• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
AHH! I found another one! why wasn't I filming!!

Anyways, it had something to do with the second jump, quick falling and the nair. It was basically quickfalling, with the nair still in process.
Someone try it!
-t2

Edit 1
Which is still done, but what made this different, is the Nair was started at the peak of the second jump, and then quick falled (sp?) with landing and finishing the nair. (its not special at all)

Edit 2
And Im not sure if this has been found out or not, its a good mind game but it does nothing.
Jump. then hit B, then instantly air dodge. Lucario will do the charging motion and you'll hear the sound. But it will not make the AS grow. Even pregrown AS's. Charge one mid way, (does about 6%), Then do the jump+b+air dodge. You'll see the motion, and hear the sound, but it will still only do 6%. (Flashy)

Oh another thing. Rapidly sheilding and hitting B one after another will negate a AS growth. useless but flashy. (flashy)

And you know when you charge a AS on another person, how they will float to the top of the AS?
Well, if you time it right, if you shield right after about 1or 2% and then start charging, then shield, then charge, etc. it will hold the character at the bottom of the AS. It like tripping them over and over again, but its not tripping them. And it charges the AS, so then after holding them for a bit, you can turn around and get a direct hit with a fully charged AS. Hard to pull off, you have to have your back almost touching them, and every 1-2% and shield, the person will move a bit, and lucario will not. So if you start right next to them, you can get 10% then a charged AS, before they slip away (they can shield still to block the AS). And it is unaffected by the AS's size, so it works the same @ 100% damage. (questionably useful, hard to do)

(this was tried on a lvl 3 boswer @ FD. Lucario was both 0% and @ 100%)
I filmed Edit 2, so Ill get it on my computer tonight, and have it posted tomorrow.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
On a normal Charge, yes, because they are at the TOP of the AS.
On a shield sperated charge, no, because they are at the BOTTOM of the AS.

What Im saying with stopping the charge with a shield and then charging again, keeps them on the GROUND. So they won't be able to DI out of it, because they are not in the air.
Shielding against this tactic is still a possibility. But has yet to be tested.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Personally I don't think trying to perform this would be smart in a serious match. I feel it would be better to just keep on charging the AS and then u-tilt or something else when it looks like they are about to DI out of it. It just seems to difficult to pull off.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I noticed that the AS wouldn't charge if you AD too quickly when I was trying to charge AS while hanging from a ledge. So I guess its nice that it was pointed out so others don't try to do this too quickly. Too bad, though.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Its hard to do in the first place, so in a serious match, doing this would be impractical. Normally charging AS would yield better results.

And this wasn't tested on a "live" Boswer, so I don't know if shielding or rolling are a possibility. As said before, its hard to preform, so trying it on a cpu is hard, and because getting it on a cpu is hard, preforming it on a human would be even harder.
-t2

*edit
Its about precision timing. You have to hit the other character for about 1-2% each only, anymore and they travel to far upwards. When you shield, they stop moving and fall (its a mirco fall, not even in the air, but just enough to cause a recover animation), its in their recover animation you start the AS again. When they begin to rise, you stop. And repeat.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
It can be shielded out of. Easly.
So I have found, this stop and go AS charge, useless.
-t2

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Yay I am back on this awesome thread that never dies after a month of absence.

That AS tactic sounded pretty hard to pull off but cool. Even if it worked (too bad it doesn't), I probably wouldn't even use it that much cause it sounds like it takes a painstakingly (or however you spell it) long time to do and it doesn't sound fun.

But too bad it is useless. It would have been cool to have something unescapable like that.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
It's known as jab canceling =P I have a match somewhere where I did that to a pit (A > A > A > A > A > kick or something like that)

It's a lot harder then it looks. From what I've done with it, if you try to go faster, you'll find that the game stops picking up the 'down' command so I think it's best to find the best possible timing more so then 'as fast as you can' since there's a limit. It doesn't work so well on lighter characters, they can DI up and out of it and any slow timing and you'll have an opponent spotdodge.

Anyway enough of me being so negative. It's defiantly a good habit to get into; it helps rack up a bit more damage and resets decay (also because the jabs add decay to themselves, the knockback on each jab lessens letting you use it a bit more). If you can manage to pin your opponent to a wall, you try that one handed game and eat a muffin or something (though you may have to set R to attack to do this). Anyway that's my take on it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Aw, Milin has no local friends. Well the next time you stop by tucson for some unknown reason, your welcome to stop by.

Anyways, So I saw two variants of the jab canceling. (correct me if im wrong)
A(pause)A(pause)A(pause) and AA(pause)AA(pause)AA(pause).
Im going to try this out, so I'll give back some feed back, and...possibly a vid of me doing it faster. Maybe.
-t2

*edit
Ok, so I tested them out.
the AA canceling I find to be the better of the two.
-more damage
-you push the opponent and walk with them.
-faster
-arguably more variety of other moves can be linked from it.
-easier to time

I when doing the A canceling, I sometimes just did down A. Not so much with the AA canceling. And the A canceling can be shielded, rolled, blocked easier then the AA canceling.
The computer would guard for both, but in the AA canceling, the second hit would actually hit majority of the time.
Its all about timing really. They both can be used in game, but personally AA cancel is the better one.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's so cool... thats a nice find there Milln

Now we just need to see how all these cool tech's work on that big tourny Next week.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
That sucks....

The comment was mostly made because I know Azen will be there. And I am sure he knows most if not all of the stuff discussed here... He will also be going up against very good Smasher...

Sorry I wasn't thinking of you this time.... :/

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Naw, its ok.
We just had a big one down here, AZonetwo step (something along those lines).
So its fine, no worries.
-t2

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Hmm just wondering. Has anyone else realized that if you jab Snake's missile, it'll just fly straight through you? He'll still be in control afterwards so it gives you time to rush.

Timbers

check me out
Hmm just wondering. Has anyone else realized that if you jab Snake's missile, it'll just fly straight through you? He'll still be in control afterwards so it gives you time to rush.
Anything disjointed can hit it and it won't explode. Projectiles and stuff like that. It'll just change direction slightly.

As for jab cancelling, I'll have to play around with it more. I was trying it on wifi, which might have been a mistake. Was pretty laggy lol, but I won't be getting any local games until Friday...so CPUs will have to work for now.

ch3 is way too far away for me. I envy (pity?) the WC who can make time and money to fly out there for a tournament.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying jab canceling for a while but never really thought it could kind of lock them =x
Great find.

Nodrak: That's good stuff to note next time I play snake (IF he uses the missile in the first place). ^_^

Timbers

check me out
It can't/won't jab lock them. Most characters can SDI out of it rather quickly, so it's best to finish it up after AA>AA.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
It's not a smash DI but they will DI out of it, it would be hard to lock anyone unless you're both at low %'s and your opponent is heavy before. Of course it wont lock them indefinitely but they'll be stuck for a few hits either way. As I mentioned it's a good way to bump up some extra damage, might as well since you're already hitting them =P

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
I think Ive figured out how to do the d-air glitch thing. I did it again on Delfino plaza, just after the platform sinks into the ground, so Im pretty sure its a stage specific glitch. All you do is short hop and d-air afer the platform sinks. Pretty useless.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Sorry I have't updated this in a whiile, it seems I have run out of Lucario glitches and techniques. : (

PSYCHE, that's awesome that you figured out how to do it. Mystery solved!

Milln. Frame data...

I don't have it yet. I'll do it soon, I promise. I've been really busy these past couple of weeks.

One question, though. What exactly do you want me to test? I was thinking of testing A>A>A and A>A> crouch cancel>A and seeing how many frames are saved. Does that sound good, or is there anything else you had in mind?

Milln

Smash Champion
See what A > A CC A
and
A > A CC Force Palm Grab is.
And A > A CC Grab/Dash Grab
Oh, and A > A > SH Dair and CC SH dair, please. I'm interested in jab mixups.

Timbers

check me out
It's not a smash DI but they will DI out of it
I know I'm relatively late on this, but SDI will get you out much faster than just holding the joystick. Same goes for like..every multihit attack.

@Milln, would adding an fair inbetween the sh dair work for lower percents?

Milln

Smash Champion
Perhaps, Timbers. Also test out the range (And speed vs. Range efficiency) of dash grab vs. a dashing shield-cancelled grab. You know what i'm talking about. Dash > Z+A

Lawn

Smash Cadet
Howdy.

I thank you, Jeepy Sol, for the excellent work you have done here. This (and Infi-tan's guide/Inner Fire videos [which are awesome if anyone hasn't seen them]) was the main reason I decided to join SWF. This has gotta be one of the most tactical threads in all the forums. I hope I can contribute at one point. :)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
See what A > A CC A
and
A > A CC Force Palm Grab is.
And A > A CC Grab/Dash Grab
Oh, and A > A > SH Dair and CC SH dair, please. I'm interested in jab mixups.
Ugh, first of all is CC Crouch Cancel? Secondly, Jab mixups are amazing and they open up a world of possibilities setup wise and strategically as well. I've been working on those for Luigi kind of a lot...

It would be interesting having a Jab mixup with an Aura Sphere thrown in.

Lawn

Smash Cadet
Except Crouch Canceling in the way you are referring to it is different than what it meant in melee, yes?

Lawn

Smash Cadet
I didn't want to create a thread simply to ask this, so here goes:

Is there any practical uses for RAR'ing a n-air? I don't know why, but I find that I do that a lot.

Thanks! ^-^

Top Bottom