to take a chance with bigger prizes at the moment, since we've never held a smash-only tournament.

What if there was only brawl singles, but the prizes stayed the same?

Also, we technically can do it like a pot; however, you wouldn't get your prize until sometime after the tournament, where we would mail you a check after we get the amount that was collected. But who would actually want to do that?
Definitely do that. Unless that mean we won't get the money for months or something.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call it months, but it could take a month. Though seriously, people would need to vote on this in this thread. So far you are the only one who has said anything.

Malk

Smash Champion
Why? As long as third gets their money back, and second and first get a sizable increase, why would you want to risk your 'winnings' on attendance in Boonetown?

Malk

Smash Champion
like **** I just looked at the prizes and for melee singles...

You'd need 23 people to enter to get that much money with a pot
Let's not count our blessings please

And even considering there is more interest in brawl, 23 is still way more than we had at Plur's

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Did I misunderstand, or did Snegin just say only Brawl singles?

I like both games bro. Keep em.

Oh yeah, and I pretty much always agree with Malk/Karn since I'm ignant.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I agree with Karn. This is at a college, it should get a decent turnout from just the students alone.

Btw, change it to Brawl Singles yet?

Sengin

Smash Ace
like **** I just looked at the prizes and for melee singles...

You'd need 23 people to enter to get that much money with a pot
Let's not count our blessings please

And even considering there is more interest in brawl, 23 is still way more than we had at Plur's
At last count, there were 48 people confirmed, which doesn't include the maybes, like Dr.Peepee or I've Jihad It. Though DUB hasn't posted here yet (and he said he'd be coming with 9 others in the precursor to this thread). And not very many people have told me which of the two (or both) events they would be in.

@stingers: not yet, though I'm like 90% sure on this one.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Malk we had 20 ppl at PLUR's. There were 2-4ppl that only played one event but there were still 20 players in singles and doubles.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Most people that post on SWF say they prefer Melee

At every tournament, Brawl has a way bigger turnout then Melee

so eh

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The pro-Melee side plays both mostly, and pro-Brawl plays Brawl (almost entirely true I think).

Not everyone who shows to tourneys posts here either. Those like that usually only come for Brawl too.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Still, I need some people to tell me which they would prefer: predetermined prizes (the ones listed), or a pot (with the money being mailed as a check up to a month after the tournament).

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Still, I need some people to tell me which they would prefer: predetermined prizes (the ones listed), or a pot (with the money being mailed as a check up to a month after the tournament).
I think most people would prefer a pot, but you should ask your friends at ASU, I'm thinking they will be at least 1/3 of the representation.

Sengin

Smash Ace
I think most people would prefer a pot, but you should ask your friends at ASU, I'm thinking they will be at least 1/3 of the representation.
There are approximately 6 or 7 people at ASU that play smash (brawl OR melee) competitively.

Sengin

Smash Ace
That's up to the advisor of the club, and whether or not the student untion will see it as "taking advantage of a loophole." Still though, it's a guaranteed 70 bucks for first, is that really THAT bad if I can't get the traditional pot-style into effect?

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
at karns i played melee for about 2 hours and imm not gonna lie it was pretty fun....
it was dub and rag vs malk and i
my links up b has amazing abilities....but that is the extent of my melee knowledge
falcon has a nipple spike too, or something like that lol

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
Me and my crew would all prefer the pot to the set amount. it really wouldn't make that much of a difference if i had to wait for my money. But having a set first place prize might make it not worth the time it would take to get there.

Foxy

Smash Master
i agree with everyone supporting the pot: i mean, there's a very very slim chance that the pot could ever work out to less payout than the set prize and it's just how things work. waiting to get the money isn't a huge deal.

Top Bottom