• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL]AUSOM 4 Ever

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

October 29, 2011
With hosts: The Auburn Smash Crew

Aww Yea! This has got to go down as one of the best AUSOM's of it's short history. If you wern't here you missed out on a hella good time. The video recording fell apart, doubles and singles were left unfinished, but damn it this was an amazingly fun tournament. The ASL is officially underway so lets move on to the goods.

Thanks to every single person who helped make ASL and tournaments like this possible. From Alias, Cam, Cheep, Reflex, Ryker, and the rest of the ASL staff, to elev8's mom who baked all the delcious cookies and snacks, even the fifty plus members who spent their money for this league; there are too many people to list here and not forget someone. Let's just say, you know who you are and we couldn't have done it without you.

Events:
Melee Singles (17 Entrants):
1. Ragnarok

2. Wafe

3. Roboturner

4. Reflex

5. Cheap

5. AML?!

7. Ryker

7. Hero?

9. Cam

9. JTMerrel
9. Mike

9. M3t

13. iPuff

13. YAWP
13. Dane

13. TJ

Brawl Doubles (6:30):
Coming Soon​

Alabama Smash League Brawl Singles (44 Entrants):

1. Reflex ($125)

2. Elev8 ($60)

3. Kismet ($25)

4. Player-1 ($10)

5. 4GOD

5. DRN

7. Bill_

7. Micaelis

9. Ragnarok

9. Dynomite

9. Spade

9. George

13. AML?!

13. Saki

13. Hero?

13. iPuff

17. Peru
17. Cheap

17. Slam

17. Ryker

17. Ingulit

17. JMIX

17. Gabe

17. M3t

25. Popsofctown

25. Cam

25. YAWP

Eliminated in Pools (in Alphabetical order):
Alias

ARX

Beezy
Benji

Blue

Blu77

Brian
Dane
Ensane

JTMerrel

P5

REA
Senliten

TAKER

Tully

TY

WumpusKing

Player-1

Smash Legend
Fun tournament, IHOP was the best.

Shoutouts:

Dyno: RC only da bess, thanks for driving and stuff
Chas: don't ditto me.
Michael: I hope you wreck chas next time cuz he's a ***** for dittoing me, fun talking to you in the car, teams was fun
4god: Fun talking to you in the car, learn RC and stuff. Teams was fun
Reflex: GGs, thanks for housing us and I'll get you next time
Elev8: Thanks for letting us into your parent's house and good job beating everyone. I wanted to play you and get ICs practice =/
Cheap Peach: you mad my bowser 2-0ed you ^.^? GGs, fun talking to you also
Billy: Teams was fun, Diddy and Sheik go together pretty well and we'll wreck Iron Brawl, soz though, it was my fault we lost to micaelisuck and randomd3scrub =/
Ingulit: Enjoyed talking to you, you should have stayed at IHOP with us.
M3T and aml: No GaW FFA =/, we need to have it some other time so i can wreck both of you
Hero: GGs bro, we need to rematch on port town sometime though.
IHOP PPL: legit, we needed to make a run for it next time.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
This tournament was as fun as I could expect for it to be.

Thanks to to Spade, Ryker, and Ben for being encouraging as I learned to play with my hand tied behind my back by a ban I supported for long term benefit of Alabama. (John by virtue of playing a new character all the way to the same placement I got).
Unthanks to people who laughed at my play or sandbagged friendlies because I wasn't much of a challenge. They may have not had any idea, but I don't care, maybe they should have done more to figure it out or just have been polite to everyone. It's absolutely frustrating. I can't name names because you can never say for sure whether someone is playing their best or whether they actually have a good Yoshamujiggs, but I it happened at least once.

Levi and Billy were hilarious at IHop.

Cheap is an awesome teams partner and was really fun to play with.

Anyone else, I forgot, sorry.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
This tournament was as fun as I could expect for it to be.

Thanks to to Spade, Ryker, and Ben for being encouraging as I learned to play with my hand tied behind my back by a ban I supported for long term benefit of Alabama. (John by virtue of playing a new character all the way to the same placement I got).
Unthanks to people who laughed at my play or sandbagged friendlies because I wasn't much of a challenge. They may have not had any idea, but I don't care, maybe they should have done more to figure it out or just have been polite to everyone. It's absolutely frustrating. I can't name names because you can never say for sure whether someone is playing their best or whether they actually have a good Yoshamujiggs, but I it happened at least once.

Levi and Billy were hilarious at IHop.

Cheap is an awesome teams partner and was really fun to play with.

Anyone else, I forgot, sorry.
I hope I wasn't included with people sandbagging when I switched to Falcon from GnW in friendlies :( I actually really like Falcon and I didn't expect to win, and when I did, I thought my falcon had just improved. Anyway, I sure didn't know you were an mk main learning new things, and it was a lot of fun playing friendlies with you. I hope you learned some GnW matchup stuff with all of those characters you tried. I, for one, did not laugh at your play, and I hope you got something out of our 15 or so friendlies. I saw improvement and adaptation, but then I adapted to your adaptation :p Anyway, gg, and I hope to play you again!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I hope I wasn't included with people sandbagging when I switched to Falcon from GnW in friendlies :( I actually really like Falcon and I didn't expect to win, and when I did, I thought my falcon had just improved. Anyway, I sure didn't know you were an mk main learning new things, and it was a lot of fun playing friendlies with you. I hope you learned some GnW matchup stuff with all of those characters you tried. I, for one, did not laugh at your play, and I hope you got something out of our 15 or so friendlies. I saw improvement and adaptation, but then I adapted to your adaptation :p Anyway, gg, and I hope to play you again!
No, the Falcon was an acceptably low proportion of the games you played with me.

You actually have the reason I switched characters so frequently backwards. I'm pretty familiar with the MK vs. G&W matchup, it was actually the matchup I played to win a loser's finals the only time I placed in money (at a dollar house tourney, but full of strong players). I was trying to find a character with similar tools I'm familiar with, since I figured finding a way to apply what I do know about GW gave me better chances then favoring the chars I have a bit more experience with.

Marth seemed to fight G&W in a way quite deceptively different from how MK does. I think I'm going to learn a projectile character for the matchup since I actually hate Marth :X

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Loser finals 3-1 Raf
Grand finals ~ 1st set - Raf 3-2 (ice climbers & ZSS)
2nd set~ 3-0 Reflex (all wario whole tournament)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Pretty happy with my performance :]
For anyone who ever has to play me in tournament in the future, you better make sure pause is off

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I played Zelda one game against Rag. Edit the op if you want, i just thought i would let you know

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was definitely worth almost losing my life! Lol. Higgens and I are converting to Gamecube Controllers so we'll hopefully be ready for the next tournament. Aml was telling me about doing the Dacus and BDacus and explained it. I am getting it down and I am trying to find another character for characters like Falco. I should be ready before this next Tournament.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Senliten was there? Omg why did I not find him and talk about the wonders that are Youmu? D:

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Tournament was too legit. I'll play more consistently next time. Too busy for shoutouts now. See you guys in a couple of weeks!

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Wow Looked like a Solid tourney!
4God as another d3main i never tell you Good job for your placings.
So nice!
Ragnarock ryker mobile tourney sooon right?
Benji :( All good!

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
For the record, he's moving out of the south east now.
Pretty much, Will be gone for about 8-12 months before coming back home. During that time I'll be attending as many smash fests up in KS as I possibly can. So don't feel bad Kola, plenty of time to discuss that deliciousness upon my return.

Anywhom, had fun as always, but may end up taking the plunge to switching with Marth (all I did was almost FAir and other low level nonsense, but manage to do more with such basics as compared to what I should know with my Ike.)

Not sure who had that G&W in pools, but had the most fun with that match. GG's all around.

Small question regarding replays, should I hand them over to someone, or just record/edit/upload to some site like youtube?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Looks @ Results...

Wait... WHAT???

MSAS WENT!?! WTF????

O **** BENJI IS BACK FROM THE ARMY!!!!!!!!!

What happened to that G&W player and skater? & Saint?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Looks @ Results...

Wait... WHAT???

MSAS WENT!?! WTF????

O **** BENJI IS BACK FROM THE ARMY!!!!!!!!!

What happened to that G&W player and skater? & Saint?
Not sure about Skater, but Saint got like work cancelled or something.

And kk Senliten, sounds good. Be safe and stuff during your absence

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
but Saint got like work cancelled or something.
That. D:
And I'm getting bandhasashowinCrestview cancelled for The Iron Brawl II.
Which is doubly ****ty, because one of my best friends goes to college in Tuscaloosa, and I wanted to go visit him.

Resist IV tho.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
With Megabus getting a station in Atlanta, I think I have a bunch of GA people coming to Resist now.

Top Bottom