• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Hmmm... I think I've done that before, but it didn't really register as something important... But I will mess around to see if I can recreate it.

Milln

Smash Champion
During some verification, Double Team was tested on Ike at 167%. No Amount of DI could save him if he was at ~94%. Should we redo the chart for 35% increments?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Alright, PSYCHE, I think I've figured it out.

If you are hit, and are in your hit animation, and you press X/Y and up B at the same time (Think Lucas' Zap Jump), you will do a little "teleport" in the direction you are holding.

Really not useful at all, but there ya go!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

If you are hit, and are in your hit animation, and you press X/Y and up B at the same time (Think Lucas' Zap Jump), you will do a little "teleport" in the direction you are holding.

Me want to try this

Nodrak

Smash Ace

Never say something isn't useful this early into a game. I'll remember this for next time I get into brawl, see if I can come up with uses for this.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I suppose you're right. But the thing is, the "teleport" is barely any longer than the normal momentum Lucario gets from just running and doing and up-B. Not only that, but doing this wastes your second jump.

By the way, to anyone wanting to try this, if you see the rings that appear when you do a mid-air jump, you're not doing it right.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Hmm pressing X and up B at the same time at a percise time would be a bit challenging. But I will give it a try next time I play too.

"ZOMGz0rz it could be used for mindgames!"

^^There I said it, no one else can say that now. Please actually try and brainstorm good ideas how this odd 'teleposting' could be used for a strategy. @ Whoever has done this in-game, could it be used to avoid attacks? Do you still take damage when you get hit by this? That would be cool if you took no damage. Also, another thing this could be used for comes to mind. If someone is trying to gimp us and we time it right that would be sweet if we could teleport when they hit us back on the stage and they are like 'WTF??!??' Ha. Just some speculation/suggestions about how this could be useful.

Is this some sort of technique or just some random tidbit of info (@whoever has done this in-game)?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Hmm pressing X and up B at the same time at a percise time would be a bit challenging. But I will give it a try next time I play too.
Not only that, but you have to be in your "I've been hit" animation.

"ZOMGz0rz it could be used for mindgames!"

^^There I said it, no one else can say that now. Please actually try and brainstorm good ideas how this odd 'teleposting' could be used for a strategy. @ Whoever has done this in-game, could it be used to avoid attacks? Do you still take damage when you get hit by this? That would be cool if you took no damage. Also, another thing this could be used for comes to mind. If someone is trying to gimp us and we time it right that would be sweet if we could teleport when they hit us back on the stage and they are like 'WTF??!??' Ha. Just some speculation/suggestions about how this could be useful.

Is this some sort of technique or just some random tidbit of info (@whoever has done this in-game)?
Unfortunately, you can only "teleport" up. And you still take damage while doing this.

It's not really a technique, just some random tidbit of info. But I appreciate your enthusiasm in trying to find a use for it. : )

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
You know, I saw that video this morning, and was like, "Eff yes! Lucario can crawl! That means he can do this!". Unfortunately, he cannot. Er, well, when he does it it's hardly noticeable. Unless I'm just doing it wrong, but I can do it with Sheik and Luigi easily. I guess Lucario's traction is just too good. : (

But some one else should definately test this just to verify.

Milln

Smash Champion
Even if he could, I don't see how it could be useful... but I could be thinking narrowly.

Aslo, yes. Lucario's cleets dig in too deep.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Even if he could, I don't see how it could be useful... but I could be thinking narrowly.

Aslo, yes. Lucario's cleets dig in too deep.
Spacing, dodging, quick attacks. It's a great, quick way to dodge, without going as far as Lucario usually does, giving perfect counter-attack options. You can also use it to gain that extra 2 steps forward you'd need to get into an attack instead of dashing forward then doing a dash attack instead of a smash. (Yes I know, stutterstep, but I haven't been able to pull that off going forward without doing a dash attack... maybe I need to look at my c-stick)

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Yeah Jeepy thanks for the ledge tricks video. I learned several new things and I will definetly practice these and implement them into my ledge game.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of ledge tricks, is it possible to let go of the ledge and Extremespeed back into it before your invincibility frames wear off? I've tried, but I can never get it fast enough to reduce the vulnerability time to zero (or something close to that). *laments the lack of uber fast fingers*

Maybe I need to pick up Melee again..., -Oath

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Don't they wear off right when you let go of the ledge? Hmm....maybe they don't. But if there was any invincibility frames you get I would assume that the start up lag of ES would make it wear off.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yd1FFTsecW4

I was hoping to get something similar to that (at around :35), but after playing a bit more and rewatching the vid, I noticed that Extremespeed has more startup lag and less ending lag as opposed to Teleport, with a bit more cool down lag...

Oh well, Lucario already has (one of) the best ledge games in Brawl. We wouldn't want to break him, now would we? :p

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Yeah Lucario != Mewtwo. Extreme speed's startup time is way too long. Even edge > fall > jump > edgegrab isn't enough. Brawl is slower and a lot less slide-ier then melee by a lot.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
hold on lemme watch the vid oath gave me so I know what your talking about...

EDIT: Ha that was a beatly mewtwo. Anyways. That was...interesting, how Mewtwo got on the ledge, hopped off and immedietly up-b'd back into it around :35. So your saying he had invincibility frames when he was in the air or something? *tries to understand*

Also I really doubt Lucario can do this. I wouldn't have even considered it had I seen this video and no one asked about it. Too much start-up lag :/

Nodrak

Smash Ace
You can't do it in Brawl as Lucario, it's extremely hard with any character anymore.

In melee even if you jump off from the edge, you had a half second of invincibility. So characters like Ganon could fall off the edge and immediately jump up and grab the edge before the invincibility frames ended, making him completely invincible (it was illegal for someone to stall like this if I remember correctly).

Basically that Mewtwo would jump off, still be invincible then teleport (he can't get hit by anyone because Mewtwo is technically not there in the teleport) and he would re-appear on the edge, gaining the invincibility back.

Edit to avoid double post.

Wall-clinging to the edge: While flying straight towards an edge as you would to wall cling on a normal wal, hold down on the control stick.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Wall-clinging to the edge: While flying straight towards an edge as you would to wall cling on a normal wal, hold down on the control stick.
When you say "edge", do you mean an edge that you grab onto? Because whenever I try this, I always automatically ledge-snap.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
The edge you grab onto. You somehow avoid the snap by holding down on the control stick.. Maybe I should try this myself tomorrow =S Cause I've seen people stick to the edge, I know it can be done! Infi did it in Inner Fire 9! =P

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
Can it be done on FD? Cuz I just tried it there for like 10 minutes and couldn't get it to work.

Oh and thanks for finding out how to do the teleport thing : )

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Why is wall-clinging on the edge better than snapping onto it? Don't you get invincibility frames when you latch on?

^^Sorry if that's a stupid question, bear with me people =p Brawl technical noob here

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's true, snapping to the edge is better thanks to invincibility BUT, if we can learn how to cling to the edge, we can avoid accidentally doing it in the middle of a match and getting punished.

I guess you don't hold down, maybe... well I guess I'll have to try this one later. =P

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ahhhhhhggg!! :confused: how is this going to be helpful?

Meh confuzzled...why dont we jusp snap onto ledges every time for invincibility?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
If someone is edgegaurding you, you can wall-cling instead. There's one use.
Besides that though, if we know how to wall cling to an edge, we can learn how to avoid doing it so that we don;t cling by mistake and get hit during what would be our invincibility frames.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Remember this?

If you jump and immediately double team, double team will create a much louder noise and it will create more flashing stuff. Dunno if it effects anything. You can do it by holding down, jumping and double teaming instantly.
Well, I figured out a way this can be useful. I call it Sliding Double Team.

What you do is dash, and immeadiately jump and DT. What will happen is you will gain some distance while DT'ing. Usually, when you dash or are running, you can't DT, but if you do this, you can.

Also, some more info:

*U-smash is a tipper.

*If you can manage to hit with only the second hitbox of f-tilt, it will do more knockback.

I had some more stuff when I started writing this, but I forget.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Remember this?

Well, I figured out a way this can be useful. I call it Sliding Double Team.

What you do is dash, and immeadiately jump and DT. What will happen is you will gain some distance while DT'ing. Usually, when you dash or are running, you can't DT, but if you do this, you can.

Also, some more info:

*U-smash is a tipper.

*If you can manage to hit with only the second hitbox of f-tilt, it will do more knockback.

I had some more stuff when I started writing this, but I forget.
is dmash also a tipper? whenever i use it it seems to be, actually, im pretty sure every aura move is a tipper...

the thing i hate about DT is that it doesn't start until frame 2 (worse idea for a counter-esque move EVER) i can't count how many times ive been hit with an incomplete DT (the fuzz is there, but nothing happens).

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Nope, d-smash isn't a tipper. And most of Lucario's aerials do more damage if you hit within the first frames.

Yeah, DT makes me sad sometimes. I usually just leave it for slow moves and projectiles.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
You should think about changing that backwards DT thing to the bit I wrote on it in the Show me your moves thread =P Gives an explination of what it actually is.

Random info
*Uncharged aura sphere goes 3/4 the distance a fully charged one will go (roughly)

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think Lucarios best mindgame is? Ones that i really like are the aura sphere edgeguard (charging an aura sphere right above the ledge so that when they jump up they get trapped in it) and charging my aura sphere almost all the way, so that its not obvious that i have a nice big aura sphere ready to own them.

What do you guys like?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
The A>A>DT seemed like a nice one for characters with quick jabs who try to escape AAA with jabs.
Personally I like the almost-charged aura sphere. They see me charge for a bit, it looks small, they think ok whatever. Because my Lucario isn't flashing then forget about it. On top of the fact that as I gain damage, the sphere gets bigger so when I do shoot it, they get paranoid the entire match.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
You should think about changing that backwards DT thing to the bit I wrote on it in the Show me your moves thread =P Gives an explination of what it actually is.

Random info
*Uncharged aura sphere goes 3/4 the distance a fully charged one will go (roughly)
I'm actually in the process of making a video of it. I was thinking I would just copy what you said in your "Show me your moves" thread, since you explained it very clearly (giving you 100% credit, seeing as you discovered how to do it).

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Ooo cool, I like videos. If you find anything that contradicts what I said in the Show me your moves thread let me know.

Also something I pulled from another topic.

Samuelson posted that dair wont necessarily kill at 300% (which is important in sudden death). The first hit will have just enough knockback to cause some of the lighter characters to get pushed out of the second hit of dair's reach. It depends on how the opponent DI's and where your dair was placed but it's good info.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
What do you guys think Lucarios best mindgame is? Ones that i really like are the aura sphere edgeguard (charging an aura sphere right above the ledge so that when they jump up they get trapped in it) and charging my aura sphere almost all the way, so that its not obvious that i have a nice big aura sphere ready to own them.

What do you guys like?
Something I did a lot it Melee with Marth, and do a lot with Lucario, is empty shorthops. I find that they really mess with your opponents head.

Top Bottom