• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I honestly believe that this is the hardest technique to perform with Lucario... And ISJR is definitely the hardest technique to consistantly perform in the game (so far). I was very surprised when I managed to get seven SJR's in a row, and I think that the only reason that I managed to do so many is becuase I had just had three cups of cofee. @_@ Anyway, my average is about three in a row, but I think with a lot of practice, I could be able to do it pretty consistantly.

Also, in my opinion, it's a lot harder when moving across the stage, but yes, possible nonetheless.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Ho...ly...crap...

How the heck did you get 7 in a row?!?!?

My record so far is 3. Whats the most everyone else has gotten?

Milln

Smash Champion
Could be used in setting up a wall of hitboxes , since Lucario is able to throw out multiple, powerful attacks in one jump. =o

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, am I the only one having a really hard time with this? Youve got to have like, crazy maniac hands to be able to do this!

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Its not really crazy hand movement, but more so crazy time management since there is a very small gap of time when you can start an attack to activate the next jump (might even be one specific frame). Its really random whether I get it or not: sometimes I can get a continuous 5-6, sometimes I get an insanely rare 15-20, usually I get a good quarter-hour of partial frustration, though.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* been too busy to actually notice this until today... sweet jeebus now I gotta start practising.
Lucario wall of pain? could there possibly be a better combination? =3

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
So what does everyone think Lucario's best aerial to ISJR is? I'm definitely going with d-air. There is such a small amout of time between hitboxes that it is indeed almost like a Wall of Pain.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
I dont understand how f-air can be useful. Its not like it can be multi-aired, and IMO theres too long of a time that a hitbox is not out, so you could easily be hit out of it. I see the most potential in d-air.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
not sure if anyone knows this, or if everyone knows and I just didn't read about it (didn't care to go through this entire thread, so please take it easy on me..)

Lucario's side B (force palm) can be SJRed (I think..?). I've been able to do his side b at least TWICE in the air by doing this technique from a jump. If its anything to you guys ;>_> Though If I remember hearing anything from all the talk here that doing his side b in the air is a bit useless? Dunno. I just thought I'd let people know, sorry if its been said before ;>_> *is a big noob*

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure it was a SJR and not just jump>FP>double jump? I havent been able to get it. But thats cool if it can be SJRd.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
well i am not sure if its EXACTLY a SJR, but I know you can originally only do 1 while in the air, but tried to do it the same way you do a SJR and I was able to pull off 2 of them in the air. Basicly as you reach the height of your jump, do the force palm and just before you hit the ground, try to jump again and you'll be able to do the 2nd one. I could try to upload a video but the quality might be poor cause I'd have to record it with a web cam..

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Oh, kinda like the Bowsers Koopa Klaw technique? Yeah, I dont think its called SJR, but Ill call Jeepy and ask him if he can do it/make a video. Im sure he will give you credit if it's possible.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
okay :) I got it recorded. I can put it up on YouTube once I clean it up abit >_< unless you want to see the entire thing with me screwing it up a lot lol

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
Eh, I just caught what you said. Yeah it is a force palm, double-jump then a force palm again. But I've found its extremely hard to do D: Since if you do 1 jump FP then try to jump again you've already hit the ground and can't do a 2nd jump. So I have no clue what I am even talking about for give me D: I'm uploading the vid anyway but its probably meaningless LOL

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
XD Yeah thats what I thought it was. That would have been cool it he could do it though.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I dont understand how f-air can be useful. Its not like it can be multi-aired, and IMO theres too long of a time that a hitbox is not out, so you could easily be hit out of it.
I was kind of thinking this, too. If an ISJR'd f-air could be done twice in one jump, it might be a different story, but like you said, it can only be done once, and you can't do any other aerial until you jump. And Phil, n-air can't be SJR'd infinitely, so it's out of the question.

can you mix up different airs in the ISJR??
Yeah, you can mix up all the aerials except n-air, because there is too much ending lag.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
is there enough time before you hit the ground to fair->AS?

and am i the only one that thinks that SJR nair-> SJRuair -> SJR bair or upangle ftilt or utilt would be hilarious to pull off?

haven't been on for a long time and thanks jeepy for the sudden influx of info i had greeting me

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
is there enough time before you hit the ground to fair->AS?
Yeah, there's enough time, but Aura Spheres cannot be SJR'd, so you'll end up on the ground.

and am i the only one that thinks that SJR nair-> SJRuair -> SJR bair or upangle ftilt or utilt would be hilarious to pull off?
That would be awesome, except it's extremely hard to ISJR different aerials, since you have to memorize the exact frame to start the move for each aerial. @__@

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
That would be awesome, except it's extremely hard to ISJR different aerials, since you have to memorize the exact frame to start the move for each aerial. @__@
I think it'd be better to memorize the frame where it must end for most aerials since you can FF them if you did it slightly too early, and FF aerials would be useful also with ISJ.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I hate to double post, I really do, but I have updated!
Me too!

Since no one wants to discuss ISJR anymore : (

Extreme Awesome

If you aim your Extreme Speed at the roof of Luigi's Mansion, you will bounce off and land lagless. You can do all sorts of cool it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=85vyBS6-bo4

I could care less what you call this. In fact, it probably doesn't even need a name. Just thought it was cool.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Me too!

Since no one wants to discuss ISJR anymore : (

Extreme Awesome

If you aim your Extreme Speed at the roof of Luigi's Mansion, you will bounce off and land lagless. You can do all sorts of cool t If you aim your Extreme Speed at the roof of Luigi's Mansion, you will bounce off and land lagless. You can do all sorts of cool things out of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=85vyBS6-bo4

I could care less what you call this. In fact, it probably doesn't even need a name. Just thought it was cool.

It's extreme awesome, officially because of the fact that I love ES!

Nodrak

Smash Ace
We aren't talking about ISJR because we're all still trying to do it consistently! =P

My vote is for Extreme Headsmash. For me this is usually the result of a failed Extreme Speed recovery (hitting the lip of the stage instead of grabbing the edge). I've done it once or twice before in Luigi's mansion but never really thought of attacking out of it.

P.S. Post 666, time to be evil.

Milln

Smash Champion
ExtremeAwesome is what it needs to be called.

Noted, will put in the guide, because Luigi's Mansion just keeps getting better and better for us. XD I love that stage so much. Theoretically, this would work with any stage that has a ceiling.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I love Ween.

By the way, anyone else see that ExtremeStop at 45 seconds? He actually went back! Is that normal?

XienZo

Smash Lord
I think I've done the part where you go back, its sort of where you input the command that would make you go right diagonally downwards and then curve left if done in the air, but if you do it on the ground, I think you'd go right then left a bit.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Can u say, MINDGAMES!?! And the one at 45 was bizarre, like a somersault or flip. Lucario looks like he's wired on caffeine and bouncing off the walls literally, lol, maybe too much chocolate.

Top Bottom