• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Alrighty, I've got a video on the way of me ISJ'ing with all of Lucario's aerials, except for n-air, which I've deemed impossible, since there are more frames in his n-air than his second jump. I was thinking, however, that it would be possible if you jump>second jump> footstool jump, but that would be pretty useless.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Jeepy_Sol said:
If anyone can do this with his u-air or f-air (I’m 99% sure you can’t do it with n-air or d-air), please tell me exactly how you did it so I can make a video of it.
I could make it with f-air, and with N-air as well although N-air is really hard to do and very unreliable, just do your second jump and start the N-air as if doing a rising N-air from the first jump at your second then try to ISJ it. I've only been able to do the N-air ISJ twice though....

Although this technique is very unreliable, and even if it's new I don't think we will get use from it. But as many people have said this could be changed as time progresess so we might be seeing something amazing and my thoughts on this could change. either way it is possible to do it with the N-air though just keep trying and you'll get it :D.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Phew, good thing you said that! I was just about to upload the video!

Thank you, my friend!

EDIT: After a quick frame test, I have determined that ISJ'ing with n-air is impossible. There are more frames in n-air than in his second jump. I can understand why you thought that it was possible, however, because it looks like he is doing it. But if you do it in slow motion, you can tell that he is not. I so appreciate you telling me, nonetheless! : )

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Phew, good thing you said that! I was just about to upload the video!

Thank you, my friend!

EDIT: After a quick frame test, I have determined that ISJ'ing with n-air is impossible. There are more frames in n-air than in his second jump. I can understand why you thought that it was possible, however, because it looks like he is doing it. But if you do it in slow motion, you can tell that he is not. I so appreciate you telling me, nonetheless! : )
Are you sure? because I have a replay where I ISJ the N-air if you want it just tell me and we'll exchange codes.

Also, you frame test in editing programs am I right? To bad I don't have capture card etc. to do so. But after watching the replay a couple of times I have determined that it is an ISJ no doubt.

I hope I don't have to get you into more testing but I'm just here to help :).

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Hmm. This is interesting. Unfortunately, I do not have WiFi, so I cannot recieve your replay, and since you don't have a capture card, you cannot put it onto the internet, but I am really interested in seeing it.

If anyone knows of a way for me to see this video, please tell me! And thanks again, locuan!

EDIT: I just went and tried this again, a bunch of times, and even in slow motion, and was not able to do it. The n-air animation does not end before Lucario is able to do his second jump. It seems like it is completely impossible. Since I am currently unable to see the replay, do you mind describing exactly how you did it? Also, are you sure it was n-air, and not one of his other aerials? And remeber, if you see dust clouds, it is not an ISJ.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hmm. This is interesting. Unfortunately, I do not have WiFi, so I cannot recieve your replay, and since you don't have a capture card, you cannot put it onto the internet, but I am really interested in seeing it.

If anyone knows of a way for me to see this video, please tell me! And thanks again, locuan!

EDIT: I just went and tried this again, a bunch of times, and even in slow motion, and was not able to do it. The n-air animation does not end before Lucario is able to do his second jump. It seems like it is completely impossible. Since I am currently unable to see the replay, do you mind describing exactly how you did it? Also, are you sure it was n-air, and not one of his other aerials? And remeber, if you see dust clouds, it is not an ISJ.
Yes it was the N-air, and nope no dust of clouds. Exactly as a ISJ is done. But my impression on this is that your jumping then N-air'ing and trying to do the second jump after. That's not how I do it, I double jump then proceed with the N-air then do the ISJ, which works but you have to time it right.

And let me get this straight you can ISJ out of a first jump? Would you then have the ability to jump after the ISJ (without ISJ'ing)?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Yes it was the N-air, and nope no dust of clouds. Exactly as a ISJ is done. But my impression on this is that your jumping then N-air'ing and trying to do the second jump after. That's not how I do it, I double jump then proceed with the N-air then do the ISJ, which works but you have to time it right.
No, I am jumping>double jumping and n-airing at the same time. But Lucario always lands before he can perform the second jump because of the lag time after n-air.

And let me get this straight you can ISJ out of a first jump? Would you then have the ability to jump after the ISJ (without ISJ'ing)?

No, you can only ISJ out of a second jump.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Oh noes, u have teh red text syndrome! This is kind of similar to the txtmssge sndrme, and the EXCLAMATION! AND ALL CAPS! SYNDROME! Oh, and I think I've done the nair once or twice, but passed it off as a glitch.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
No, I am jumping>double jumping and n-airing at the same time. But Lucario always lands before he can perform the second jump because of the lag time after n-air.
Then you should be able to do it as of now I've done it a total of six times (In other words not easy). But I do have that replay (I wish I had a capture card right now). Try doing the second jump and at the top/peak of the second jump start your N-air and see what happens (that is what I normally do and the six times I've done it correctly it has been with this method).

EDIT:

phi1ny3 said:
Oh noes, u have teh red text syndrome! This is kind of similar to the txtmssge sndrme, and the EXCLAMATION! AND ALL CAPS! SYNDROME! Oh, and I think I've done the nair once or twice, but passed it off as a glitch.
Lol yea I think I do :laugh: It's just that red is my favorite color and thus I write in red on forums :p.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
ALRIGHT! I GOT IT!

It is so strange. Usually when you ISJ you do your second jump right before you hit the ground, but with n-air, you do it much higher.

Anyway, thanks very much locuan for helping me get it! You were a big help! You will be credited in my video.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ALRIGHT! I GOT IT!

It is so strange. Usually when you ISJ you do your second jump right before you hit the ground, but with n-air, you do it much higher.

Anyway, thanks very much locuan for helping me get it! You were a big help! You will be credited in my video.
Yes, you ought to make a video of all the ISJ tech's.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
Well, watching the vid gave me three ideas for applications. Two are reliant on whether or not you can be going left or right during a jump though. The first is bouncing on an opponents head via d-air. An f-air chain might also work, since the hitbox extends below you. Finally, u-air juggling could prove interesting with this, especially since you get better height control and, in my opinion, u-air is Luc's second best star KO move, after double team (I find U-smash to be far too unreliable). If any of these are possible, we could open up incredible new attack chains easily.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Wow, very good video, Jeepy! Can you imagine how awesome Lucarios would be if we could perfect this?

*Goes to practice*

nightSN

Smash Ace
dont forget we can also fastfall with u-air and d-air! from what iv read in that other thread o.o

btw i find that if you hit someone while trying to ISJR its alot easier, i think hitting them opens the frame window by abit more

nightSN

Smash Ace
hmm but i still havent gotten it down good enough -.- like do you guys wait until the peak of the 2nd jump? or do you guys aerial rise?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's very hard to do consistantly. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking there's only a 1 frame period that you can do it in. Anyway, watch my video, memorize where each aerial is done in relation to DK, go into training mode, choose DK as your opponent, and just practice.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I find that in order to ISJ Lucario's Dair, the exact height to perform the attack is roughly one Lucario body length off the ground.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This is regarding the ISJ, SJR AT's:

I know you guys have all your opinions but technique looks like it has no use. Yes I know that you could make WoP or different tactics but I really don't think this will work out. Including most of the top players of my country also agree. First of all, because thinking on the uses they are really seen as easily dodgeable etc. On I side note, I recommend training in the normal Lucario techs and techniques before jumping to any conclusions and see how this new technique develops as time rolls by.

I am not saying that this technique will not get any use in the future, for me it will not but that is my decision. I believe that watching this tech develop will be the wisest decision for now and perfect the other techs that we have for Lucario and for all the other characters. The future may surprise us though and this AT might get amazing use.

Furthermore, I am not against this tech at all, I mean what is more fun than keep on jumping indefinetely lol.

Jeepy_Sol the video turned out really well and you did a great job with it. I hope I could really have helped you out yesterday :p.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I think Lucario will get the most use out of this tech because of his Dair.

It's really very cool. Jump and Dair and opponent, follow them with double jump, Dair when you get close to the ground to pressure them, and then escape without landing lag by using an ISJ.

You can also use it to Dair VERY rapidly without landing lag. May be great for pressuring shields if done properly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
And besides, if it's really that bad, then u could always submit it to Nodrak's list of "useless techs" thread, where he will attempt to find a use.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I was just going to say that d-air basically makes this technique very useful for Lucario. If you can get the timing right, you can double jump>d-air(on the way up)>double jump>d-air(on the way up) infinitely extremely quickly.

"I believe that watching this tech develop will be the wisest decision for now and perfect the other techs that we have for Lucario and for all the other characters. The future may surprise us though and this AT might get amazing use."

Yes, I agree with this very much.

And also, I thank you again for helping me get n-air down.

AND, I don't think this needs to go in the "Useless techs" thread because there is a whole thread in the Tactical Boards discussing this technique.

(Speaking of useless techs, I have found one that I will be sharing shortly)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
NESSBOUNDER said:
I think Lucario will get the most use out of this tech because of his Dair.

It's really very cool. Jump and Dair and opponent, follow them with double jump, Dair when you get close to the ground to pressure them, and then escape without landing lag by using an ISJ.

You can also use it to Dair VERY rapidly without landing lag. May be great for pressuring shields if done properly.
That's what i thought at first. I have spent countless hours training this technique and in fact it contrasts with the fact that I think it will have no use. The problem is when following with a double jump and get close to the ground to ISJ/pressure them it is dodgable and very predictable in a way it will just be a mindgame. (At least that is how I view it.) But still honestly even though I believe this will have no use I hope that it will because I want this game to get something revolutionary to make our skills grow and change the meta-game.

The problem is that rushing and pressuring can be punished badly. Who knows maybe we find a way around it but seeing its mechanics I don't think that will really happen.

phi1ny3 said:
And besides, if it's really that bad, then u could always submit it to Nodrak's list of "useless techs" thread, where he will attempt to find a use.
I don't think that will be a wise decision for now because as many say we have only been 4 days with the technique or something like that.

Either way as I have said before that was just my opinion.

EDIT:

Jeepy_Sol said:
And also, I thank you again for helping me get n-air down.
No problem and glad to help. If you need help with anything else just ask and I'll see what I can do and do my best to help :laugh:.

nightSN

Smash Ace
well is good for me to spam f aerial! : D this can also add to my combo! : D LOL finally something that can involve 16 f aerials and an AS : D

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
well is good for me to spam f aerial! : D this can also add to my combo! : D LOL finally something that can involve 16 f aerials and an AS : D
Dude...seriously....watch what you post. Was laughing so hard I got in trouble with my boss :p But I share in your celebration.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
The most I can do is 5 in a row, and that's with d-air. You're going to have to practice a lot if you're going to want to be able to do 16 in a row!

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
ISJR D-air Potential

I think Lucario will benefit immensely from the new SJR AT, specifically with his d-air. Because of it's momentum-cancelling physics, he is able to create a "Wall of Pain" with his d-air.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zOfW7dFoDOk

It is my belief that if this can be perfected, we will benefit greatly from it.

I put it in slow motion so that you can see exactly how to do it. You're going to want to D-air at about the height of Lucario.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Ok, I don't know much about SJR or ISJR really so this may be a stupid question but is it possible to be moving left or right while doing this? Or are we stuck just going straight up and down?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Ok, I don't know much about SJR or ISJR really so this may be a stupid question but is it possible to be moving left or right while doing this? Or are we stuck just going straight up and down?
You can move left and right aswell.

Gymn

Smash Cadet
Thank You

Thanks Jeeps, i watched all the vids and did as you said..learned something, this will hopefully improved my lucario game. Lucario for TOP TIER

Top Bottom