• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Nicknyte about Pichu thread

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! I'm here to answer your question on Pichu and help you improve as a smasher to defeat as many matchups as you can. I will be more than happy to answer any questions that come in. Believe it or not, I'll be under heavy scrutiny from ICG since he lurks everything I do, so I give you my two cents. So please, ask away, subscribe to this thread, and likewise, come here often to ask questions.

- Nicknyte

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
get ***** because pichu sucks.

i'd assume uair or agility. pichu can't effectively ledgehop stall cuz he sucks. you COULD try ledgehop perfect waveland off regrab, but I think pichu is too slow to do that.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Pichu is the second worst character in the game. It is that much more imperative to be patient in comparison to the rest of the cast.

You have very few reliable approach options, and your range is a joke. ICG is right when he says your #1 priority is to learn to maximize your usage of Nair.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
patience, above all else.
Quoted for truth.

Being quick and flashy with Pichu is great, but know this. You die fast. You have to be able to take the time to space your moves correctly and accurately.

If you want a pichu specific answer, you should not be afraid of using self-damage moves, especially Up-B and B. If you search this sub forum, you'll find the Agility thread. Its key that you use it to mindgame opponents. Also practice your Jolt, since a good snipe will disrupt an opponent's recovery and maybe a possible followup with a nair or even riskier, a dair.

get ***** because pichu sucks.

i'd assume uair or agility. pichu can't effectively ledgehop stall cuz he sucks. you COULD try ledgehop perfect waveland off regrab, but I think pichu is too slow to do that.
I discourage advice like this. Although he's stating the obvious about pichu's apparent skill, let not say pichu sucks. Wording is important :D

I think he could do the waveland option. The problem being is pichu's waveland. It's tricky. Doesn't go far and easy to mess up into an SD

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hi ICG, I see you lurking.

No, there is not. As an edgeguard? U'd do better just nairing off the stage or CC a hit into a dsmash if they don't tech it right. However, you can place your Up-B with it to find a better recovery option.....

Well, if you want, you can punish resting Jiggs with it. lol

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
what are some good approach options with pichu?ive taken a liking to playing with him for some reason :bee:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol at Pichu having options.

Seriously though: SHFFL'd Nair is your main approach. SHFFL'd Uair works if you KNOW it will hit... Agility if you're a boss like me...

Really though, I don't think Pichu should be approaching.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Approaching with Pichu is not hard as it is tricky. Given, that Pichu's Nair is his strongest weapon on approaching, but it lack priority, so we gotta mix it up a bit.

When fighting Heavies, running in a straight line isn't smart. Fox = Upsmash Falco = Lazorz Falcon = Knee.

So, use Uair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsNwLrG9M94&feature=player_detailpage#t=76s

Even at 10 damage, Pichu's Set knockback on Uair can be followed into Upsmash with so decent reading.

If you wanna get close. Might wanna mix up some mindgames, dash dances till they let down their guard.

Or u can just camp since Pichu is so small that projectiles go over him :p 3 to 1 COMBACK WITH A PICHU ON FALCO? WTF?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsNwLrG9M94&feature=player_detailpage#t=443s

I personally like Running Nair ----> Through opponent ----> Back throw to approach. Its mad confusing :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsNwLrG9M94&feature=player_detailpage#t=53s

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I like how all your examples come from the same video. Anyways, how should I incorporate agility into my play?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Okay Nicknyte I got something to ask, this will either make me come here asking for more advice, or stop from asking anyone for advice period, because the more i play with Pichu, the more I see people don't know talking about when it comes to Pichu's moveset.

What are the pro's and con's of Pichu's aerial attacks? (All of them)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
how does one play super ghey against pichus?
Play as any character with a crouch-cancel option and a decent projectile game. Camp projectiles, poke when he tries to space you and crouch-cancel counter any hits. Possibly chase after the CCC if it is safe.

Characters this works with: Samus, Peach, Sheik, Ice Climbers, etc...

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Thanks a lot. Now playing with him will be allot gayer. I don't look forward to our next matches >_<

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I feel like this thread should have posts in it.

What is the best way to use dair? I've found that its a nice edgeguard on fax/falco and some other people, but thats about the only time I really use it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
uthrow dair combos against faster falling characters such as DK/Roy/Sheik/Marth

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I suppose you'd be more apt to nair, as dair damages Pichu. I'm just recalling frame advantages Pika has and the fact that Pichu's uthrow as well as dair's speed are similar.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yea, I can't really think of any situations where Dair is a better option than nair xD
I just kinda want to find some purpose for it.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yea I've never really noticed any significant difference, but I'll mess around with it a bit I guess.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no, like, Pichu's file has the same angle in the angle location of the hitboxes

Top Bottom